ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Life After Amrit?

Posted by Jacfsing2 
Life After Amrit?
May 23, 2016 10:54PM
Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! I wanted to know if anyone has had difficulty building Rehat and fighting the Punj Chor, after taking Amrit. Also, I want to know why despite sometimes Jaaping Naam it's difficult for me to fight the Punj Chors?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Life After Amrit?
May 31, 2016 08:41AM
Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh, can anyone provide some advice, it's been a week and I haven't received a reply? Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!
Re: Life After Amrit?
May 31, 2016 12:41PM
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

[www.srigranth.org]

ਕਾਮ ਕਰੋਧੁ ਨਗਰ ਮਹਿ ਸਬਲਾ ਨਿਤ ਉਠਿ ਉਠਿ ਜੂਝੁ ਕਰੀਜੈ ॥
Kām karoḏẖ nagar mėh sablā niṯ uṯẖ uṯẖ jūjẖ karījai.
Sexual desire and anger are very powerful in the body-village; I rise up (DAILY) to fight the battle against them.

Amrit is not an automatic ticket to being a BrahmGyani (barring old kamai and Kirpa of Akaal Purakh). It is a daily struggle and fight to get up and actively engage in fighting the good fight. Every Gursikh fights daily. It is an internal fight that has to be re-done. Think of it more like climbing a steep mountain - every day is a step. Not to make it sound like a horrible struggle and torture - one who engages in Simran, Gurbani Paath/Keertan, Seva will get Anand that will want them to carry on the path. If you are truly not getting any Anand from your pursuit of Sikhi, t is time for self analysis and maybe even a conversation with an elder as to why you are not getting anything. Of course, don't be impatient - it takes time to progress and it should not be an expectation that you get to SachKhand in 3 days.

Rehat is rehat - it is not optional. Don't ever consider to do or not do. You wouldn't challenge an order from a worldly judge, so make it a firm concept in your mind that you WILL comply with Rehat.

Sangat is VERY important in keeping yourself in check. Sangat of Gursikhs with kamai who can guide and keep you on the straight and narrow is vital. Daily Sangat is recommended in keeping that going and remaining on the path. It may not be possible, but if so, this is a huge boost and will keep your 5 thieves in check because when you do Sangat, your mind should be occupied in Gurmat activities and in fear of Sangat and Guru/Akaal Purakh.

Do Nitnem, do Sehaj Paath, do Simran, do Keertan, do Sangat, do Seva, do Ardaas. And make sure you Do get Anand out of all of it.

Guru Rakha Te Ang Sang Sahai.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login