ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sarblohi Tea

Posted by kaurrr_ 
Sarblohi Tea
November 06, 2015 07:18AM
Are you allowed to drink tea if you keep sarbloh bibek? What about khalsa/desi tea?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Sarblohi Tea
November 06, 2015 06:19PM
First of all tea can't be made in Sarbloh as it reacts badly and is not palatable. Sarblohi Gursikhs avoid drinking tea that is pattee but instead they drink Garm Jal which is made with herbs like saunf, ilaaichi, malathi etc. and is very tasty and beneficial.

Kulbir Singh
November 06, 2015 09:36PM
WJKK WJKF
Don't drink tea or coffee as it came packed from factories. So how can we say that the pati or coffee is made by gursikhs and in the sarb loh.
Drink milk and it will also keep you healthy whereas tea lead to stomach problems as acidity.
Bhul chuk maaf ji
November 07, 2015 11:51AM
As sarbloh bibekis can you use mainstream branded toothpaste like colgate and crest?
November 07, 2015 08:23PM
It's a nice question. Even I want to know about it. Because some people say branded toothpaste like Colgate are not totally veg. Even it contains chemicals as flavour.

you can use a daatan rather than toothpaste.
November 08, 2015 07:59PM
What is daatan?
Should we make toothpaste from home with baking soda and water instead?
November 10, 2015 07:26AM
Sat Sri Akal Bhai Kulbir Singh Jio_/\_,
Could you please share recipe for garam jal?

Bhul chuk muaf
Gurfateh
November 11, 2015 07:43PM
Vaheguru! Garam jal recipe I am not sure of. I have had the fortune of only devouring delicious Garam Jal made by Gurmukhs. I think you put herbs like Saunf, both vadd and chhoti elaichi (Laachi), daal-cheeni (cinnamon), juvain, malathi etc. in water and boil it, then pour milk in it till it boils. Sugar is put according to one's need

Kulbir Singh
November 11, 2015 11:25PM
Dhan Vahiguroo Jio_/\_, atey Guru Jio very blessed Parvasa Gurmukh Bhai Kulbir Singh Jio_/\_
Bhul chuk Muaf
Gurfateh
November 12, 2015 12:59AM
Garam Jal is sold in markets in Punjab by the name of Khalsa Desi Tea.
November 12, 2015 09:39AM
Dhan Vahiguroo Jio ateh Khalsa Mokham Singh Jio_/\_. Is Khalsa Desi Tea available online jio?
Bhul chuk muaf

Gurfateh
November 12, 2015 09:42AM
Nevermind Khalsa Mokham Singh Jio, found it on bing search:
[www.khalsaherbals.com]
November 12, 2015 09:45AM
Actually, found link through www.sikhsangat.com post on khalsa desi tea
Bhul chuk muaf
November 20, 2015 03:22PM
Are bibekis allowed to drink store bought almond milk, soy milk and coconut milk by companies like silk and almond fresh, etc.? This is because some people cannot consume cows milk for health reasons and must look for alternatives?
November 21, 2015 03:17PM
Naheejee Bibekis don't eat or drink anything that has been processed. Non-Dairy milk is really easy to make. There are many videos on Youtube for any type of milk you want to make.
November 21, 2015 04:33PM
But isn't cows milk, unless purchased directly from a farm, processed. Sealtest, Neilson, Natrel? All of that is processed and packaged in factories.
November 21, 2015 05:33PM

But isn't cows milk, unless purchased directly from a farm, processed. Sealtest, Neilson, Natrel? All of that is processed and packaged in factories.

We get milk directly from farm, unprocessesed (kacha).

Kulbir Singh
November 22, 2015 05:24PM
Are there blessed Bibekis (I agree 100% with bibeki versus processed food ji) in USA ji?
Bhul chuk muaf Vahiguroo_/\_
August 14, 2016 12:59AM
We used to take Baba Ramdev's Patanjali desi tea. Most sarablohi Singh's take it.
August 18, 2016 04:52AM
harkasimran247 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We used to take Baba Ramdev's Patanjali desi tea.
> Most sarablohi Singh's take it.

Patanjali has been involved in a lot of controversies. This Baba Ramdev has been acquiring financial gains in billions through all means. Some newspapers also reported that they use bones in their ingredients and some reported usage of cow urine as well. Infact Patanjali itself issued a press statement confirming that some of their products contained cow urine.

Considering how labelling and food ingredients declaration is controlled in India I would stay miles away from this company's products. Why not support gursikhs who setup some small scale business to produce desi tea.
August 18, 2016 07:31PM
Vahiguroo hSingh Jio,
Please do share links, contacts etc of availability of Gursikh produced tea etc ji?_/\_

Bhul chuk muaf Vahiguroo
August 21, 2016 07:46AM
I've seen the ingredients of Ramdev's desi tea . I don't know about other products but the tea is safe.
August 22, 2016 04:08AM
Dass did a lot of research online for replacement of tea as my singhni used to consume a lot of tea before becoming bibeki. I wanted to find a replacement that will not be too far off in taste but will not have same problems as with tea. As lot of natural tea or herbal teas have flavour which is very different from regular tea I wanted something which will taste similar to it.

I came across this 100% caffeine free tea online that is found in South Africa. Its called Red Bush or Rooibos Tea. Its slightly more costly than the regular tea but there are no toxins or addiction ingredients in this tea. A number of websites list a lot of health benefits for this tea. When we tried it for first few times it tasted different. However with some experimentation it now turns out 90% similar in taste to regular tea. My singhni has completely given up on regular tea for last 2 yrs and she does not get any cravings for it anymore.

This is what we add to make it taste similar to regular one: Water, Tea Bag (of loose leaves), Ajwain (Caraway Seeds), Grated Ginger, Small Cardamom, Saunf/Fennel (if it suits) and 2-3 leaves of Basil/Tulsi and Milk

Here is a link to check the health benefits or you can google Rooibos Tea

Health Benefits of Rooibos Tea
September 13, 2016 12:41AM
waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh ji.

I am from Ludhiana, Punjab.
we have a manufacturing unit for Desi Tea or Garam Jal since before 1990.
If any guru piara wants to get, can contact

KHALSA STORE
Near Char Khamba Chowk, Model Town, Ludhiana, Punjab.
M:- +919463948069
+919463948067
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login