ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pattashe for amrit sanchar

Guru fateh

we have AMRIT SANCHAR ,this Saturday night in Seattle , daas don't want non-bibeki PATTASHE to be used in amrit sanchar

this is an urgent request to the sangat to post pattashe recepies , as there is not much time left for amrit sanchar
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Pattashe for amrit sanchar
July 19, 2010 03:17AM
baba jee i went to smagam at seattle

amrit sanchar was very loooong 7 hours i believe?

btw did u get the bibeki patasai?

oddslot
July 19, 2010 08:27AM
veerjee, the amrit sanchar at delhi samagam last year was more than 18 hours long!

singh jee and i waited outside for some friends in the morning after the raensabae. all you could hear from the building was a roar of hundreds of voices together saying "vah-guroo!" over and over. there were panj baaj (falcons) circling the building, at intervals they would all land and sit on top of the building. i think they were listening to the simran. guru ka pehera. smiling smiley
waheguru

waheguru

waheguru
July 19, 2010 09:41PM
wow 18 hours thats insane

i remember during sant jee's time there used to be so many people taking amrit that they had different sets of panj pyarai doing 2 hour rauls, then the next 5 would come im!!!!

oddslot

i remember during sant jee's time there used to be so many people taking amrit that they had different sets of panj pyarai doing 2 hour rauls, then the next 5 would come im!!!!

That is astonishing and interesting. Could it be approved? Which Sant Ji, you are talking about Veer Ji ?
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Forgive me for jumping in here. I heard this story from Singhs.

In the early 1980s, during the Dharam Yudh Morcha, Sant Giani Jarnail Singh Ji was scheduled to speak in a pind (village) in Punjab. Sant Ji was scheduled to speak for 1 hour and Sangat had gathered in the thousands to hear Sant Ji speak.

Sant Ji was speaking with great power and passion that 1 hour was just not enough. Sangat was intently listening to every word and Sant Ji continued to do Parchaar of Guru Ji's GurSikhi.

Sant Ji's Gurmat speech ended up lasting 7 hours. At the conclusion, there was to be an Amrit Sanchaar and about 10,000 people were ready to take Amrit that day. Seeing the large number of Sangat, a solution was needed to give the Sangat Amrit within a reasonable time period.

So 5 sets of 5 Pyaaray sevadars did the seva of Amrit Sanchaar. So basically there were 5 Amrit Sanchaars going on at one time. The Amrit Sanchaars were performed with proper Khalsa Maryada and no interference from anyone was allowed. After the Amrit Sanchaars were complete, Sant Jarnail Singh Ji did Katha on stage talking about Khalsa Gurmat Maryada and lifestyle.

This happened on many occasions. With so much Sangat ready to take Amrit, accomodations were necessary to give Amrit to all of the devotees. So much Parchaar was done that there was a shortage of Kakkar production in India!

-----------------------------

Just a note, there was no "switching" of the Panj Pyraaray sevadaars. The same 5 Pyraaray were present throughout the entire Amrit Sanchaar.

Bhul chuk maaf kario Jee.
July 20, 2010 08:21PM
i have heard so many of these stories from the '80s, and even from "sants" of today's time. tens and hundreds of thousands blessed with amrit.

so where are all of these hundreds of thousands of amritdhari gursikhs today? certainly not in the villages where they were originally inspired...

in india it's estimated that less than 5% of sikhs are amritdhari. if the stories we hear of so many thousands taking amrit in one day (every week for years) are true- and i believe the are true - then why are those singhs so hard to find today? what happened to all of them? sad smiley
Thanks to Sevadar84 Veer Ji for clarification that there was no switching over of 5 Singhs, in one SANCHAAR.

As Bhein Ji points it out can we have an approximate figure of Amritdhai Singhs in Punjab or elsewhere. I will shift to new message for that.
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

1kaur Bhainjee raises a good question. First of all, some people wonder, if so many people received Amrit in the 1980's that the Kakkars were running out in Punjab, then where are they now?

Well, a lot of Gursikhs became Shaheed in 1984 and the years after too. My own pind in India, along with others were randomly targetted at night. There were shootings and killings in the years after 1984 as well. Also, many Gursikhs also fled Punjab after 1984. Some went to Canada, UK, USA and some even went to other states in India.

Another very important point to think about is that so many young Singhs became Shaheed in the 1980's and even early 1990's. This resulted in a loss of many generations. Those young Singhs would've gotten married and had children who would've been Gursikhs. So at least 2-3 generations were heavily effected. That's one reason why we don't see as many numbers of Gursikhs in Punjab today. Many families are still recovering after the loss of their fathers, brothers, sons, sisters....

In regards to today, I think the nashaa, alcohol, bollywood factors play a major role in how much Sikhi Parchaar effects the population. Guru Maharaj Jee Kirpa Karn .

But let's remember....Guru Maharaj Ji always wanted quality over quantity right.

40 hungry Gursikhs vs. 1,000,000 Mughal soldiers. Dhan Guru Jee, Dhan Guru Jee de Pyaaray GurSikhs.

Bhul chuk maaf kario Jee.
July 21, 2010 07:45AM
the loss of so many gursikhs in the '80s in punjab makes sense...

but now we have sant-babas all over india claiming to do amrit sanchars for thousands every week... these are the ones i'm wondering about. smiling smiley
July 26, 2010 01:41PM
daas was wrong about the panj pyarai taking shifts. a chardi kala gursikh told me. sory for any confusions

oddslot
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login