ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kesi Ishnaan and Care

Posted by kaurrr_ 
Kesi Ishnaan and Care
November 14, 2015 03:15PM
I have a few questions regarding kesi ishnaan:

1. Is it non-gurmat to use store bought shampoo like herbal essences or dove? If so, what are some good alternatives?

2. Are we to use shampoo everyday, because this may lead to hair damage, lack of natural oils, etc?

3. Should we allot a specific keski just to use as a kamarkasaa when doing kesi ishnaan? So basically this keski would only be used during ishnaan and not around our kes when clean and dried?

4. What is the best recommended oil to use in hair to maintain it, keep it strong? Although I'm fairly young my hair has been very dry, thin and sort of frizzy lately for some reason. Its not as thick as it used to be and is falling out although I've taken very good care of it.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Kesi Ishnaan and Care
November 15, 2015 01:23PM

1. Is it non-gurmat to use store bought shampoo like herbal essences or dove? If so, what are some good alternatives?
It is fine to use shampoo. Some Singhs use Dahi instead of shampoo.

2. Are we to use shampoo everyday, because this may lead to hair damage, lack of natural oils, etc?
It is advisable to use shampoo less frequently. You may want to restrict it to once or twice a week. For rest of the days, you may do Keshi Ishnaan with just water.

3. Should we allot a specific keski just to use as a kamarkasaa when doing kesi ishnaan? So basically this keski would only be used during ishnaan and not around our kes when clean and dried?
There is no harm if you tie that Keski afterwards. But that Keski should be a fresh one. Basically, no clothing should be worn after Ishnaan which is dirty/smelly or was worn while going for Jungle Paani.

4. What is the best recommended oil to use in hair to maintain it, keep it strong? Although I'm fairly young my hair has been very dry, thin and sort of frizzy lately for some reason. Its not as thick as it used to be and is falling out although I've taken very good care of it.
It varies from person to person. Sometimes, certain type of oil does not suit one's skin. One's diet and lifestyle also affects one's hair. So, hair fall and dryness can also be due to stress or lack of balanced diet.
November 23, 2015 07:32PM
How often should we apply oil in our kes? Daily, weekly?
November 24, 2015 08:31AM

How often should we apply oil in our kes? Daily, weekly?

Again, it varies from person to person. Daas personally does it every second day. Some people naturally have rough and frizzy hair, which require frequent application oil. Whereas some don't require frequent application. There are no specific answers regarding such questions. Some things depends entirely on one's personal preference and requirements.

The motive is that one's Kes should be properly oiled at all times so that when one does Kangha, there should not be any unnecessary breakage of Kes. Satkar of Kes should be maintained.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login