ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Which Trump do you support?

Posted by Sukhdeep Singh 
Which Trump do you support?
November 13, 2016 12:43PM
So far this November has been quite coincidental . In the very beginning of November marked the date that Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave eternal authority to the most high and glorious Sache Paatshah "Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji" Most recently a temporal authority was given to America's new president elect the infamous Donald Trump. Today many Americans are protesting him denying him as their leader.

When Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave authority to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji it was given to lareevar saroop not pad chedd. However, we see few Sikhs protesting against the authority of pad chhed. Had Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji wanted to change the maryada of Gurbani for sukh rehni Sikhs then he would have done so. Bhai Gurdas Ji nor Bhai Mani Singh Ji ever wrote in pad chhed. The first person to change Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji for their own convenience was done by the German missionary Ernest Trump ( Gurbani Viakaran, Giani Harbans Singh Ji) . This Trump makes Donald Trump looks like a Saint. In my opinion this Trump is the greatest villan in Sikh history. Sure people like Ram Rai or Mehrvan turned a handful of Gursikhs away from their Guru but this Trump has turned thousands and thousands away from their Satguru.

The British government sent E. Trump to Punjab to translate Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and Sri Dasam Granth. To make his job easy he broke up Gurbani and started writing a saroop in pad chhed. This pad chhed saroop still exist in Munich ( Germnay). He had no respect for Gurbani he would read Gurbani under the influence of alcohol and at times he would read Gurbani while smoking. He would also place Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji in a suitcase. According to his own thinking he introduced the idea of pad chedd to the panth. Not long after him Professor Teja Singh started making steeks of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji in pad chhed however no saroop of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji was printed in Padd Cheed ( Gurbani Viakaran, Giani Harbans Singh Ji). Two famous panthic Jathebandis ( Chief Khalsa Diwan SGPC) of that time spoke against the printing of pad chhed saroops. It was not untill greedy members of SGPC started making it a fad to print such saroops and now everyone has accepted such saroops as Satguru ( Master Jaswant Singh Ji. ਸਾਚੋ ਗੁਰੂ ਗਵਾਚੋ ਰੇ) .

Much before Trump the first person to come up with the idea of padd chhed was naam rasia gurmukh Shaheed Bhai Mani Singh Ji. The panth scolded him for this idea and later he accepted the punishment of being chopped from piece to piece as he did so to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Padd Chhed Saroop is something of the British Raj, Gurgaddi was given to lareevar Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji by the orders of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. There are so many problems in the panth today because we no longer love and respect Gurbani ( our Guru). While the majority of Americans question their president elect us Sikhs likewise should be questioning some of the motives of our greedy leaders who have dethroned Sach Paatshah Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji for their own greedy motive.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook

Much before Trump the first person to come up with the idea of padd chhed was naam rasia gurmukh Shaheed Bhai Mani Singh Ji. The panth scolded him for this idea and later he accepted the punishment of being chopped from piece to piece as he did so to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Please provide historical evidence that Bhai Mani Singh jee came up with the idea of Padchhed.

Kulbir Singh

Much before Trump the first person to come up with the idea of padd chhed was naam rasia gurmukh Shaheed Bhai Mani Singh Ji. The panth scolded him for this idea and later he accepted the punishment of being chopped from piece to piece as he did so to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

It is highly unlikely for a Gursikh like Shaheed Bhai Mani Singh Ji to have even a Furna of doing such a thing. The other story of Bhai Mani Singh Ji making Pothis of Guru Granth Sahib Ji and being similarly cursed by Sikhs also seems to be fabricated.

Please provide historical evidence that Bhai Mani Singh jee came up with the idea of Padchhed.

Kulbir Singh

An idea settled in his mind to break up Gurbani into padd chhed but after talking to Singhs about it the idea never came into fruition .

Master Jaswant Singh Ji mentions it in ਸਾਚੋ ਗੁਰੂ ਗਵਾਚੋ ਰੇ ( pg 5).

Bhapu Harbhajan SIngh Ji also mention it in an article titled "Gurbani De Pothi Pad Chhed Karn Uprant Bhai Mani Singh JI ne Aduti Kurbani ditee"

Either way I dont think the story is not fabricated. Bhai Mani Singh Ji was a teacher of Gurmukhi. Im sure he probably at one time thought how he can teach Gurbani in a more easier way. But he did not act according to his own mat, he brought this idea up to sangat and it was rejected and he did not break Gurbani in the sense of padd chhed, but did feel guilty of thinking about it. He later broke up original format by moving banis around and this would eventually lead him to make an example for generations to come to not break Gurbani in any way.

It is highly unlikely for a Gursikh like Shaheed Bhai Mani Singh Ji to have even a Furna of doing such a thing. The other story of Bhai Mani Singh Ji making Pothis of Guru Granth Sahib Ji and being similarly cursed by Sikhs also seems to be fabricated

I dont see it as " high unlikely". Only Guru Sahib is without mistake. In our history there are many Sikhs who sometimes made bad mistakes, failed, or did not pass Guru Sahibs test. For example, Bhai Mardana who was an extremely close companion and faithful Gursikh failed Guru Sahib many times. Even Bhai Gurdas Ji failed Guru Sahib at one time.

Either way I dont think the story is not fabricated. Bhai Mani Singh Ji was a teacher of Gurmukhi. Im sure he probably at one time thought how he can teach Gurbani in a more easier way. But he did not act according to his own mat, he brought this idea up to sangat and it was rejected and he did not break Gurbani in the sense of padd chhed, but did feel guilty of thinking about it. He later broke up original format by moving banis around and this would eventually lead him to make an example for generations to come to not break Gurbani in any way.

I firmly believe that he had not committed the mistake of doing padchhed of Gurbani because at that time there was no concept of padchhed. What he had actually done was that he changed the sequence of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee. Instead of sorting it by Raags (as Guru Sahib jee had done) he sorted it by authors. In other words, he placed all Baani of Siri Guru Nanak Dev jee together and then the next Guru Sahib and so on. Furthermore, It's also said that he compiled this Bir where he had Dasam Baani as well. If I am not mistaken Piara Singh Padam has mentioned the existence of this Bir in Delhi. This is the mistake for which the Panth chided him and gave him Saraaph. He realized his mistake immediately and begged for forgiveness. He said that the Bachan of Sangat will come true but let his Sikhi stay intact in the face of it. The Sangat accepted his plea and 5 Singhs did Ardaas that his Sikhi may stay intact. This incident is mentioned in Pracheen Panth Prakash.

Not a single handwritten Gutka, Pothi or Bir from ancient times is padchhed. In the absence of any historical proof of this, I humbly submit that to place a wrong allegation on Brahmgyani Bhai Mani Singh jee amounts to doing Ninda. If it were a fact, substantiated by some historical evidence, then it would be ok to cite this incident, not otherwise.

Kulbir Singh
I think you have not understood what I wrote. Im not sure why you assume I said he wrote in pad chhed? Im not saying he created any pad chhed writings. Im saying he came up with the idea ( the thought) but it never came into fruition because Singhs did not approve of it. I remember reading somewhere that he wrote a nitnem Pothi ,but I dont agree with it because I have not come across such historical references.
You are right Sukhdeep Singh jee. I stand corrected. I thought you had written that he had actually done padchhed. As for the idea of Padchhed, Guru Sahib knows or Bhai Mani Singh.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login