ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bhai Bachittar Singh Ji

Posted by Harmeet Singh 
Bhai Bachittar Singh Ji
December 12, 2016 06:52PM
WaheguroojikaKhalsaWaheguroojikiFateh!!

With Guru Sahib kirpa, I am writing book on Bhai Bachittar Singh Ji. Based on my research so far, there are couple of inconsistencies I have found which I would like to get sangat's advice on.

1. Many historians write that Bhai Bachittar Singh Ji met Guru Gobind Singh Ji in childhood, however in the historical vahis and research of Giani Garja Singh says that older historians believe that Bhai Bachittar Singh first met Guru Gobind Singh ji at Sri Paonta Sahib (which should mean in the later 1680s). That way Bhai Sahib would have been in his twenties so not childhood for sure. On the other hand, childhood should have been a possibility because Bhai Mani Singh Ji and their ancestors were in sewa of Guru Sahib for many generations, doesn't sound right that they would have taken his son so late for the darshan of Guru Sahib. Any advice on that?

2. Many books write Bhai Sahib's Anand Kaaraj date as March 1693. That doesn't seem right either because in that way his eldest son would be born earliest 1694 and would be just 11 years old during final battle of Sri Anandpur Sahib (it is mentioned that he fought in the jatha of Sahibzada Ajit Singh Ji). Also his son attained shaheedi in 1710 which would be just 15 years old. Also in some places it is written that he was very close to Baba Ajit Singh ji because of similar age (that would have made his birth between 1688-1692). Also Bhai Sahib would be 30 years of age in 1693 which isn't a normal age for Singh to get married in that time (normal age was between 14-20 years). After researching the vahis, it is mentioned that the vadhaai of Bhai Chittar Singh, Bachittar Singh and Uday Singh was taken in 1693, however they were married few years before that. I don't understand what does Vadhaai means. Any light in this matter would be helpful as well.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login