ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Feeding Shaheeds

Posted by HarKaur 
Feeding Shaheeds
December 18, 2015 12:40AM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh, Gurmukh Pyaareo.

I have a question about something I have seen in a few Sikh homes. I want to know where this tradition came from and if it is something that was practiced in the past or not. In a some homes I have seen that after preparing food some Sikhs will do Ardas making the meal langar, then they will serve a plate of food in a different room and leave it for a few minutes so that the spirits of Shaheeds can come and eat, then they will add it back to the food and serve to the family.

I would like to know where this started from? Do many Sikhs do this? Is there some sort of rehat or hukam that is connected with this? Are we supposed to make ardas with everything we make? Basically I am trying to figure out if this is actually a part of Sikhi or if it is some kind of made up ritual that got passed down. Because I have not seen it in Gurdwara and only in a few homes.

Thank you, and I apologize if I have said anything wrong.
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Feeding Shaheeds
December 18, 2015 09:27AM
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

The sakhi of Guru Nanak Sahib Ji at Haridwar throwing water at his fields comes to mind. I don't believe Sikhi condones this in any way.
December 18, 2015 11:06PM
Feeding the families of Shaheed Singhs/Singhnian is what should be done.
December 19, 2015 09:04AM
Mohkam Singh
Feeding the families of Shaheed Singhs/Singhnian is what should be done.

Here is how we can support it : [bdskhalsatrust.com]

Also watch:
[www.youtube.com]

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
December 21, 2015 08:29PM
Why would people be giving food to Shaheeds especially since they aren't here anymore? (In terms of physical activity) An alternative to this actually helping the Shaheeds families, or simply giving food to normal people who need it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login