ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Narak / Surag

Posted by js 
Narak / Surag
August 31, 2016 01:04PM
There are numerous references to Narak and Surag in Gurbani when referring to the fate of Manmukhs. Furthermore, in particular, there are
vivid descriptions of the unimaginably terrifying happenings in Narak. Beatings, unbearable heat, pitch blackness, no one to hear ones cries etc etc. These are backed up by personal visions by certain eminent Gursikh like Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh in his books.
What I cant find much about is any descriptions of Surag - and effectively what 'rewards' as such are given out in this 'heaven like abode' to Manmukhs for any good deeds they may have done. What goes on there? I don't think Bhai Sahib has referenced Surag in any detail either (but I may be mistaken).

Out of interest ......Any one have any info on happenings in Surag?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Narak / Surag
September 01, 2016 10:31AM
What happens in Suarg is still far inferior than what a GurSikh does while doing Naam Kamayie in this Maat lok. That is why there is not much of the information is needed about this. Once Gursikh leave this world he/she doesn't have to give even a subtle glimpse towards Suarag.

Read 'Andithi Duniya' (Unseen Wold) pustak of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee, you won't even have further interest in Suarag.
September 01, 2016 01:52PM

What I cant find much about is any descriptions of Surag - and effectively what 'rewards' as such are given out in this 'heaven like abode' to Manmukhs for any good deeds they may have done. What goes on there? I don't think Bhai Sahib has referenced Surag in any detail either (but I may be mistaken).

Out of interest ......Any one have any info on happenings in Surag?

Swarag or heaven is not described in detail in Gurbani or other Sikh scriptures because the aim of a Sikh is not to go to heaven, nor is the aim of Gurbani to provide general information about the creation. Islamic texts describe Jannat, Christian texts describe heaven, and Vedic literature describes Swarag, since Jannat, Heaven and Swarag respectively, are the destinations of these religions. But since the destination of a Sikh is Sachkhand, therefore there are references to it in Gurbani, and not of Swarag or Heaven.

If you want to know how Jannat, Heaven or Swarag is, the best place to look for it is in the scriptures of the religions that offer their adherents these destinations. Gurmat accepts the existence of Swarag or similar destinations but does not offer Sikhs these destinations. The reason why hell or narak is described is to warn sinners to give up their sinful ways and adopt Sikhi.

As Bhai Jasjit Singh has pointed out above, there is much more Anand in singing Gurbani and chanting Naam:

ਸਰਬ ਬੈਕੁੰਠ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਮੋਖ ਪਾਏ ॥ ਏਕ ਨਿਮਖ ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਗੁਨ ਗਾਏ ॥
(One attains all Baikunths (a place superior to heavens) and salvation, if one sings Gunn (qualities) of Hari or a moment)

Singing Hargun means singing Gurbani because there is no other place where Harguns are listed.

Kulbir Singh
September 03, 2016 12:21PM
wjkk wjkf
some gursikh told me that, we get into narak or swarg based on the bad deed or good deeds done by us in our lifetime.
if we just do good deeds except for naam jap then we can go to swarg.
there we get chati prakar bhojan, and our every wish is fulfilled as a reward for our good deeds. But we can't be liberated, without naam.
some people gets indulged in those pleasures and doesn't think of sachkhand.
and as bhai jasjit singh said that main motive is to go to sachkhand and all other things are of no use and will lead to incarnations.

guru ramdas chardia kala bakshan panth nu
bhulla galtiya mauf

wjkk wjkf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login