ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bhai Kulbir Singh ji has done Akal Chalana

Posted by Preetam Singh 
ਸੇਵਕਕੀਓੜਕਿਨਿਬਹੀਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ॥

photo_2022-01-11_18-34-23

On December 15, 2021, at 10:20 pm, the founder of Gurmat Bibek, our beloved Bhai Kulbir Singh Ji, left his human body to be with Guru Sahib Ji at last in Sach Khand. Very few people in the modern world have left such a sweeping impact on the Sikh community as Bhai Sahib. Over the course of the many years that he has devoted to Seva and Parchaar, he has brought countless individuals and families into Guru Sahib Ji's Sharan, to live a life that is in accordance with Gurmat. He has helped bring Tatt Gurmat principles, the knowledge of which has been lost for many years among the Sikh community, back into the spotlight. Bhai Sahib loved everything to do with Sikhi and truly devoted every waking hour to Panthik Seva so much so that his last Bachan to me a day before being put on the ventilator was to make sure every Seva is ongoing and undisturbed.

Oftentimes, the greatest gems are not recognized until they are no longer before us. Bhai Sahib was a Gurmukh of very high caliber and I had the blessed fortune to do Sangat with him for the past 12 years, 11 of which we did Amritvela together every day. I was blessed to be able to spend a majority of my time in his Sangat and Bhai Sahib showed me so much love that there is not enough time in one life to explain. I always wished to meet a Gursikh who could be my guiding hand and show me the path to liberation. Although I am totally unworthy and a lowly creature Guru Sahib blessed me to be in the Sangat of a Mahapurakh such as Bhai Kulbir Singh ji. Jathedaar, Sant, Father, Friend and beloved Hamsafar, were all roles that Bhai Sahib fulfilled in my life. How lovingly he would call me Barkhurdaar and how much longing there is in my soul to meet him again are beyond explanation.

Many times I would ask Bhai Sahib to promise to keep me with him forever and he would always say "Guru Sahib Hamesha Sanjog Banayee Rakhan." I have never met or read of a Gursikh such as him and never has anyone held such a place in my heart. It was my dearest desire to be by his side till my last breaths but Guru Sahib willed otherwise. I was blessed to share in his spiritual experiences and he would oftentimes, at my earnest requests, confide his spiritual state with me. Guru Sahib blessed me with the Seva of being with him during his last breaths and it truly feels as if Bhai Sahib chose me to be holding his hand at that time.
I have so much to share and write but it isn’t possible all at once. Guru Sahib ji Kirpa Karke Seva Lai Lain.

We have decided to open up the forum to allow anyone to share their experiences with Bhai Sahib here. In honour of his memory, please share your experiences with Bhai Sahib so we can all be inspired by his life and Seva. We, too, over the coming time will be biographing his life and Seva for the Panth. Guru Sahib ji Kirpa Karan.

Preetam Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Vaheguru!
There's a lot that could be written about Bhai Kulbir Singh but I will try to focus just on one week in 2009 that we got to spend together. It was their last visit to BC. My Sikhi was in a bit of a rut at the time. I needed a push and I was excited to get to have the Sangat of someone like them for a few days, having a feeling inside that this week would end up really helping me.

He was able to encourage people to make important changes by just having faith in them, that they had the ability to do it. Not with judgment but with positivity and positive affirmation. "If I could do it, why can't you?". This happened with multiple people that week (and over the past 20 years or so) but I will share my own story.

After a couple days of just hanging out and just talking about life, I remember Bhai Sahib telling me I had to start doing Sukhmani Sahib every day - that it was necessary if I wanted to succeed spiritually and otherwise. I was reluctant to commit knowing that it'd be a fairly serious daily commitment but after they broke it down to me according to my own Manmukh logic, I reluctantly agreed.

He asked me how long it takes me to read the first Astpadi, I said I could do it pretty fast, maybe in around 1 minute but that the other Astpadis would be somewhat slower. He convinced me that once I started doing Sukhmani Sahib every day every other Astpadi would eventually be as fluent for me allowing me to finish the Paath in under 30 minutes. I was like OK - I could commit under 30 minutes per day, no problem. His ability to convince me that it would eventually take me less than 30 minutes rather than the 45-50 minutes I had envisioned was actually all I needed to agree based on my Manmukh thinking. He was absolutely certain I would quickly become fluent which ended up happening in a few weeks. After I committed to that, he then also gently prodded me to commit to doing Asa Di Vaar as well. After that, he told me that I have a great memory (after us recalling many past incidents that we were both present for) and that I actually needed to memorize both of these paaths as well as soon as possible. He kept slowly upping his suggestions in an almost strategic way to try and maximize how much he could get out of me.

There are a few other stories from that week but all in a similar vein. He had a lot of faith in people even if he didn't see eye to eye with them on 100% of things.

There was a lot of general wisdom that he shared with me that week about finding a spouse, marriage, friendship, loyalty among many other topics. A lot of what we discussed then is still with me today and is helping me navigate life.

After that week, he would sometimes email me asking for advice. I would always find it pretty odd and kind of surreal. This super important Gursikh is emailing *me* asking for advice or asking my opinion on something? Whyy? I think it was because he always saw the best in others. He always saw their potential even when it was unfulfilled. Bhai Kulbir Singh having faith in me meant that maybe I could really become a proper Gursikh some day even though it can sometimes feel so hard.

Bhai Kulbir Singh's last words to me a few months ago were, characteristically, a compliment. "You have got good memory that you remembered it." Bhai Sahib was always nice, always funny and had a genuine ability to connect with Sangat and see their potential. I will genuinely miss them.
Losing a close loved one is one of the hardest parts of life. There is nothing in the world to make it easier or any less painful, but His will is the sweetest and we must all accept it. The loss of Bhai Sahib isn’t one of just a close companion or family member, but on a great panthik level because of the vast and deep knowledge, panthik soch, love, steadfastness and seva Bhai Sahib possessed.

From the time of my introduction to Akhand Keertani Jatha, I came to read Bhai Sahib’s earlier forum posts back on akj.org and later tapoban.org. Sometime back in the early 2000’s, our email contact began and we formed a close bond through email communication which quickly moved onto phone calls and then meeting in person. We met in the UK whilst Bhai Sahib was visiting, during trips to Punjab and in Canada. We instantly became like family from the very moment we spoke and Bhai Sahib always treated me like a little brother. I became a part of Bhai Sahib’s family instantly.

There is much to write, from personal stories Bhai Sahib narrated to me on his childhood, to taking Amrit, getting married, having children and so forth, but it is hard to do so at this moment. Bhai Sahib’s childhood stories are very funny and wild. Bhai Sahib was a very naughty but innocent child. I have heard stories from Bhai Sahib’s other family members too, about his earlier days and the mischief Bhai Sahib would cause. He was full of joy and laughter, even up to adulthood.

Bhai Sahib’s qalam was his strongest attribute. It can’t be argued. He had knowledge of every subject anyone could bring up. There wasn’t anything, or anyone he could not converse on or with. Whether it was academic, religious, spiritual, philosophy, languages, tales, even earlier songs he had heard as a child; Bhai Sahib could literally talk to anyone about anything. This was one of Bhai Sahib’s many qualities which made him accessible and likeable to all who ever met him. Bhai Sahib was also very friendly, caring, fair, understanding, and very charismatic. All of these qualities set him aside from others around him. At first, his tall and strong stature would be intimidating, but his kind, happy nature would ease you instantly.

Amritvela, Naam Abhiyaas, Gurbanee Paath, rehit, doing kojh and seva (etc.,) were all part of Bhai Sahib’s life in every sense of their existence. I have never known anyone who’s life was devoted to Gurmat in such a way. Whenver I stayed at Bhai Sahib’s house; I never saw him waking up for Amritvela. I would try to wake up earlier, but Bhai Sahib would already be in full bana and ready for Amritvela. Bhai Sahib would always be the first one awake. Even when there was no sangat for Amritvela Naam Abhiyaas before the sangat of Gurmat Bibek formed. I remember my earlier trips to Toronto, even with no sangat, Bhai Sahib would regularly do Keertan at home with his family and Sri Akhand Paath Sahib smagams with Bhainjee Harkiran Kaur (Bhai Sahib’s wife). I was amazed at the regularity and commitment they both had towards spirituality and bringing up their children in such a spiritually charged home.

One of Bhai Sahib’s greatest commitments was ensuring no dhill in rehit occurred with those he was able to help, even with Gursikhs in Punjab. There is a lot of gupt seva Bhai Sahib has done with helping many Gursikh children in Punjab who come from financially weak homes, but Bhai Sahib never openly shared this seva with anyone. Bhai Sahib had a very soft heart, and seeing other children of Gursikhs go without, really upset him. Bhai Sahib’s vision for the future generations was one of flourishment in Gurmat and living comfortably in the world.

Bhai Kulbir Singh jee was successful in doing Gurmat parchar online and was very instrumental in it. Namely the earlier days of forum usage, articles, talks and other content. We are fortunate to have access to his work and research. We are also fortunate to have known Bhai Sahib on any level that we did. Bhai Sahib had much more to give to us as a Panth and Jathebandi, and many projects Bhai Sahib had been working on and planned to work on in the future now lay in the hands of his close companions.

There are many stories and memorable events to write about but for now, this is all I can do.

May Akaal Purakh jee bless us all to accept His sweet will and bless Gurmat Bibek sevadars in fulfilling Bhai Sahib’s legacy through on-going Gurmat parchar.

Jatinderpal Singh
I made friends with a Saint

My introduction to Sikhi

It was the year 2010, a youth vibrant with energy just starting my first year in University. I would spend my days contemplating my financial future, what I needed to do to become “successful.” Success I thought would be determined by how I was doing monetarily. I had no idea my life was about to change in a way I could never imagine possible. I was heading towards the path of success, but not in a much better way than I had imagined.

As the year went on, I felt as if a certain energy was pulling me towards Sikhi, I became interested in ways I had never been before. I would spend hours reading Sikh literature and watching Sikhi related YouTube videos. In due time I came upon the Book “Jail Chittian” by Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh. I wasn’t much of a reader, but I remember spending a whole day reading Bhai Sahibs life biography. I was stuck to the book like iron to a magnet, each page drew me closer and closer to Akal Purkh. It was reading this book that brought me to the ultimate Path, I was now convinced to take Amrit.

Before I took that step, I would read whatever articles I could find online. I searched online for topics that interested me, Dasam Duar, Sarbloh, Sikh History. For some of the more spiritual and advanced topics not much was found but I would always come upon at least one article. A pattern started to form from each article I read, each writing would end as the same “Daas, Kulbir Singh.” I had a little idea of who Bhai Sahib was from interacting with other Gursikhs but not to any great extent. The articles written by Bhai Sahib were the most thought-out, well-organized and awe inspiring. I wanted to read more and more.

I would continue my journey on this path, before actually taking Amrit I spent months looking for the proper guidance, the proper sangat to help me take my Sikhi to the next level. To no avail. It had seemed like everywhere I went, there was no one who had the same goals as I did. I went Gurduwara to Gurduwara looking for the right Sangat, even just programs I could attend on a daily basis, but I couldn’t find what I was looking for. I didn’t give up though, because I knew if I wanted to progress spiritually, I would need Sangat to help me do it. This became my priority Ardas, “Guru Sahib, bless with the sangat of Gurmukhs!.” Like a child crying out to his mother for the newest toy at the store, I pleaded to Guru Sahib every day. Help help! I was like the lone survivor of a deadly plane crash, trapped on a deserted island, my SOS had been detected on Guru Nanak Dev Jis radar and help was now being sent my way.

Meeting with Bhai Sahib Kulbir Singh Ji

By some miracle, yes a great miracle! A special angelic thought came to my mind. I thought to myself, the most logical yet incredible thing, I should message this great Gurmukh, whose writings had inspired me so much. Maybe this Blessed Soul could save my life and guide me to the right path. I messaged Bhai Sahib personally on the Gurmat Bibek forum and asked if to meet in person. He was delighted and told me to come to his house. This is when our first interaction occurred. Blessed Blessed! Blessed was I! The True Guru had blessed this lowly beggar with the one in a million opportunity of a lifetime, no no , a one in a billion opportunity of many lifetimes! Now to just not screw it up.

I still remember the day, I sat with Bhai Sahib and we discussed different Gurmat related topics. Bhai Sahibs wife, who we in our sangat lovingly refer to as “Mata Ji” had prepared Pizza which we ate while conversing. I had already eaten a full meal before coming but that didn’t stop me from taking the lion’s share of the pizza (a precursor to what was still to come). Bhai Sahibs special personality drew me towards him. It was as if some form of hypnotism was being performed on me. This great Hypnotist had a way of making complex topics seem so simple, every point was well thought and organized and was backed by a hidden spiritual authority that was mesmerizing. His Bachans (utterances) went straight from my ears and directly to my soul. Finally our discussion came to an end. The answers were satisfying, but I still had so much more to discuss. I told Bhai Sahib I would come again to any programs or just to discuss Gurmat related topics. I left Bhai Sahibs house, and at the time I had not realized it, but my great fortune, for whatever reason, by the ultimate blessings of Guru Sahib my reason for existence and my ticket out of this terrifying, Maya filled world had just been booked, first class! I made friends with a Saint, but I didn’t even know it. The next 12 years of life would be filled with great experiences.

To be continued…
Jatinderpal Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> Bhai Sahib’s qalam was his strongest attribute.
> It can’t be argued. He had knowledge of every
> subject anyone could bring up. There wasn’t
> anything, or anyone he could not converse on or
> with. Whether it was academic, religious,
> spiritual, philosophy, languages, tales, even
> earlier songs he had heard as a child; Bhai Sahib
> could literally talk to anyone about anything.
> This was one of Bhai Sahib’s many qualities
> which made him accessible and likeable to all who
> ever met him. Bhai Sahib was also very friendly,
> caring, fair, understanding, and very charismatic.
> All of these qualities set him aside from others
> around him. At first, his tall and strong stature
> would be intimidating, but his kind, happy nature
> would ease you instantly.

So true, that is why he drew people to him like a magnet. Anywhere he went he was the centre of attention, he could discuss any topic and connected them in such interesting ways. If you did something good, or bad, he would give praise or scold you and give comparisons to the most random things. "You just sang that shabad like..." comparing to some old Hindi songs, "You just made a mistake like..." some tale of the Buddha. Stories from the Bible, World history, everything.
>
ਸੱਜਣਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਬਹਾਰਾਂ

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh

I never met Bhai Kulbir Singh ji in person atleast in this lifetime, but the impact he continues to have on millions like myself doesn't need any detail.

Around 18 years ago when Guru Sahib had blessed me with Sikhi saroop, some friends of mine put up my picture in dastaar on another Sikh portal. Somehow Bhai Kulbir Singh ji (who I didn't know back then) found out and posted on that forum showering his love and good wishes on me. This was the first communication we had, and the first motivation for me. Much later I found out that it was his sole post on that forum for a random nobody like myself just to motivate and inspire me into Sikhi.

Later that summer I learned a lot via online forums from Bhai Sahib and several other Gursikhs. Time flew at its pace. No one will forget how Bhai Sahib debated with Inder Ghagga in October 2006. That was the first time the world saw and heard Bhai Sahib's roar.

Towards the end of 2009 the Gurmat Bibek discussion forum started. Gursikh youth was blessed with more veechar, more cyber Sangat of Bandagi vaale Gursikhs. Besides much needed Gurmat Veechaara the youth had regular poetry sessions as well which were a lot of fun and enhanced our skills. In a matter of time a long-distance long-lost Khalsa family was created in cyberspace.

Bhai Sahib founded the Gurmat Bibek Vidyala in late 2013. It was roughly around that time when we finally exchanged phone calls. Bhai Sahib was always so overflowing with love, compassion and humility that at times I would feel surprised that they had so much love and respect even for people who perhaps didn't deserve it, starting with myself. Infact, at one point I ended up asking him why he has so much piar-satkar for me as I am miles behind him in Gursikhi jeevan. His joyful response was ਸੱਜਣਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਹੀ ਬਹਾਰਾਂ ਹੁੰਦੀਆਂ!

Finally in January 2017 the world was blessed with the Gurmat Bibek Youtube channel. Several Gursikh Piaare did immense seva in guiding and assisting millions of seekers on their spiritual quest. Truth be told, and I say this without any intent to flatter, but all (not almost all but indeed all) videos are not just life-changing but life-saving. Over 95% of the videos would instantly astonish me as they would carry a response to some question I had been harboring in mind. In addition to that, anytime I had a Gurmat related question, I would seek Bhai Sahib's Gurmukh advise. Its now a combination of both a huge personal and spiritual loss not to have an elder brother to go to in times of doubt.

I was in regular touch with Bhai Sahib via Whatsapp until some time before they were hospitalized. On a few occasions we had a good laugh, but otherwise all exchanges were brief and Gurmat related. They were among the few rare Gursikhs who inspite of adhering to such high, pure and Puratan Maryada didn't have the least bit of arrogance in them. They were firm in their Rehit yet soft in their heart. They were strict in their commitment to Sikhi yet miles away from hateful fanaticism. They were outspoken against the enemies of the Panth but nowhere close to doing anyone's slander (Nindya).

Even after watching Bhai Sahib's saskaar last month, for some reason I refuse to believe that they have gone. Such angelic souls personify so many panktiya from Gurbani that I find it hard to believe that death could ever get near their shadow.

Bhai Kulbir Singh ji will forever stay alive in our lives through their writings, videos, and the several videos they inspired. He helped me and many others in more ways than perhaps even he realized, perhaps way more than we could ever put in words, because it was so subtle and indirect, so spiritually mystical and yet so concealed.

I could write a lot more, but it won't mean anything before the experiences of those blessed Gurmukh Piaare who had the vadbhaag of actually meeting Bhai Sahib in person and doing their Sangat even if it was just once, even if for a few minutes. This fact might always sting me that I couldn't meet them in person even once, but I guess thats Hukam too.

May Guru Sahib have mercy on us that we could be a fractional percentage of their jeevan in our lifetime.

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh

Mehtab Singh
My Early Experience with Bhai Sahib

The first time I met Bhai Sahib, I was around 19 years old. I had only ever read his posts on the forum until that point. When I met him for the first time, he was very different from what I had imagined. For one, he was still very young, which struck me because I had imagined someone much older. Besides that, I could sense his uniqueness immediately. He had a voice that somehow reminded me of Sarbloh; his beard was streaked with gold; he had an aura about him that was magnetic. I didn't know it at the time, but that meeting would change my life forever. I don't remember if I realized it then, but eventually, I figured out that I had come into the Sant Mandali that I had been so craving, and my heart would now never let me leave.

After that point, I found myself desperate to continue to have Darshan and Sangat of him and his family, which due to my circumstances was not often possible. Very soon though, Bhai Sahib was inspired to commence Gurmat Smagams with his close Gursikh companions at home, where I would sometimes attend. Slowly, these Smagams expanded into more homes. The vibes at these Smagams were unlike anything I had experienced before, and it was everything I had been searching for. I had fallen upon the blessed Sangat of Gurmukh Bhagats who had realized their highest purpose in life and were singularly focused on that goal. The Kirtan Mandali would be filled with true Atmic Bairaag and Pyaar at a level I had never experienced anywhere else. And Bhai Sahib was the glowing light in the middle of it all.

After Kirtans, Bhai Sahib would speak collectively to all Singhs, and I would be captivated. Everyone was. Like a magnet, he drew everyone to him, and Sangat rapidly started to increase at each of the Smagams. He had a natural command of authority, and that, combined with his incredibly vast knowledge of Gurbani and Gurmat, pulled everyone into his snare. I have never met another person who was so deeply loved and by so many people. He was the embodiment of "Jo Har Ka Pyara So Sabhna Ka Pyara".

Bhai Sahib's departure to Sach Khand is really just his departure from a bad dream, into a beautiful life. It's only a matter of time before we will depart here, too. But where we will go, is something we have to decide now. Bhai Sahib has left us with so much knowledge on how to achieve Mukti; the guidance he has imparted on us is going to be here forever - I don't doubt that Vaheguru Ji always intended for him to be an eternal legacy. So for those who understand who Bhai Sahib really was and is, it is not too late to latch on to his hem. True Gurmukhs live forever.
Bhai Sahib's Seva

There's a lot to be said about so many aspects of Bhai Sahib's life - his Bhagti, his knowledge of Gurbani, his Gurmat attributes, etc. - but one thing that is hardly ever brought to light is the Seva he did of Gursikhs throughout his entire life. I'm sure older Gursikhs can attest to Seva that he's done from his younger days as well, but I will talk about what I have personally witnessed over the past ten+ years that I've known him.

One of Bhai Sahib's greatest attributes was how he had completely sacrificed his own personal privacy and personal family life in order to welcome Sangat into his home. Throughout the years, he opened his home so freely to Gursikhs, it is astounding. Over and over again, he allowed Gursikhs to stay in his home for years without ever asking for rent or anything in return. He provided them with a roof, food, facilities, and love. He was like an adoptive father to so many people! It was his nature to take people in and take them under his care. He had an extremely soft and loving heart. He could be very stern too, and he could shred a person to bits if he really wanted to - but his heart was so easily meltable. It was just a deep ocean. So many of us thought of him as our father. For so many years, Singhs would pour into his home every single day during Amritvela and overtake the entire house for hours and hours, sometimes into the night. I have never seen anyone open up their home to Sangat in this way, nor do I know anyone who would be so willing to do this. Bhai Sahib's family fed food and degh to Singhs daily for so many years, and not once did Bhai Sahib think about what kind of financial restraint that could put on them. He always told us that if you feed Singhs with a khula dill, then Guru Sahib would always provide for you, and he believed this firmly.

From morning until night, Bhai Sahib dealt with people's problems. Everyone came to him with their issues, and he had to make time for everyone. He was totally underappreciated for this. He was always thinking about other people, and how he could help them. From quietly helping poor Sikhs in India, to giving people therapy, to doing Paath for helping people through their dukh - Bhai Sahib did it all. It would take most of us lifetimes to do the amount of Seva he did for people in just one lifetime. He did it uncomplainingly, even though he was never even given any recognition for everything he had done for people.
Meeting Bhai Saahib

Before meeting Bhai Saahib in the year of 2011, I have been following his posts and articles on multiples sites and forums. I was in 11th grade back in 2005, when I first started getting interested in Sikhi. I resided in New York at the time, and never had the sangat I was craving for. Even without ever meeting Bhai Saahib, I always looked forward to his posts or replies, because for some reason I knew whatever Bhai Saahib wrote was the truth. But I never in my wildest dreams ever thought that I would once be fortunate enough to actually be able to do everyday Amritvela sangat with him, let alone ever meet him. But Guru Saahib always has a way.

After deciding to keep Bana Rehit full time in 2011, I also wanted to keep Sarbloh Bibek. I was trying to the best of my ability but needed help.I took the courage one time and messaged Bhai Saahib asking about Bibek, and how to best keep it. Bhai Saahibs reply was that the best way to learn about Bibek and Rehit was to see how others keep it, and then he invited me over for to Toronto. Now I got very excited. I told my parents I had to go to Toronto and get pesh. Thankfully they allowed me.

My expectation of Bhai Saahib was like every other person. When I met Bhai Saahib I could see authority, but at the same time I saw a person filled with humility, laughter, and joy. I was very hesitant to talk to him, but he started the conversation and it just all felt like I have come to where I belonged. How often is it that someone of such high position takes the time out to help those much lower, who are in need. This is exactly the person Bhai Sahib was, it didn't matter someones age, status, relationship etc. he saw the potential in everyone who would show interest in Sikhi.

After the meeting I had to go back to New York, living alone with my family who weren't that knowledgeable about Rehit. Bhai Sahib would answer all my emails, and I was able to explain things to family members in the most efficient way. One main point I can remember was he said to never fight with anyone and always keep Nimrata (humbleness) when explaining. Taking help from a Mahapurkh of Bhai Sahibs status gave my family the understanding that they needed and things at home became peaceful.

Fast forward to 2014, I got married in the Jatha, and was able to do sangat with him everyday, along with all the other wonderful Sarblohi Singhs of Toronto. The next few years allowed for many experiences which i will share in the next few days...
Finding True Sangat

At that point in time in life I had been trying so long to keep a strict Amritvela. Some days would be good, but others I would completely miss waking up. In September of 2010, Bhai Sahib gave me the ultimate gift, allowing me to attend Amritvela at His house. It was only Bhai Sahib and family, and a few outside Singhs. Our morning schedule was basically Naam Abhyiaas from 3-440am, followed by a short Keertan and Ardaas with Degh. It was this strict regimen that we would follow forever, and even till today without fail with Guru Sahib Jis Kirpa.

At the beginning I was still struggling waking up consistently, however without even saying anything to me, Bhai Sahibs sheer presence was enough to scare me into waking up every day. Even though he would never say anything to me, the sheer fact that Bhai Sahib was doing so much would have me questioning what my commitment level was. Just like Gurbani says about the Sandalwood tree,

ਜਿਉ ਚੰਦਨ ਸੰਗਿ ਬਸੈ ਨਿੰਮੁ ਬਿਰਖਾ ਗੁਨ ਚੰਦਨ ਕੇ ਬਸਖੇ ॥

Eventually my absent days went from a few days a week, to a few times a month, then to 0. This is what the Sangat of Mahapurkh does, their actions alone change lives, words did not have to be exchanged. It wouldn't be until a few months of Sangat, where Bhai Sahib would start acting with more authority with me, telling me when I was wrong, but the first few months passed without Bhai Sahib having to say anything to me. He was such a master of "Neeti" that he knew how to act with any given person in any situation.

Bhai Sahib stressed that these 4 things pertaining to Sangat that were important in order to achieve Mukti
1) Sangati Naam Simran
This is the key to success in a Gursikhs life, and without it meeting Vaheguru is impossible. Naam Simran is difficult to do by one’s self. Bhai Sahib would stress everyone in Sangat to follow the same pattern when doing Simran, making that everyone was in the same tone and speed. In later years Bhai Sahib would sometimes stop Naam Abhyaas to inform us of some mystical thoughts he would be having pertaining from everything to the meanings of Gurbani that had popped in his mind, to what our mission should be for the Panth going forward.

2) Sangati Keertan
The bliss of Keertan can truly be felt when in the company of Gurmukhs. Bhai Sahib encouraged everyone to sit through the whole Keertan and sing every Pangti of Gurbani loudly and clearly, and would get upset at me if I stayed quite.

3) Sangati Ardaas
Doing Ardaas with other Gursikhs gave the Ardaas so much more power where Guru Sahib is much more willing to grant his blessings. The main thing Bhai Sahib said to ask for in Ardaas was Darshan of Vaheguru.

4) Degh
Degh was a fuel for the body and spirit that aided in Bhagti. Bhai Sahib eats his Degh very slowly, as to savour the sweet taste from it as much as possible.

5) Conversing with Gursikhs
Finally, just as important as doing Bhagti was conversing with Gursikhs about anything whether Gurmat or trivial matters. Not a day went by where we didn’t converse with each other, and if time allowed it, sometimes for hours on end. Bhai Sahib was always the centre of the conversation and he is always in the most jolly mood. He often said that he enjoys the company of younger people because he himself was very child-like. He would laugh hysterically at the simplest things. He told me that when I grew older, if I became too mature then he would just start doing Sangat of my children instead. His knowledge was so vast, topics could range from current world politics, world history to the deepest Gurmat philosophies. Even if not directly, within these conversations were hidden Gems of Gurmat. After about a year or so from doing Sangat, I started reading Bhai Randhir Singh Jis book “Gurmat Bibek” and while reading it for the first time, it felt as if I had read the book already. I then realized that from just conversing with Bhai Sahib for over a year, all Gurmat principles had been covered and explained to me. I was reminded of the following Salok of Bhagat Kabeer Ji.

ਕਬੀਰ ਏਕ ਘੜੀ ਆਧੀ ਘਰੀ ਆਧੀ ਹੂੰ ਤੇ ਆਧ ॥
ਭਗਤਨ ਸੇਤੀ ਗੋਸਟੇ ਜੋ ਕੀਨੇ ਸੋ ਲਾਭ ॥

Bhai Sahib would always be in the happiest of moods as to create such a spectacular environment that each and everyone close to him imitates to this day. Even when in extreme pain, He would not reveal his suffering to anyone as to keep everyone in Chardi Kala,
as per the Gurbani Pankti

ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਗਿਆਨੀ ਪਰਉਪਕਾਰ ਉਮਾਹਾ ॥

This was his duty as a Blessed Gurmukh. Those who have done Sangat with him, and received his love, need not to worry, His benevolent spirit will always rain upon them in this world and the hereafter.
Bhai Sahib's Beautiful Mind

One thing that's always stood out to me about Bhai Sahib is his incredible mind. Bhai Sahib has always had the BEST ideas. Sometimes I would be so astonished by the things he would think up. He was always thinking about Panthic affairs, and he had conjured up huge plans that seriously would have changed the world. Holy moly. He knew it too. Only a few months before he went to the hospital, he had been telling Singh Sahib that if he made it another year (meaning if Guru Sahib would let him stay on this earth for another year) that he would change the whole face of the Panth. He knew, in his heart, that Akal Purakh was calling out to him, but at the same time he wished he could continue Seva of the Panth. His ideas of how to revolutionize the Panth and the world were absolutely brilliant and showed how much he cared about humanity.

Besides that, Bhai Sahib had a mind for Gurbani Vichaar which, respectfully, I don't think any other Parcharik out there has anything close to. While sitting in Kirtan, new and never-before-written Gurbani Arths would start hitting him like pellets. He used to describe these as "angel thoughts". He told us that sometimes thoughts come into your mind that are not your own, and that when divinely inspired ideas come to you, you will know. He used to have these angel thoughts all the time, and often shared them with us.

Bhai Sahib was an absolute genius. He had so much knowledge, both knowledge acquired from reading (he read so many books in his lifetime from different languages, from all of the different religions - he knew everything about EVERYTHING) and studying outside sources, but also knowledge which came from within him from doing Bhagti. He was a golden khazana of Gurmat wisdom and Giyaan.
Waheguru ji ka Khalsa ,Waheguru ji ki fateh ji,

Bhai Kulvir Singh Ji Was A Great Person.
As a Student I Spent almost 6 years at Gurmat Bibek Vidyala, I learned lot's of
Things from them. Even if they are not in this world, but still they are in our hearts, and will always lead us. It is a very big loss for the Sikh Panth. May God bless Bhai Kulvir Singh Ji, In Sachkand. May God always Gift us, with people like Bhai Kulvir Singh Ji.
ਆਪਿ ਜਪਹੁ ਅਵਰਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਾਵਹੁ ॥

ਭਾਈ ਕੁਲਬੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਇਕ ਐਸੇ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਸਨ ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਦਾ ਜੀਵਨ ਲਿਖਦੇ ਕਈ ਮਹੀਨੇ ਬੀਤ ਸਕਦੇ ਹਨ, ਤੇ ਫੇਰ ਵੀ ਸ਼ਾਇਦ ਉਸ ਸਖਸ਼ੀਅਤ ਬਾਰੇ ਪੂਰਾ ਬਿਆਨ ਨਾ ਜਾ ਸਕੇ || ਦਾਸ ਨੂੰ ਇਸ ਵੀਰ ਨਾਲ 16 ਕੁ ਸਾਲ ਬਿਤਾਉਣ ਦਾ ਮੌਕਾ ਮਿਲਿਆ || ਏਨਾ 16 ਸਾਲਾਂ ਦੇ ਵਿਚ ਓਨਾ ਨਾਲ ਬੀਤਿਆ 1-1 ਪਲ ਆਪਣੇ ਆਪ ਵਿਚ ਇਕ ਅਫਸਾਨਾ ਹੈ ਜੋ ਕਿ ਸੁਕੀਆਂ ਅੱਖਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਨਹੀਂ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਕਿਓੰਕੇ ਇਹ ਹੁਣ ਸਿਰਫ ਇਹ ਖਜਾਨਾ ਯਾਦਾਂ ਬਣ ਕੇ ਰਹਿ ਜਾਏਗਾ || ਇਹ ਮਨਣਾ ਮੁਸ਼ਕਿਲ ਹੈ ਕੇ ਜਿਸ ਤੋਂ ਬਿਨਾ ਇਕ ਕਦਮ ਪੁੱਟਣਾ ਮੁਸ਼ਕਿਲ ਸੀ ਉਸ ਤੋਂ ਬਿਨਾ ਜਿੰਦਗੀ ਬਿਤਾਉਣੀ ਪਵੇਗੀ || ਪਹਿਲੀ ਵਾਰ ਦਾਸ ਨੂੰ ਵੀਰਜੀ ਇਕ ਫ਼ਿਲਮੀ ਅੰਦਾਜ ਵਿਚ ਮਿਲੇ ਤੇ ਫੇਰ ਬਾਂਕੀ ਦੇ 16 ਸਾਲ ਤਾਂ ਇਸ ਫਿਲਮ ਦੀ ਕਹਾਣੀ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਦਾ ਅੰਤ 15 ਦਸੰਬਰ ਨੂੰ ਹੋ ਗਿਆ || ਪਰ ਇਹ ਸੋਲਾਂ ਸਾਲ ਜਿੰਦਗੀ ਨੂੰ ਏਨਾ ਬਦਲ ਗਏ ਜੋ ਬੇ-ਮਿਸਾਲ ਹੈ ||

20 September 2005 ਸਵੇਰੇ 8.50 ਕੁ ਵਜੇ , ਟਾਰਾਂਟੋ ਰੇਲਵੇ ਸਟੇਸ਼ਨ ਤੋਂ ਉਤਰ ਕੇ ਦਾਸ ਜਲਦੀ ਜਲਦੀ ਵਿਚ ਆਫ਼ਿਸ ਵਲ ਤੁੱਰ ਰਿਹਾ ਸੀ || ਥੋੜੀ ਥੋੜੀ ਬਾਰਿਸ਼ ਹੋ ਰਹੀ ਸੀ ਇਸ ਕਰਕੇ ਦਾਸ ਦੇ ਹੱਥ ਵਿਚ ਛਤ੍ਰੀ ਸੀ || ਕੁਜ ਸੋਚਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਡੁਬਿਆ ਦਾਸ ਤੁਰਿਆ ਜਾ ਰਿਹਾ ਸੀ ਕੇ ਪਿੱਛੋਂ ਅਵਾਜ ਆਈ - ਸਿੰਘਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਕੀ ਲੋੜ ਪੈ ਗਈ ਛਤ੍ਰੀ ਦੀ ?

ਇਹ ਸੁਣ ਕੇ ਜਦ ਦਾਸ ਨੇ ਪਿਛੇ ਮੁੜ ਕੇ ਦੇਖਿਆ ਉਹ ਐਸਾ ਨਜਾਰਾ ਸੀ ਜੋ ਹਮੇਸ਼ਾ ਹੀ ਦਾਸ ਦੀਆਂ ਯਾਦਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਅੱਲਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਕਦੇ ਭੁਲਣਾ ਵੀ ਮੁਸ਼ਕਿਲ ਹੈ || ਮੈਂ ਕੀ ਦੇਖਦਾ ਹਾਂ ਕਿ 2 ਕਦਮ ਦੀ ਦੂਰੀ ਤੇ ਇਕ 6 ਫੁਟ ਤੋਂ ਉਚਾ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੋ ਕੇ ਨੀਲੇ ਬਾਣੇ ਵਿਚ ਸਜਿਆ ਹੋਇਆ ਹੈ , ਗਲ ਵਿਚ ਚਿੱਟਾ ਹਜੂਰੀਆ ਪਾਇਆ ਹੋਇਆ ਹੈ || ਹੁਣ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਯਕੀਨ ਹੋ ਗਿਆ ਕੇ ਓਹਨਾ ਨੇ ਇਹ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਹੀ ਕਿਹਾ ਹੈ ||ਇਓਂ ਲਗਿਆ ਕੇ ਜਿਵੇਂ ਮੈਂ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਏਨਾ ਨੂੰ ਜਾਣਦਾ ਹਾਂ|| ਏਦਾਂ ਮਹਿਸੂਸ ਹੋਇਆ ਜਿਵੇਂ ਸਾਰਾ ਟਾਰਾਂਟੋ ਘੁੰਮਣ ਲਗ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ || ਓਥੇ ਗੱਲਾਂ ਕਰਦੇ ਕਰਦੇ ਸਾਨੂੰ 2 ਘੰਟੇ ਲੰਘ ਗਏ || ਓਥੋਂ ਤੁਰਨਾ ਮੁਸ਼ਕਿਲ ਹੋ ਗਿਆ || ਦਾਸ ਨੂੰ ਅਜੇ ਕੈਨੇਡਾ ਆਏ ਨੂੰ ਥੋੜਾ ਹੀਸਮਾਂ ਹੋਇਆ ਸੀ ਤੇ ਹੁਣ ਤਕ ਸਭ ਓਪਰਾ ਓਪਰਾ ਮਹਿਸੂਸ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਸੀ || ਚਲੋ ਓਥੇ ਜੋ ਵੀ ਗੱਲਾਂ ਹੋਈਆਂ ਓਹਨਾ ਦਾ ਅਸਰ ਏਨਾ ਡੂੰਗਾ ਹੋ ਗਿਆ ਕੇ ਕੁਝ ਕਿ ਮਾਨੋ ਸਾਰਾ ਰੰਗ ਢੰਗ ਈ ਬਦਲ ਗਿਆ || ਜਦੋਂ ਓਨਾ ਨੇ ਦੱਸਿਆ ਕੇ ਉਹ ਸਾਹਮਣੇ ਦਿਸਦੀ ਬਿਲਡਿੰਗ ਵਿਚ ਸਰਕਾਰੀ ਨੌਕਰੀ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ ਤਾਂ ਹੋਰ ਵੀ ਅਸਚਰਜ ਹੋਇਆ ਕਿਓੰਕੇ ਇਸ ਕੱਪੜਿਆਂ ਦੀ ਦੌੜ ਵਿਚ ਬਾਣੇ ਵਿਚ ਸਿੰਘ ਮਿਲਣਾ ਮੇਰੇ ਲਈ ਕੌਤਕ ਤੋਂ ਘਟ ਨਹੀਂ ਸੀ || ਓਨਾ ਨੇ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਈ-ਮੇਲ ਦੇ ਦਿਤੀ || ਮੇਰਾ ਆਫ਼ਿਸ ਓਥੋਂ 5 ਕੂ ਮਿੰਟ ਦੀ ਦੂਰੀ ਤੇ ਸੀ|| ਦਾਸ ਅਧਮੋਇਆ ਜੇਹਾ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਤੁੱਰ ਪਿਆ || ਦਾਸ ਨੇ ਆਫ਼ਿਸ ਪਹੁੰਚ ਕੇ ਪਹਿਲਾ ਕੰਮ ਇਹ ਕੀਤਾ ਕੇ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨੂੰ ਈ-ਮੇਲ ਕਰ ਦਿਤੀ || ਓਹਨਾ ਦਾ ਜਵਾਬ ਵੀ ਵਾਪਿਸ 5 ਮਿੰਟ ਵਿਚ ਆ ਗਿਆ ਤੇ ਅਸੀਂ 2 ਕੁ ਵਜੇ ਓਥੇ ਮਿਲਣ ਦਾ ਸਮਾਂ ਮਿਥ ਲਿਆ || ਬੱਸ ਫਿਰ ਕੀ ਹੋਣਾ ਸੀ - ਮਾਨੋ ਕੇਵਲ 2 ਦਿਨਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਓਨਾ ਨੇ ਮੇਰਾ ਸਭ ਬਦਲ ਦਿੱਤਾ - ਖਾਣਾ ਪੀਣਾ , ਸਿੱਖੀ ਦੀ ਸਮਝ - ਜਿੰਦਗੀ ਦੇ ਸੁਪਨੇ - ਕੱਪੜਾ-ਲੀੜਾ || ਇਸ ਵੀਰ ਦਾ ਇਕ ਇਕ ਲਫ਼ਜ ਏਨਾ ਦਮਦਾਰ ਸੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਨ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਤੀਰਾਂ ਵਾਂਗ ਵਜਿਆ || ਜਿਥੇ ਵਜਦਾ ਸੀ ਬੱਸ ਏਨੀ ਡੂੰਗੀ ਸੱਟ ਮਾਰਦਾ ਸੀ ਕੇ ਮੈਂ ਕੇਵਲ ਇਕ ਸਰੋਤਾ ਬਣ ਕੇ ਸੁਣਦਾ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਸੀ || 2-3 ਦਿਨ ਦੇ ਵਿਚ ਹੀ ਜਿੰਦਗੀ ਦੇ ਟੀਚੇ ਬਦਲ ਗਏ, ਰਹਿਣਾ ਸਹਿਣਾ,ਸਿੱਖੀ ਦੀ ਪਰਿਭਾਸ਼ਾ ਬਦਲ ਗਈ || ਰਾਤ ਨੂੰ ਸਵੇਰ ਦੇ ਉਡੀਕ ਰਹਿੰਦੀ ਸੀ ਕੇ ਕਦੋਂ ਰੇਲਗੱਡੀ ਵਿਚ ਮਿਲਣਾ ਹੋਵੇਗਾ ਤੇ ਫੇਰ ਸ਼ਾਮ 4 ਵਜੇ ਦਾ ਇੰਤਜਾਰ ਕੇ ਕਦੋਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀਆਂ ਗੱਲਾਂ ਸੁਣਾਂਗੇ || 2-3 ਦਿਨ ਵਿਚ ਮਨ ਪਕਾ ਹੋ ਗਿਆ ਕੇ ਹੁਣ ਕੀ ਕਰਨਾ ਹੈ ||

ਦਾਸ ਆਉਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਦਿਨਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਜਰੂਰ ਕੁਝ ਐਸੇ ਵਾਕਿਆ ਸੰਗਤ ਨਾਲ ਸਾਂਝੇ ਕਰੇਗਾ ਜੋ ਯਕੀਨ ਹਰ ਇਕ ਦੀ ਜਿੰਦਗੀ ਵਿਚ ਨਿਖਾਰ ਲੈ ਕੇ ਆਉਣਗੇ || ਇਹ ਸਾਡੀ ਰੋਜਾਨਾ ਜਿੰਦਗੀ ਦੇ ਐਸੇ ਮਸਲੇ ਹਨ ਜੋ ਬੇ-ਲੋੜਾ ਹੀ ਸਾਨੂੰ ਤੰਗ ਤੇ ਪਰੇਸ਼ਾਨ ਕਰਦੇ ਹੈ , ਇਸ ਵੀਰ ਏਨਾ ਸੁਜਾਨ ਸੀ ਕੇ ਉਹ ਓਨਾ ਦੇ ਲਈ ਜਿੰਦਗੀ ਵਿਚ ਇਕ ਹੀ ਮਸਲਾ ਸੀ - ਗੁਰਸਿਖੀ ਦੀ ਕਮਾਈ , ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੇ ਦਰਸ਼ਨ , ਸੱਚਖੰਡ ਵਿਚ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੇ ਚਰਨਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਅਸਥਾਨ , ਤੇ ਇਸ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਵਿਚ ਰਹਿੰਦੇ ਹੋਏ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਦਾ ਪ੍ਰਚਾਰ ||
ਅਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲਾ

ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਸੰਗਤ ਕਰਿਦਆਂ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲੇ ਦੀ ਅਹਿਮੀਅਤ ਦਾ ਅਹਿਸਾਸ ਹੋਇਆ || ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਲਈ ਅਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲਾ ਬਾਂਕੀ ਰਹਿਤਾਂ ਦੇ ਨਾਲ ਨਾਲ ਇਕ ਬਹੁਤ ਜਰੂਰੀ ਰਹਿਤ ਸੀ || ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦਾ ਮਨਣਾ ਸੀ ਕਿ ਲੇਟ ਤੋਂ ਲੇਟ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਦੇ ਲਈ 2.30 ਵਜੇ ਉੱਠਣਾ ਜਰੂਰੀ ਹੈ || ਓਹਨਾ ਦਾ ਮਨਣਾ ਸੀ ਕੇ ਅਗਰ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਦਿਨ ਦੇ ਕੰਮਾਂ ਦੇ ਲਈ ਅਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲਾ ਗਵਾ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਇਹ ਬਹੁਤ ਹੀ ਘਾਟੇ ਦਾ ਸੌਦਾ ਹੈ || ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਨਾਲ ਓਹਨਾ ਨਾਲ ਅਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲਾ ਕਰਨ ਦਾ ਮੌਕਾ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਤੇ ਕਦੇ ਐਸਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੋਇਆ ਕਿ ਓਹਨਾ ਨੂੰ 2 ਵਜੇ ਤਕ ਤਿਆਰ ਬਰ ਤਿਆਰ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਨਾਮ ਨਾਲ ਨਾ ਜੁੜਿਆ ਦੇਖਿਆ ਹੋਵੇ || ਉਹ ਜਿਸ ਵੀ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਨੂੰ ਮਿਲਦੇ ਓਹਨਾ ਦਾ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਸਵਾਲ ਅਮ੍ਰਿਤੇਵਲਾ ਦਾ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਤੇ ਜ਼ੋਰ ਦੇ ਕੇ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲੇ ਦੀ ਕਮਾਈ ਲਈ ਸਲਾਹ ਦੇਂਦੇ || ਗੁਰਮਾਤਬਿਬੇਕ ਚੈਨਲ ਤੇ ਆਪਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਵਲੋਂ ਲਿਖੀਆਂ ਅਨੇਕਾਂ ਵੀਡਿਓਜ਼ ਵਿਚ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲੇ ਦੀ ਅਹਿਮੀਅਤ ਬਾਰੇ ਸੁਣਿਆ ਹੈ ||ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਸੰਗਤੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲੇ ਤੇ ਵੀ ਬਹੁਤ ਜ਼ੋਰ ਦੇਂਦੇ ਸੀ ਤੇ ਕਹਿੰਦੇ ਸੀ ਕਿ ਇਸ ਨਾਲ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਚੌਕੰਨਾ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਹੋਰ ਗੁਰਸਿਖਾਂ ਦਾ ਭੈ ਵੀ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ || ਕੁਝ ਕੁ ਜਰੂਰੀ ਸੇਵਾਵਾਂ ਜਿਵੇਂ ਦੇਗ਼ ਦੀ ਸੇਵਾ, ਪੰਜਾਂ ਦੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਆਦਿਕ ਲਈ 2.30 ਵਜੇ ਦਾ ਅਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲਾ ਅਤ-ਲਾਜਮੀ ਮੰਨਦੇ ਸਨ || ਬੱਚਿਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਵੀ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਹੀ ਪ੍ਰੇਰਨਾ ਦੇਂਦੇ ਸਨ ਕੇ ਇਸ ਸਮੇਂ ਵਿਚ ਢਿਲ ਠੀਕ ਨਹੀਂ ਅਤੇ ਓਹਨਾ ਨੂੰ ਵੀ ਬਿਨਾ ਦੇਰੀ ਇਸ ਰਹਿਤ ਵਿਚ ਪਰਪੱਕ ਹੋਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ ||

ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲੇ ਦਾ ਆਲਸ

ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲੇ ਵਿਚ ਆਲਸ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨੂੰ ਬਿਲਕੁਲ ਨਹੀਂ ਭਾਉਂਦਾ ਸੀ || ਕੁਝ ਸਾਲ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਜਦ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲੇ ਦੇ ਅਭਿਆਸ ਤੋਂ ਬਾਅਦ ਜਦ ਕੀਰਤਨ ਸ਼ੁਰੂ ਹੋਣ ਲਗਾ ਤਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨੇ ਮੇਰੇ ਕੋਲੋਂ ਪੁੱਛਿਆ - ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤੀ ਹੋ ਗਈ ?? ਮੈਨੂੰ ਕੁਝ ਸਮਝ ਨਾ ਲਗਾ || ਮੈਂ ਨਾਂਹ ਵਿਚ ਸਿਰ ਹਿਲਾ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਤੇ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਕਹਿਣ ਲਗੇ ਫੇਰ ਕੰਧ ਨਾਲ ਢੋਹ ਲਾ ਕੇ ਕਿਓਂ ਬੈਠੇ ਸੀ ਚੁੱਪ-ਚਾਪ || ਇਸ ਵੇਲੇ ਚੁੱਪ ਰਹਿਣਾ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਦੇ ਲਈ ਆਤਮ ਹਤਿਆ ਦੇ ਬਰਾਬਰ ਹੈ ||

ਅਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲਾ - ਦੁਨਿਆਵੀ ਕੰਮ-ਕਾਜ

ਇਕ ਦਿਨ ਦਾਸ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲੇ ਤੇ ਕਾਫੀ ਦੇਰੀ ਨਾਲ ਪੁੱਜਾ || ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨੇ ਪੁੱਛਿਆ ਕੇ ਦੇਰ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਹੋਈ ? ਦਾਸ ਨੇ ਜਵਾਬ ਦਿੱਤਾ - ਵੀਰਜੀ ਆਫ਼ਿਸ ਤੋਂ ਲੇਟ ਆਇਆ ਸੀ ਤੇ ਫੇਰ ਅੱਜ ਫੇਰ ਜਲਦੀ ਜਾਂ ਸੀ ਇਸ ਕਰਕੇ ਦੇਰੀ ਹੋਈ || ਅੱਗੋਂ ਬੋਲੇ - ਫੇਰ ਅਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲਾ ਹੀ ਕੱਟਣਾ ਸੀ ? ਇਹੀ ਇਕ ਵਾਧੂ ਚੀਜ ਹੈ ? ਜੇ ਏਦਾਂ ਦੀ ਗੱਲ ਸੀ ਤਾਂ ਆਫ਼ਿਸ ਤੋਂ ਛੁੱਟੀ ਕਰ ਲੈਣੀ ਚਾਹੀਦੀ ਹੈ ਜਾਂ ਓਥੇ ਲੇਟ ਚਲੇ ਜਾਓ || ਅਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲਾ ਵਿਚ ਢਿਲ ਬਹੁਤ ਘਾਟੇ ਦਾ ਸੌਦਾ ਹੈ || ਇਹ ਅਸੀਂ ਕਈ ਵਾਰ ਦੇਖਿਆ ਕੇ ਬਹੁਤ ਵਾਰ ਠੀਕ ਨਾ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹੋਏ ਵੀ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਅਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲਾ ਵਿਚ ਪਕੇ ਰਹਿੰਦੇ ਸੀ ਭਾਵੇਂ ਆਫ਼ਿਸ ਤੋਂ ਛੁੱਟੀ ਕਰ ਲੈਂਦੇ ਸੀ ||ਉਹ ਹੀ ਸਲਾਹ ਦੇਂਦੇ ਸਨ ਕੇ ਓਹੀ ਕੰਮ ਕਰਨਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਨਾਲ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲੇ ਵਿਚ ਢਿਲ ਨਾ ਆਵੇ ||

ਅਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲਾ - ਸਿਹਤ ਦੀ ਢਿਲ

ਆਮ ਦੇਖਣ ਵਿਚ ਆਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਕੇ ਥੋੜੀ ਬਹੁਤ ਸਰੀਰੀ ਢਿਲ ਦੀ ਕਾਰਨ ਆਪਾਂ ਅਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲਾ ਖਰਾਬ ਕਰ ਬੈਠਦੇ ਹਾਂ ਭਾਵੇਂ ਵਿਚ ਦਿਨ ਵਿਚ ਬਾਕੀ ਕੰਮ-ਕਾਜ ਓਦਾਂ ਹੀ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਾਂ , ਪਰ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਇਸਤੋਂ ਬਿਲਕੁਲ ਉਲਟ ਸਨ || ਏਨਾ ਸਾਲਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਉਹ 2-3 ਵਾਰ ਬਹੁਤ ਜਿਆਦਾ ਬਿਮਾਰ ਹੋ ਗਏ ਪਰ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਨਾ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੀ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਨ ਦੇ ਨਾਲ ਓਨਾ ਨੇ 2.30 ਵਜੇ ਦਾ ਅਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲਾ ਬਿਲਕੁਲ ਪਕਾ ਰੱਖਿਆ || ਡਾਕਟਰ ਦੇ ਮਨ ਕਰਨ ਤੇ ਵੀ ਉਹ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲੇ ਦੇ ਇਸ਼ਨਾਨ ਅਤੇ ਸੰਗਤ ਤੋਂ ਨਹੀਂ ਅਟਕੇ ||

ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲੇ ਤੇ ਦ੍ਰਿੜ ਨਿਸ਼ਠਾ ਦੇਖਦਿਆਂ ਬਹੁਤ ਗੁਰਸਿਖਾਂ ਦੇ ਜੀਵਨ ਬਦਲੇ || ਓਹਨਾ ਨਾਲ ਗੱਲ ਕਰਦਿਆਂ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲੇ ਦੀ ਪ੍ਰਪੱਕਤਾ ਦੀ ਲਈ ਐਸੇ ਬਾਣ ਵਜਦੇ ਸਨ ਕੇ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਬੈਠਾ ਬੈਠਾ ਹੀ ਸੋਚ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਸੀ ਕੇ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲੇ ਦੀ ਢਿਲ ਨਾਲ ਇਸ ਮਾਰਗ ਤੇ ਚਲਣਾ ਨਾ-ਮੁਮਕਿਨ ਹੈ || ਉਹ ਕਹਿੰਦੇ ਸਨ ਕੇ ਬਾਂਕੀ ਸਭ ਤਾਂ ਵਾਪਿਸ ਆ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ ਪਰ ਇਕ ਦਿਨ ਦਾ ਛਡਿਆ ਅਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲਾ ਵਾਪਿਸ ਨਹੀਂ ਆਉਣਾ ||

ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਨ ਸਾਨੂੰ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲੇ ਦੀ ਦਾਤ ਬਖਸ਼ਣ ||
There’s not much more I can add about bhai sahib as I didn’t know him nearly as well as most Sangat here but I think everyone felt they had a special relationship with him- it was just in his nature to make everyone feel valuable and special.

I really see how now he had embodied the notion of seeing gun in everyone. Many people, including myself at the top of this list, are really not great gursikhs and full of a tremendous amount of faults. No doubt Bhai sahib could also see these, and sometimes he would advise accordingly but he would always believe that we were capable of becoming top gursikhs. Through his piaar even great sinners would be inspired to keep strict rehat and change their lives. It really shows how the sangat of sandalwood rubs off on nearby plants and makes them fragrant too. People who would be known as the biggest dossers, who would spend all night in the langarhall, who would chase people of the opposite gender, who would not care about anyone but themselves through bhai sahibs sangat would start keeping the strictest bibek, have the best Amrit vela, keep the highest conduct out of everyone. This is not just empty words but I have personally seen many people change like this, and I’m sure you have too. Of course, after being away from bhai sahib sometimes some would get weak in rehit again but again this just shows and proves that it was through bhai sahib’s sangat that change happened. He would believe in them and their best attributes shone through while they were with him.

Bhai sahib wasn’t just a gurmukh, but from a worldly perspective I’ve never met anyone with so much authority who didn’t talk down to you. Bhai sahib would make you feel like you were so special and capable of great things. He would really bring out waheguru’s gun from inside you and you always left the conversation thinking how lovely he was but also feeling good and hopeful about yourself. You can’t do that unless you genuinely don’t see yourself as better than the other person. It comes out otherwise, people can detect it despite you saying all the right words. You don’t leave the conversation feeling so happy and hopeful. Considering bhai sahibs status, I think this is the biggest miracle of them all. How someone can remain so grounded, so down to earth, so ‘not condescending’ despite being adored and worshipped by people all over the world. I do feel this often affects the people at the top who are leading the sangat and in the limelight. It’s almost impossible for an iota of arrogance to not creep in, especially when everyone treats you with so much respect and high regard but bhai sahib somehow did it, and i really think that’s a miracle in itself.

Bhai sahib would even make people like me asking ridiculous basic questions in half baked Punjabi feel unashamed and welcome. He made me see that top Gurmukhs don’t have to be serious, or quiet. He showed me that being funny and generally nice and relaxed wasn’t a bad thing. You always felt good and light after being in his company.

Someone said it earlier but he really could talk about anything. I’m a dentist and I remember once we were talking about teeth and crowns. Again- who else would sit down and talk about that with you for an hour!? We were talking about the materials crowns can be made of and then he paused and thought… after a few seconds he said… if I were to get a crown I’d have it made of gold. I was laughing to myself all week about that…. Because that’s the exact same thing the top consultant said to me at the hospital I was studying at. Gold is the most biocompatible, inert, strongest material you can make a crown from. I have no idea how he knew that but I just told this silly story because it shows how he just knew everything and anything! And could talk and discuss any topic. To be honest when he started the sentence I was expecting him to say sarbloh haha

We all miss him a lot I hope to read other peoples stories here please post
Gurmukho

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
waheguru ji ki fateh

I did not know that this thread was there on gurmatbibek on Bhai sahib akal chalana . What a great gursikh bhai sahib has left mortal world. I was in touch with his well wishers since he took ill and was enquiring about him through my sources and friends.I was told that he was ventilator.

No doubt such great persons come rarely who have love for panth. I did not have much interaction with him except on forum or a few times when slanderers of Dasam Bani were active. I was touched by his sincerity and truthfulness when he raised a topic that Guru Gobind singh birthday actually is on poh sudi 7 as he is not getting vibrations on jan 5. There was discussion on this forum but he stuck to his stand. That was his greatness to speak truth come what may.

May waheguru bless his soul and i pray charhdi kala for his jatha who are doing a very good job.I posted on my timeline about bhai sahib and reproduce below.
This was my post on timeline about bhai sahib

t1021 JSp3anuary at 3or01728i4:u8519td ·
Shared with Public
Bhai kulbir singh a humble Gursikh with high intellect and great knowledge of gurmat and Sikh history. He left this mortal world DEcember 2021 at Toronto. He started gurmatbibek organization of gursikhs there for preaching sikh ideals.
He was one who had debate with missionary ghagha at Toronto and decimated him with knowledge of gurmat. He had no ego and was amenable to drawbacks as all of us as humans have.Best decision of him was his retraction from official position of akhand kirtani jatha on supporting purewal calendar.
He disclosed on discussion forums of gurmatbibek around 2013 that he was not getting vibrations of charhdi kala on Jan 5 fixed by purewal as gurpurab date for tenth master's birthday. As a participant on forum i had interaction in discussion there and i will post discussion link separately. That retraction proved to me that bhai sahib ji was a gem and said right without any fear.Not to compromise on something that is wrong is essence of Sikh teachings.
His untimely departure at 51 is a great loss for sikhi. Let us pray for his soul.
Gurmatbibek posted following video recently that i noticed that purewal calendar is dead wrong.
ਸ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਗੁਰਪੁਰਬ ਦੀਆਂ ਵਧਾਈਆਂ । ਪੋਹ ਸੁਦੀ ਸਪਤਮੀ । ਭਾਈ ਕੁਲਬੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਵਲੋਂ ਕਵਿਤਾ [www.facebook.com]
ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਮਾਇਆ ਤੋਂ ਹਮੇਸ਼ਾ ਨਿਰਲੇਪ ਰਹਿੰਦੇ ਸਨ || ਦਾਸ ਨੇ ਕਦੇ ਓਨਾ ਨੂੰ ਮਾਇਆ ਦੇ ਲਈ ਕੋਈ ਵਿਸ਼ੇਸ਼ ਹੰਬਲਾ ਮਾਰਦੇ ਨਾ ਵੇਖਿਆ, ਤੇ ਨਾ ਕਦੇ ਕਿਸੇ ਨੂੰ ਇਸ ਲਈ ਉਤਸਾਹਿਤ ਕਰਦੇ ਸੁਣਿਆ || ਓਹਨਾ ਦਾ ਮੰਨਣਾ ਸੀ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਨੂੰ ਗੁਜਾਰੇ ਜੋਗੀ ਹੀ ਮਾਇਆ ਦੇ ਲਈ ਸੋਚਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ ਇਸ ਤੋਂ ਵੱਧ ਜੀਵਨ ਖਰਾਬ ਕਰਨ ਦੇ ਬਰਾਬਰ ਹੈ || ਇਹੀ ਕਾਰਨ ਸੀ ਕੇ ਓਹਨਾ ਕੁਝ ਸਾਲ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਸਰਕਾਰੀ ਨੌਕਰੀ ਛੱਡ ਕੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਤੇ ਵਿਸ਼ਵਾਸ ਰੱਖ ਕੇ ਘਰ ਬੈਠ ਗਏ, ਅਤੇ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਦੇ ਪ੍ਰਚਾਰ ਵਿਚ ਜੁੜ ਗਏ || ਗੁਜਾਰੇ ਜੋਗੀ ਹੀ ਮਾਇਆ ਹੁੰਦੀਆਂ ਹੋਇਆਂ ਵੀ ਕਦੇ ਓਹਨਾ ਨੂੰ ਹੱਥ ਘੁੱਟਦੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਦੇਖਿਆ ||ਖਾਸ ਕਰਕੇ ਜਦ ਇੰਡੀਆ ਵਿਖੇ ਕਿਸੇ ਨੂੰ ਗ਼ਰੀਬੀ ਦੀ ਹਾਲਤ ਵਿਚ ਦੇਖਦੇ ਤਾਂ ਖੁਲੇ ਗਫੇ ਵੰਡਦੇ || ਜੋ ਵੀ ਲੋੜਵੰਦ ਪਰਿਵਾਰ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਓਹਨਾ ਦੀ ਖੁਲੀ ਮਦਦ ਕਰਦੇ ਸਨ || ਓਹਨਾ ਦੇ ਅਕਾਲ ਚਲਾਣਾ ਕਰਨ ਤੋਂ ਬਾਅਦ ਇੰਡੀਆ ਤੋਂ ਇਕ ਸਿੰਘ ਨੇ ਦਾਸ ਨੂੰ ਫੋਨ ਕਰਕੇ ਕਿਹਾ - ਹੁਣ ਸਾਡਾ ਘਰ ਕਿਥੋਂ ਬਣਨਾ ਹੈ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਤੇ ਚਲੇ ਗਏ || ਐਸੇ ਅਨੇਕਾਂ ਪਰਿਵਾਰ ਦੇ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਦੇ ਕਾਰਜ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਦਿਲ ਖੋਲ ਕੇ ਕੀਤੇ ||

ਅਕਾਲ ਚਲਾਣਾ ਕਰਨ ਤੋਂ ਕੁਝ ਕੂ ਮਹੀਨੇ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਹੀ ਦਾਸ ਨੂੰ ਪਤਾ ਲਗਾ ਕੇ ਓਹਨਾ ਨੇ ਕਿਸੇ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਦੀ ਮਦਦ ਕੀਤੀ ਹੈ ਕੈਨੇਡਾ ਵਿਚ || ਦਾਸ ਕਾਫੀ ਹੈਰਾਨ ਹੋਇਆ ਕੇ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਤੇ ਘਰ ਬੈੱਠੇ ਹਨ ਤੇ ਫੇਰ ਇਹ ਕਿਵੇਂ ?? ਜਦ ਦਾਸ ਨੇ ਪੁੱਛਿਆ ਤੇ ਕਹਿਣ ਲਗੇ ਕੇ ਮੈਂ ਕਰਜਾ ਲੈ ਕੇ ਦੇ ਦਿਤੇ ਕਿਓਂ ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਲੋੜ ਸੀ ਹਨ ਇਕ ਰਹਿਤਵਾਨ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਹਨ ਤੇ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਵੇਲੇ ਬਾਣੇ ਦੇ ਪਕੇ ਧਾਰਨੀ , ਇਸ ਕਰਕੇ ਐਸੇ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਨੂੰ ਅਗਰ ਲੋੜ ਪਵੇ ਤੇ ਆਪਣੇ ਭਾਗ ਉੱਚੇ ਸਮਝੋ ਕੇ ਤੋਹਾਨੂ ਸੇਵਾ ਦਾ ਮੌਕਾ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਹੈ || ਮਾਇਆ ਦੀ ਕਿਹੜੀ ਗੱਲ ਹੈ ਇਹ ਤੇ ਆਉਂਦੀ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਰਹਿੰਦੀ ਹੈ ||

ਕੁਝ ਕੁ ਸਾਲ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਹੀ ਦਾਸ ਉਤੇ ਵੀ ਐਸਾ ਮੌਕਾ ਬਣਿਆ ਕੇ ਮਾਇਆ ਦੀ ਕਾਫੀ ਲੋੜ ਸੀ || ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨੂੰ ਇਸ ਗੱਲ ਦਾ ਪਤਾ ਲਗਾ ਕੇ ਕਿਤਿਓਂ ਕੋਈ ਇੰਤਜਾਮ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੋਇਆ , ਮੈਨੂੰ ਬੁਲਾ ਕੇ ਕਹਿਣ ਲਗੇ ਕੇ ਜਿਆਦਾ ਮਾਯਸੂਸ ਹੋਣ ਦੀ ਲੋੜ ਨਹੀਂ ਮੇਰੇ ਘਰ ਉਪਰ ਬੈਂਕ ਤੋਂ ਲੈ ਲਵੋ ਇਹ ਕੁਝ ਸਮੇ ਦਾ ਹੀ ਹੇਰ-ਫੇਰ ਹੈ ,ਓਹਨਾ ਦਾ ਐਸਾ ਦਰਿਆ ਦਿਲ ਦੇਖ ਦਾਸ ਦੀਆਂ ਅੱਖਾਂ ਪਾਣੀ ਨਾਲ ਭਰ ਆਈਆਂ || ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਕਹਿੰਦੇ ਸਨ ਕੇ ਵੈਸੇ ਤਾਂ ਸਾਡੀ ਸਾਰੀ ਮਾਇਆ ਸਾਡੇ ਮਗਰੋਂ ਸਾਡੇ ਘਰ ਵਾਲਿਆਂ ਨੇ ਹੀਸਾਂਭ ਲੈਣੀ ਹੈ, ਪਰ ਜੋ ਮਾਇਆ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਜਿਓੰਦੇ ਹੋਏ ਗੁਰਸਿਖਾਂ ਦੇ /ਧਰਮ ਦੇ ਪ੍ਰਚਾਰ ਵਿਚ ਲਗਾ ਜਾਵੇ ਉਹ ਉਸਦੀ ਇਨਵੈਸਟਮੈਂਟ ਹੈ, ਜਿਸਦਾ ਲਾਭ ਉਸਨੋ ਅਗੇ ਵੀ ਅਵਸ਼ ਮਿਲੇਗਾ|| ਇਸਲਈ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਦੇ ਕੰਮਾਂ ਲਈ ਇਸਨੂੰ ਖੁਲੇ ਦਿਲ ਨਾਲ ਵਰਤਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ || ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਨੂੰ ਕੰਜੂਸ ਹੋਣਾ ਸੋਭਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਦੇਂਦਾਂ ||

ਕੋਈ ਵੀ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਦਾ ਕਾਰਜ ਕਰਨ ਸਮੇਂ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਕਦੇ ਮਾਇਆ ਦੇ ਪ੍ਰਬੰਧ ਬਾਰੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਸੋਚਦੇ ਸਨ || ਉਹ ਕਹਿੰਦੇ ਸਨ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਕਾਰਜ ਹੈ ਓਹਨਾ ਨੇ ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਕਰ ਲੈਣਾ ਹੈ || ਐਸੇ ਅਨੇਕਾਂ ਕਾਰਜ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਓਟ ਆਸਰਾ ਲੈ ਕੇ ਸ਼ੁਰੂ ਕੀਤੇ ਤੇ ਉਹ ਬਿਨਾ ਕਿਸੇ ਮਾਇਆ ਦੀ ਰੁਕਾਵਟ ਤੋਂ ਪੂਰੇ ਹੋਏ ||
ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਜਨਮੁ ਸਵਾਰਿ ਦਰਗਹ ਚਲਿਆ |

Bhai Kulbir Singh Ji’s powerful presence has changed the lives of countless Gurmukhs, and the impact he had on me is immeasurable. I have done sangat with Bhai Sahib from the very age of 2 or 3 years old, and I’m currently 17 years old. I knew this Gurmukh Pyara for 14-15 years and it would be impossible to determine the countless times he has put me on the right path. I will attempt to write about some of my personal experiences, his teachings that I am aware of, and more.

Naam Simran Is The Soul of Sikhi

I did not have a personal conversation regarding Naam with Bhai Sahib that I can recall, but I am aware of the Shakti (power) of Naam, which Bhai Sahib has expressed through videos & writings. I will attempt to summarize Bhai Sahib’s Vichaar (thoughts) on Naam. Bhai Sahib expressed the importance of Naam throughout his Gursikhi Jeevan, and how the power of Naam was itself used to create everything. In addition, everything stands due to the support of Naam. Sri Guru Arjun Dev Ji gives evidence of this in the 5th Pauri of the 16th Ashtpadhi of Siri Sukhmani Sahib. Bhai Sahib described Naam as an “Adrisht Shakti” (unseen power), which is present everywhere. Bhai Sahib expressed that the “Asthool Roop” (corporeal form) of Naam is known as “Gurmantar.” Gurmantar is a method of joining with the Naam all around us, Bhai Sahib explains. Bhai Sahib explained how when we chant Gurmantar, we are releasing Naam from inside us to the outside as well.

Quote by Bhai Sahib Regarding Naam Simran:

"For us, naam simran is the soul of sikhi, just like if there is no soul in a body, there is no significance of the body. For us, without the concept of naam simran, there is no sikhi."

Knowledge Is Power

Bhai Sahib was very fond of books, and this Daas was fortunate enough to be suggested two books, just a few months before Bhai Kulbir Singh Ji’s Akaal Chalana. Bhai Sahib did not just read Gurmat books, but had an ocean of knowledge of other topics as well. The two books Bhai Sahib suggested me to read may surprise some of you reading because they are both unrelated to Gurmat. However, these books changed the course of my life in such an impactful way, there isn’t enough I could do to thank Bhai Sahib. They are both available to buy on Amazon and are called, Autobiography of a Yogi and Rich Dad Poor Dad. The first book, Autobiography of a Yogi, exposed me to the path of spirituality in general. The second book, Rich Dad Poor Dad, involves Maya, so many of you might be wondering why Bhai Sahib would recommend such a book? I knew this book was about Maya, but I did not judge the recommendation of a Mahapurakh like Bhai Kulbir Singh, and read it without hesitation. I will not go too deep into the secrets this book has taught me and how it relates to Gurmat, because it will decrease the purpose of reading it. However, I do guarantee that if you read it carefully, everyone complaining about how they do not have time for meditating, will be able to find the Gupt (secret) to having a vast amount of time for Bhagti. In addition, I highly recommend reading Gurmat books especially written by Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji. Bhai Sahib himself says, “In those days, I had extreme thirst to read books of Bhai Sahib and any book I got my hands on, I used to leave only after finishing it, even if it involved staying awake all night.”

Importance of Sangat

“From books one can grasp the overall idea of Gurmat, but Gurmat in detail is learned only in the Sangat of Gurmukhs. This is why doing Sangat is indispensable as far as spiritual growth is concerned.” - Bhai Kulbir Singh

Personal Description of Bhai Kulbir Singh Ji

Bhai Sahib’s eyes were an ocean of endless Pyaar (love) and Daya (compassion). He treated everyone with respect no matter who they were and where they came from, which is a quality only a few Heeray (diamonds) have. Bhai Sahib’s smile was so sweet and powerful that it seemed like all Dukh (pain) & worries would run away just by the sight of Bhai Sahib’s smile. He must have been in so much pain during his final moments in this world, but how can Guru Sahib’s Laal feel pain when the Master of this Universe is by his side! Siri Guru Arjun Dev Ji gives evidence of this on Ang 749 of Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji:

ਜਿਸ ਕੇ ਸਿਰ ਊਪਰਿ ਤੂੰ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਸੋ ਦੁਖੁ ਕੈਸਾ ਪਾਵੈ ||

Darshan of Bhai Sahib On The Weekends

We used to have Asa Di Vaar Kirtans on Saturday & Sunday at Gurmat Bibek Vidyala. I can never forget the spot where Bhai Sahib used to sit, with his eyes full of so much Bairaag and his divine smile. Bhai Sahib used to sit through the whole kirtan, while most others would get up to stretch at least once or generally walk around. Kirtans have not been able to take place at Gurmat Bibek Vidyala for about two years now due to the pandemic, and once they do start, I will deeply miss Bhai Sahib’s physical presence. However, I am sure Bhai Sahib will watch the Smaagams taking place from Gurpuri and hopefully bless us with his presence once in a while, or whenever Sachepatshah grants him the grace to do so.

Bhai Sahib’s Relationship With Bhai Jagtar Singh Ji

I was quite young when Bhai Jagtar Singh Ji had done Akaal Chalana on September 7, 2010. I believe he knew me because my family did sangat with them, but I sadly have no memory of Bhai Jagtar Singh Ji at all. I was not aware of the relationship that Bhai Kulbir Singh had with Bhai Jagtar Singh, but I came across some writings by Bhai Kulbir Singh about Bhai Jagtar Singh and I was in awe when Bhai Kulbir Singh described how much Prem (love) they had for each other. Bhai Sahib even called Bhai Jagtar Singh Ji his Maa (mother) behind their back, which reflects the relationship these Gurmukhs had with one another. Bhai Kulbir Singh writes about Bhai Jagtar Singh Ji’s views on Naam:

“Naam Abhyaas at Amritvela is a must if one wants to rise in spirituality.”
“Naam Abhyaas done in Sangat is much more rewarding than doing it alone.”

Bhai Kulbir Singh Describes Bhai Jagtar Singh: “I don’t know how well to express the fact that no one in this world had a sweeter smile than Bhai Sahib. No other eyes in this world could shower as much love as Bhai Sahib’s eyes could. His eyes used to become like ocean. The colour of his eyes used to turn into the colour of water of ocean and they used to become deeper than ocean as well. What more to write. I wish, Vaheguru jee had blessed me with more vocabulary to express my thoughts in words.”

Personal Lesson Learnt: From these writings about Bhai Jagtar Singh, I realized the high importance of doing Sangat with Gurmukhs and that listening to the advice of other Gurmukhs is very beneficial, if one wants to reach high Avasthas (spiritual states). Such Gurmukhs have a vast amount of knowledge and one should seek the guidance from such Pyare, in order to get closer to Akalpurakh. Sometimes the advice of Gurmukhs of high Avasthas might not seem correct to us, but we often later realize how right they were all along.

Final Thoughts

Bhai Sahib Bhai Kulbir Singh will never be forgotten from my heart and the place he holds within it cannot be replaced either, even if he is no longer in my sight. Bhai Sahib was more than a Saint for me. He was like a Father, and losing him from this world has shaken me, but also awakened me. I realized our time in this world is very limited, so we must continue to do Bhagti and keep the goal of Mukti in our minds. I understand reaching Sachkhand seems difficult but it is definitely possible and in my opinion, we should always do ardas to Sachepatshah to do Kirpa on us so we may reach this destination instead of asking for worldly desires.

Even though Bhai Sahib may have left this world, he is very much alive. He is now truly alive in the place where he belongs, in the Charan Kamal of our Satguru. Our Gurmukh Pyara left victorious from this world, and we should all celebrate his victory by following in his footsteps. Guru Sahib Kirpa Karan! Till we meet again Bhai Sahib…

Daas,

Karman Singh
*A short autobiography of Bhai Kulbir Singh ji*

I was born in a typical Punjabi family. Some in my family subscribed to the Communist ideology and as thus did not believe in any religion. In our pind (village), Stalin’s picture used to hang on one of the walls. My hair were cut from my childhood and they used to say that when I grow up, I will wear a pagg automatically (they were right). It was hard for them to take care of my long hair so they cut my hair.

I was very fond of my grandmother, primarily because she used to tell me a baat (bedtime story) everyday. Some of the stories she told me were hilarious. I remember laughing so much that I used to lose breath. One of her most funny stories was the story of “Sonn-Chirree”. This story was absolutely hilarious. I used to ask her to narrate this story to me everyday. Then there were Kaan-Chiree (crow and bird) stories too and those were very interesting as well. She also used to narrate to me traditional Punjabi stories that all mothers told their sons like story of King Porous (who fought Alexander the great), Pooran Bhagat and Roop Basant.

Above all, my grandmother narrated to me stories of Guru Nanak Dev jee and Guru Gobind Singh jee, with great shardha. I developed great love for Guru Gobind Singh jee after hearing those great stories. She used to talk about how great a warrior he was and how skilled he was in fighting with bow and arrow. I developed a great bond for Guru Sahib.

As I grew up, in Ludhiana and studying in a Convent school there, my Sikhi pyaar got less and less. I was never taught anything about baani and did not know any baani at all. The schools in India are designed to make a person non believer in any religion. Sikhi was never discussed at school and none of the students I knew in school had any interest in Sikhi or any other dharam.

Recently I found my old diary (from Grade 5), and I found my list of my heroes in there and was shocked to see that Guru Gobind Singh jee was number 10th or so. My heroes were Subhash Chander Bose, Rana Partaap, Rana Saanga, Bhagat Singh, Udham Singh, Shiva jee Maratha, Mangal Paanday, etc. I even had Jawahar Lal Nehru as my hero and I can’t believe how badly we (the students in Punjab) were brainwashed into considering these above stated persons as our heroes. I am not saying that these persons are bad people. They are good people but to include Guru Gobind Singh jee in a list where I had these people as my heroes was totally wrong. But I did not know any better and when I talk to other school going kids in India, their ideology is exactly what mine used to be. They consider Gandhi as their father and Nehru as their chaacha. What a shame!

After my 10th grade I went to my pind to live for about 2 months. There I met a person, who was longing to meet Vaheguru. He was a Udaasi or a Nirmala and for the first time I heard the word “Naam” from him. He told me that if one gets up early morning, and does ishnaan, that in itself is a great punn (good deed). I started hanging out with him. I asked him how I can get naam and he told me that one has to find a mahapurakh who can give naam. After his sangat I started getting up at 2am but since I did not have naam or read baani, I used to go back to sleep after doing ishnaan, thinking that I had done a big punn. I continued for some time and then came back to my regular life style i.e. getting up at 10am in the morning.

Then when we moved to Canada, I lost all memories of Sikhi. I used to support the Sikh cause but religiously I had no idea. I did not have hair and considered hair and pagg as a superstition. I used to say that we should become modern and should have Sikhi in our hearts. I used to argue in the favour of meat and used to eat all kind of meat, including beef.

As I grew older, I started keeping beard. My father, though he was a clean shaven himself, stopped me from shaving. He told me to keep beard and not shave. As per his wishes I maintained small trimmed beard. Then I started hanging out with Mussalmaans from Pakistan. Since our ancestors had come from Pakistan, I had great curiosity to meet Pakistanis. They became my best friends and in their sangat, one day I shaved my beard also. My father got very upset and I answered saying that why was he stopping me from shaving when he himself shaved his beard. He did not say anything to me after that.

One day I saw an article in Chardi Kala newspaper, which was written by Mahapurakh Baba Gurbachan Singh jee Bhindranwaale. In that article Baba jee spoke about narak and swarag. He wrote that ones who smoke tobacoco have to eat dog waste (excretion) in hell and ones who drink sharaab have to eat dog’s pishaab. I was pretty shocked to read that. I liked his writing and bought one of the books of Taksal and read it with great interest.

The book of Sant jee had effect on my for some time but then I went back to my old ways. I did the worse one day. I was with my friends at Eaton Centre, Toronto, that we all decided to pierce our ears. I hesitated for a bit but then agreed. I had earrings in my ears. I received mixed reaction from my friends and relatives. One of my relatives told me that I had become a kanjar. I told him that I was only following the latest fashion and did not see anything wrong in wearing an earring. Anyway, they gave up on me.

When I was in Grade thirteen, studying at Bathurst Heights Secondary School in Toronto, I one day met a guy named Sukhjinder. There were no Punjabis in that school and I was glad to meet him. We introduced ourselves and I was taken aback when he said that he was a chooRaa (so called low caste). He had a bad experience before when some Punjabis stayed away from him for being a chooRa.

I told him that I did not care and that we could still be friends. He did believe in Sikhi but was a monna. His brother Ravi was also going to this school. I and Sukha became very good friends. He was a good guy. He had a certain pyaas for meeting Vaheguru. He told me that he had adopted his father as his Guru. He used to talk about Naam a lot. He told me that his father had stayed with a Mahapurakh and did his sewa for 17 years before getting naam from him.

I had heard about Naam only once before meeting Sukha and when I asked him how I can get Naam, he told me that I will have to do sewa of a true Guru for years and years and only after that I could get naam. Since we were both teenagers and he was my best friend, he told me that there are only two true Naams and those are as follows:

ALLAH-HOO

OR

SOHANG

He told me that he prefers Sohang. At that time I had no idea about the Gurmat Naam. I met his father. He had an untidy look and used to talk very less. He was supposedly a Mahapurakh and as per Sukha he had some power. If he said anything, it always came out true. Company of Sukha was good for me and I learned a lot from him.

Then I befriended a guy who was a total atheist. He used to drink sharaab. He asked me to try but I was hesitant. He finally convinced me to drink and I got totally sharaabi after drinking one or two glasses. I had a great headache after I got up after sleeping. I also got very sick after that. I then remembered Guru Sahib and thought that I probably got punished for drinking. I decided not to drink after that.

Then one day Dharminder, Sunny Deol and other actors came to Toronto to do a show. I decided to go along with my friend. One of my friend knew that I don’t drink. He told me that if I agreed to drink, he would arrange for a personal meeting with the actors and actresses. I thought for a moment and thought that it was worth it. I agreed to drink and after drinking, I started feeling that Guru Gobind Singh jee was gusse with me. I got really depressed. I got so down that I decided not to go with them.

Remember that I was still a big manmukh at that time with earrings and no paath at all. Just had love for Guru Gobind Singh jee. I came back home and when I lied down on my bed, I had a strange experience. I felt that I was getting beaten up by someone. I could not believe it. I was getting hurt but could not see anyone beating me. I folded my hands and asked Guru Gobind Singh jee for mercy and promised that I would never drink again.

Around the time of this incident, I met an amazing singh, whose name I am going to hold for now. He was a very chardi kala singh. He got shaheed soon after we met. I still remember that the first day when I went to see him, he greeted me with great love. We had a heart to heart talk. Then all of sudden he stopped talking and said that it was time for Rehraas Sahib. I had never heard of Rehraas Sahib before and got baffled. I told him what that meant and he told me that it was time for the evening paath. I was very impressed. We did paath together and then he did ardaas. I had a great experience. I was a monna but felt baani.

This singh was not part of the Akhand Kirtani Jatha but had read books of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh. He gave me three books: Jail Chithiaan, Gurmat Naam Abhyaas Kamaayee, and Gurmat Bibek. I said to myself that there was no point in reading Jail Chithiaan as this book would only talk about Bhai Sahib’s personal problems and I had no interest in them. So I started reading Gurmat Naam Abhyaas Kamaayee. I liked the book very much and the concept of Naam was explained in that book in great detail. I used to think that Naam can be obtained only from some Mahapurakh but Bhai Sahib had explained that Naam can be obtained only from Punj Pyaare.

Around this time I met another guy. I met him in a mall in Rexdale. He was a very darshani guy. I was a monna and he was a sardaar but not amritdhari. We met and became good friends. He too used to do paath. He had no guidance from anyone and as a result of bad sangat was thinking of cutting his hair. He told me that he wanted to have a girl friend. I asked him if it was important to cut hair to have a girl friend. This is funny but as he was thinking of cutting his hair, the next day, a girl walked up to him saying that she liked him. They became friends. He came to me later that day and told me that he did not have to cut his hair any longer as he had found a girl friend without cutting his hair. We both laughed a lot at this.

Soon as a result of reading Bhai Sahib’s books and attending the Nagar Kirtan in downtown Toronto, I stopped cutting my kesh and started wearing a dastaar. In July of that year, I went to Malton Gurdwara, where the sewadaars announced that there would be amrit sinchaar the following day. The organizers were from Taksal. They asked me to take amrit and after their much insistence I agreed to come the following day. I had never read baani or kept kakaar but they told me that all would fall in place. The following day, I went to the Gurdwara Sahib and Guru Sahib blessed me with amrit. Amrit chhak turned my life upside down. All my friends left me and I left them. My life changed for good.

By the kirpa of Guru Sahib, I was able to keep the rehit that the punj pyaare had told us to keep. Then I read more books of Bhai Sahib and felt that I wanted to get pesh in jatha. Most of my friends were Taksali singhs and they discouraged me but I and 4 of my friends pretty much made up our mind to get pesh in jatha, on the condition that they would not order us to not read Raagmala. Back then I was a staunch supporter of Raagmala.

In those days (late 80s), jatha was virtually unknown in Toronto. So I called UK to find out about amrit sinchaar. I asked them if the punj pyaare were going to order us to not read Raagmala. I am not sure who I spoke to in England but that singh told me to read literature on Raagmala. I vehemently protested and said that I was not willing to hear anything against Raagmala. He asked me for my address as Bhai Madan Singh of UK was going to send me his book Gurmat Karam Philosophy, written by Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh. Along with the book, they also sent me a tract on Raagmala. I read that tract and after more research got convinced that Raagmala was not baani.

About couple of years after I first took amrit, I got pesh in jatha and got naam drirh from punj pyaare. It was a turning day in my life. When I first came in Toronto jatha, there were only 2 or 3 families active in jatha here. Dr Darshan Singh jee used to live around Weston/Finch area and I used to pick him up to go to Saturday samagams, every week. He used to answer my gurbani related questions. I was pretty amazed that he had a very good understanding of Gurbani. I still remember that I and my friends were unable to find satisfactory meaning of the following pankiti:

MAN PARDESI JE THIYAA, SABH DESH PARAAIYA||

Dr Sahib very diligently explained the meaning of this pankiti to me. He explained that if our mind does not stay in it’s house (nij ghar) then all the world where he tries to fit, is a pardesh for him.

Then there was another pankiti that goes as follows:

HAR KE LOGA, MO KO, NEET DASAI PATWAARI ||

I did not understand how a patwaari can bite us. Dr Sahib laughed a lot and then explained that normally a Patwari is the most dreaded officer amongst the jats (farmers) and just as the farmers dread patwaari, our mind too is like patwaari that gives us too much trouble.

In short this is my story of how I came to Sikhi and became part of Akhand Kirtani Jatha.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login