ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question about Bhai Nand Lal Singh Jee's writing

Posted by JASJIT SINGH 
Guru Piyare jio,

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh

Does any one has the source of Bhai Nand Lal Jee's Ghazals? and look for this:

ਆਗੈ ਦੇਖ ਚਲੋ ਨੰਦ ਲਾਲਾ, ਪਾਛੈ ਜੋ ਬੀਤੀ ਸੋ ਬੀਤੀ ....

With Regards,
Daas,
Jasjit Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Bhai Kulbir Singh jio,

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Do you have any clue?

With Regards,
Daas,
Jasjit Singh
Bhai Sahib jee, I have heard this verse but am not sure if this belongs to Bhai Nandlal jee. It is hard to say. I will be re- reading Bhai Sahib jee's writings in the near future and if this comes across, I will let you know.

Kulbir Singh
I was wondering did Bhai Sahib compose the dohra we recite after ardas.

Also how did Bhai Sahib pass away, and what Bhai Sahibs complete name.

I remember someone saying that Bhai Sahibs name is Bhai Nand Lal Goya and the word Singh is not added because he never took Amrit. I have an extremely difficult time believing that Bhai Sahib never took Amrit. How can someone come up with this information after reading the beautiful writings of Bhai Sahib. Surely he was a blessed Gurmukh. Is it possible that Guru Sahib refers to Bhai Sahib as "Nand Lal" as a nickname meaning my beloved Nand. I remember a Singh telling me that Bhai Sahibs name was changed to Bhai Anand SIngh after taking Amrit? Does anybody know the source of this?

I also remember sakhi in which one day Guru Sahib was off to war and Bhai Sahib became full of Bir Rass and was ready to go off to war as well. But Guru Ji refused to let him go and said you fight with the pen. Which war was this and what Sakhi is this.

How did Bhai Sahib pass away. I remember reading somewhere that after leaving Anandpur Sahib Guru Ji sent Bhai Sahib to a city ( i forgot the name now) to protect him from Mughals. Basically the person was saying Bhai Nand Lal was never a Sikh he was just a worker of Guru Sahib whom was under his protection??

There is so much mis-information of Bhai Sahib. It would be nice if we can get a detailed account of Bhai Sahibs blessed life.
the dohra after ardaas has multiple sources - from giani gian singh to bhai prehlaadh singh, and even some older pothis - you should listen to bhai pinderpal singh ji's katha on dohra
I do remember someone mentioning that Bhai Gian SIngh wrote the Dohra after Ardas. But I dont understand why it was added after the rehatnama of Bhai Nand Lal Singh Ji?
Bhai Nandlal jee, Giani Gian Singh and others who wrote the Dohra in their writings was not their own writing but Siri Guru jee's writing. At the time when Siri Guru jee pronounced this Dohra at Hazoor Sahib before Jyoti-jyot, it was right away memorized by Singhs who sang it after ardaas. This dohra with slight differences is present in the writings of that time.

Kulbir Singh
A descendent of Bhai Nand Lal writes a shabad kirtan blog (http://shabadkirtan.blogspot.com). His name is Shivpreet Singh. So its clear that his family took Singh as the last name. He might know more ... but thats my thinking.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login