ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Giani Parwinderpal Singh (Damdami Taksal) thoughts on Sikh Rehat Maryada

Posted by Unjaan 
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Fact (since Gyani Ji is trying to stick to them) is that the only Maryada the Akaal Takht Sahib has ever issued clarifications or mandated changes to is Sikh Rehat Maryada, never any particular Jathebandi or Sampardaya. Reference: Hukamnama to modify the morning Nitnem Banis to be 5 Banis.

The real question is why is this being revisited? Does any Gursikh in the world think that without a separate Sikh homeland, we could draft a Panth parvan document? Are we as a Panth willing to compromise our own group Rehats to come to a consensus? The facts that Gyani Ji himself quotes demonstrate that we were unable to come to that consensus before and most likely, we will not be able to now.

The question then becomes what is the AGENDA behind modifying the Rehat suddenly now? Why is therre sudden interest in modifying the Sikh Rehat Maryada that the Panth has considered the minimum requirements for a Sikh for these so many past years? How will they reconcile things like meat, mool mantar and other different practices that are not in agreement among the different groups in the Panth? Who is heading this revision - what Jathebandis or Sikh groups?

This is not a healthy discussion that the Panth needs to engage in at this time when we have massive infiltration in our leadership and the Panth as a whole is not ready to pursue a unified platform for Rehat. It will lead to divisions that threaten to make the Panth into a denominational faith like Christianity. But then again...is that really the agenda at hand?

Conclusion: Unified Rehat Maryada - nice ideal, not right now.
I think that it would help the Panth right now.
Having one Rehat Maryada is key in my eyes.

During Dharm Yudh Morcha we were already one voice.

At the moment we do not have ekta. So the situation is different now. If we could get the NRI sikh under one khalsa flag we would reach our goal.

having said all that, we are responseble for the problems.
Sikhs say Indian is evil, yet we become beggers of it.

Sikhs should be beggers of Sri Guro Granth Sahib ji
Agree that there are bigger fish to fry at present. I for one am a firm believer of the Sikh Rehat Maryada as it stands as a bare minimum, but no harm in discussing its history and options should it require fine tuning in conjunction with key Jathe in the Panth.
I think that it would help the Panth right now. Having one Rehat Maryada is key in my eyes. During Dharm Yudh Morcha we were already one voice.

Dear Guupt Veer Jio,

Daas beg to disagree. Giani Jee in above video follow Mehta Taksaal Maryada, even though there are followers of this Maryada yet they are not one in Ekta.

For record sake, Mehta faction has subdivided in three as Mehta, Sangravan and Ajanala Taksal. Additionally, Bhider kalan exist too. It's not the problem of just Maryada but the people themselves. There are people who follow SGPC spread Maryada and are more faithful to Panth than people who are against it. Like Sardar Dhuma, he propagate Taksal Maryada yet he is the greatest puppet of Badals.

I think that it would help the Panth right now.
Having one Rehat Maryada is key in my eyes.

The problem among the masses is much bigger than this so called Ekta. Majority of the people who claim to be Sikhs are very far from the purpose for which one has to keep Rehat (including this Daas). The sole purpose is Naam Bhagti. When this is realized, everything else will fall into place. Naam Abhyaasi Gursikhs have almost no differences among themselves. Minor differences, if any, get shadowed by the enormous love that they have for Guru Sahib and Gursikhs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login