ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sikhi Internet site?

Posted by Sukhdeep Singh 
Sikhi Internet site?
January 08, 2010 08:57PM
People outside of Sikhi often ask me where I can find info about Sikhi. Besides some Gurmat Message forms I really dont know any pro- Gurmat based educational sites for people who want to learn about SIkhi. Does anybody know any sites. If admin does not allow sites to be posted on this forum then can you email me the sites at sukhie_singh@yahoo.com

thanks
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Sikhi Internet site?
January 08, 2010 09:11PM
The Admins have no problem with posting other Sikhi sites so long as the sites are indeed Sikhi sites.

Btw, we are working on making this site such a site from where visitors can get overall knowledge about Sikhi. It will take time but with Guru Sahib's blessings and cooperation from all of you, this site will get there.

Admin.
January 08, 2010 10:42PM
the literature section of akj.org has some good info, as well as some of bhai sahib randhir singh ji's tracts and shorter books in pdf format (some in english, some in gurmukhi).

sikh nation has free inspirational books, including bhai sahib rama singh ji's autobiography (one i always recommend to my friends). they're real paper books, but they're free, so it's worth a look.
January 09, 2010 11:52AM
As Admin Veer Ji says, they are working on it. It is good. For non sikhs; or beginners; it should be a welcome site. It should be most intelligently designed. It is a challenging job. I am not satisfied with most other sites for this purpose.(I note it here, in my department; most senior teachers were given the teaching work for introductory courses.) Such sites should not carry controversial stuff.

I also hide in my mind; sites with names as Religion or God or Divinity or Peace; introducing Gurmat; because Gurmat is the only feasible religion, which truely addresses these subjects. Let the world get the quality material; in the form; which is desired. If a man thinks about God and makes a search for it; why should he wander here and there? He should easily be directed to a site introducing to Guru Nanak Sahib.

Veer Kulbir Singh Ji, a lot is to be done yet. Guru mehar kare.
January 09, 2010 03:33PM
True this is a good site about Sikhi but I think for beginners it might be too much. I was wondering because the other day at work a History teacher asked me if I was a Muslim, I replied to him that I was a Sikh. A couple days later he asked me if Sikhs are Hindus. We had a long conversation and I cleared the matter up. In the end he mentioned he would like to find more info about Sikhi. Im guessing that when I told him I was a Sikh the first time he did some research and probably came across a site that states Sikhs are Hindus.

There are many Sikh states that dont do much to destroy this misconception as many Sikhs still share the theological beliefs of Hindus. Thats why its nice to refer people to a site that teaches about the basic of Gurmat Spirituality. This site is good but I just feel like there is too much information on this site which would overwhelm a person who is beginning to learn about Sikhi. I guess maybe I can take articles from this site and email people the information.
January 10, 2010 08:07AM
Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Will recommend

[www.sikhism101.com]

[www.sikhism101.com]

Gursikhs must always remember

ਭੁਲਣ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਸਭੁ ਕੋ ਅਭੁਲੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਕਰਤਾਰੁ ॥
Everyone makes mistakes, only the Guru and the Creator are infallible.
ਭੁਲਣ ਅੰਦਰਿ = (ਮਾਇਆ ਦੇ ਅਸਰ ਹੇਠ ਆ ਕੇ) ਕੁਰਾਹੇ ਪੈਣ ਵਿਚ। ਸਭੁ ਕੋ = ਹਰੇਕ ਜੀਵ। ਅਭੁਲੁ = ਉਹ ਜੇਹੜਾ ਮਾਇਆ ਦੇ ਅਸਰ ਹੇਠ ਜੀਵਨ ਸਫ਼ਰ ਵਿਚ ਗ਼ਲਤ ਕਦਮ ਨਹੀਂ ਚੁੱਕਦਾ।
(ਹੇ ਬਾਬਾ! ਮਾਇਆ ਐਸੀ ਪ੍ਰਬਲ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਇਸ ਦੇ ਢਹੇ ਚੜ੍ਹ ਕੇ) ਹਰੇਕ ਜੀਵ ਗ਼ਲਤੀ ਖਾ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ, ਸਿਰਫ਼ ਗੁਰੂ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਕਰਤਾਰ ਹੈ ਜੋ (ਨਾਹ ਮਾਇਆ ਦੇ ਅਸਰ ਹੇਠ ਆਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ, ਤੇ) ਨਾਹ ਗ਼ਲਤੀ ਖਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ।

Source: [www.srigranth.org]

Therefore it's best to take guidance from Satguru Granth Sahib jeeo, all others are bound to make mistakes.
Read, contemplate and practice teachings of Gurbani.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh
January 11, 2010 09:46AM
Thanks for the sikhism101 link this is the perfect site in introducing Sikhi, and is exactly what I was looking for
January 18, 2010 02:52PM
since the santhia section is under construction

i wish to share this link

[www.damdamitaksal.org]

this is one of the two damdami taksaal websites

guroo sahibs kirpaa

this website has full guroo granth sahibaan santhiaa in audio files

the media player is embedded into the webpage

and u can do santhia based on sections of Angs from maharaaj's saroop

[www.sikhvibes.com]

another great website with upcoming events, audio and video collections and photos from samagams and events with a chatting system.

Bhul Chuk Muaaf

VahegurooJeeKaaKhalsaa VahegurooJeeKeeFatheh

Tanvir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login