ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kamai of previous janams carrying over?

Posted by jpsingh77 
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

I believe that if an Amritdhari Sikh is in the process of getting enlightment by japping Naam and his swaas quota gets over, he again takes birth in a Gurmukh family, and his spirituality starts from the same state as where it ended in his last janam.

Now my questions is - if he has some previous kamai, is it sure that he'll carry on the path of spirituality in the coming janams? I mean, is it also possible that despite having some previous kamai, an individual gets lost in world's maya and then loses his previous kamai, let alone earning some more and becoming one with Waheguru?

If that is possible, isn't it a bit disheartening that if you are unable to achieve your goal of merger with Waheguru in this janam (but you are on that track!), you are not sure whether you'll be able to stay in this path (let alone progress) in your subsequent janams?

Pls share any Gurbani line that supports your view!

Many thanks in advance!
Dass,
-JP
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
You have just proved why it's a must to realise waheguru in this lifetime.
Ideally yes! And all of us must strive for it. However, we all know that each of us are at a different level of Gursikhi and Waheguru Ji's grace.

Hence the doubt in my mind!
This becomes more relevant as the effect of Kalyug increases! As time will go by, it might become even more difficult not to get distracted by maya. You can just compare today's scenario with last century's!

Hope I'm making sense!
Everybody has the chance to meet Vaheguroo, it depends on us and how much we want it and most of all Guru Sahib Dee Kirpa. Many Gurmukhs doing intense Bhagati have always said i don't want to come back, in this lifetime i will get all my account wiped (Japping Naam/BaNee) and meet my Beloved.
Anything is possible. Who knows what Karma from previous life may sprout to haunt us. For this reason, it is imperative to strive to get Mukat in this lifetime. As Vista jee mentioned, the Kalyug is going to get worse with every minute passing by. Bhagti too would get harder because of its affect.

As for losing previous Kamayee, the danger of this is always there, even in this Janam. If we get led astray by Maya, we may lose, whatever little bit of Kamaee we may have. It's best to live in love and fear of Guru Sahib, to be humble all the time, to avoid getting Haume and to strive to obey Hukams of Guru Sahib all the time.

Kulbir Singh
I was of the thought that all your previous bad karam get wiped once you receive amrit, however in Bhai Sahibs autobigography the story regarding his teeth being smashed by the police officer with one leg was to balance the account of a previous karam, i dont understand tho, because Bhai Sahib was one of the greatest Gurmukhs and surely once he received amrit and lived the way he did, wouldnt he have wiped that past action out?
i have heard that when we are blessed with amrit, our previous karams from this life are washed away. is this true? (i sure hope so! winking smiley )
Even I am under the same impression!

However what happens if someone 'chuks' amrit, then does some bujr-kurehat. After realising his mistake, he again takes amrit? Does the bad karma of this kurehit also gets removed?

Anyone pls throw some light on this!

Thanks,
Dass
-JP
jpsingh77 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Even I am under the same impression!
>
> However what happens if someone 'chuks' amrit,
> then does some bujr-kurehat. After realising his
> mistake, he again takes amrit? Does the bad karma
> of this kurehit also gets removed?
>
> Anyone pls throw some light on this!
>
> Thanks,
> Dass
> -JP

Sadh Sangat Ji Kirpa Karo, please share your thoughts on this!
Does anyone know about any related Sakhi?

Dass,
-JP
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login