ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Man 'Survives Without Food' For 70 Years

Posted by Unjaan 
Man 'Survives Without Food' For 70 Years
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
I have read about this man before and believe that it is possible to live without food. In Gurbani there is a mention of "Pavan Aahari" people who live only on air and don't need to eat food or drink water.

Having said that, we should realize that this is not a spiritual state that can help one become one with Vaheguru but it certainly shows us that we don't need to rely on Maya (the seen world) to survive.

Kulbir Singh
Kulbir Singh Ji,

You are right. The BBC had an article on this very man in late 2003.

I think it's quiet a feat if he lives an active life. I have heard of stories of Yogis who have managed to slow their metabolism through Bhagti and live for 100's if not 1000's of years - mainly through my Grandfather. I think he said they stop breathing and trap their breath in the mind or something to that effect.
this story was first sent around in 2003... the testing was done at this time. not sure why they're reviving the story.

in the original tests, he lost weight during the testing. this shows that he had eaten before and was losing weight from not eating during the test. if he had truly gone without food, his weight would be stable, neither gaining nor losing.

i don't trust these yogis and so-called "holymen" in india. i think most are into it for money or fame. if he were a singh, i'd be more likely to accept it.

please forgive my cynicism.
70 years is too big a period to believe. Seems totally unscientific.

Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji was without food and water for about 70 days (please correct me) and was reported to lose weight and health, though he was in Chardi Kala.
mb singh veerji, i agree... after 70 days one would lose the weight accumulated over many years. but after 70 years, there should be no accumulated weight to lose, it should be stable.

bhai sahib was able to withstand unhuman tortures because of naam. i don't think yogic methods can produce the same results. this is clear from sidh gosht.

Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji was without food and water for about 70 days (please correct me)

It was 40 days, Veer jeeo.

Kulbir Singh
Unjaan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Man 'Survives Without Food' For 70 Years

ਪਉਨ ਅਹਾਰ ਜਤੀ ਜਤ ਧਾਰ ਸਬੈ ਸੁ ਬਿਚਾਰ ਹਜਾਰਕ ਦੇਖੈ ॥
ਸ੍ਰੀ ਭਗਵਾਨ ਭਜੇ ਬਿਨੁ ਭੂਪਤਿ ਏਕ ਰਤੀ ਬਿਨੁ ਏਕ ਨ ਲੇਖੈ ॥੪॥੨੪॥
ਜਗ ਮਹਿ ਬਕਤੇ ਦੂਧਾਧਾਰੀ ॥
ਗੁਪਤੀ ਖਾਵਹਿ ਵਟਿਕਾ ਸਾਰੀ ॥
ਅੰਨੈ ਬਿਨਾ ਨ ਹੋਇ ਸੁਕਾਲੁ ॥
ਤਜਿਐ ਅੰਨਿ ਨ ਮਿਲੈ ਗੁਪਾਲੁ ॥
He is reported to be under supervision. We may know the truth after few days. It may be the case of ਗੁਪਤੀ ਖਾਵਹਿ.

Thank you Veer Ji for correction.
Overtime Yogis can obtain many Ridhi Sidhis. Many Sikh Saints throughout history have become spiritual masters such as Bhai Randhir Singh jee. When Bhai Randhir Singh Jee did not eat for 40 days, he could have easily have survived without food or water, but despite being spiritually advanced he did not see the need to use his spiritual powers in such a condition and let his body get weak due to lack of sustenance. He remained in the Bhaana of Guru Jee because I believe Guru Jee puts Gursikhs in such situations to serve as an inspirational example for the rest of the Panth to keep our spirits high.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login