November 05, 2015 12:21AM
What is the best place to do seva:-
1) gurduwara sahib
2) kar seva
3) open langer?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: best place to do seva
November 05, 2015 08:29AM
While walking on path of Sikhi, Guru Sahib make us meet amazing Gursikhs. One such Gursikh gave me following advice on Seva which I share whenever come across such questions.

Sikhi is a Naam Dharm and our Guru is a Shabad Guru. So, the Seva of Guru Rank's #1. What this means is, take Gurbani Santhiya and learn to do Sudh Paath. The more you sit with Guru face-to-face the more Seva you are doing, the more Darshan you are having with Guru and rest all will fall in place.

After that whatever Seva you will do, like, Langar Seva, Jode di Seva, Kar Seva etc... will become a Nishkaam Seva. While doing such Seva the Naam Khanda will be going inside you. The Seva of the Sikhs are Nishkaam and this can be achieved only through Gurbani.

Otherwise, if one does any Seva with hope of earning positive points and depositing into one's Karma account, then that person has to come back to redeem those positive points. The more danger is that if an individual is not able to return to Maatlok and gets stuck in 'Khands' for long time. In some Khands, an individual cannot do any Karma itself. The person has to just keep on redeeming the positive coupons earned in Maatlok. "Sur Nar Mun Jan Amrit Khojde So Amrit Gur Te Paya", to get Amrit an individual should have opportunity to come back to Maatlok.

"Satgur Ki Seva Safal Hai Je Ko Kare Chit Laaye". The "Mann" can only be rein via Gurbani. Otherwise whatever Seva you do the "Mann" will be running around and there is no fruitful result out of it.

Unfortunately, we start from the wrong end and try to reach the right end. We keep Gurbani Seva last in our list. On the contrary it should be top on the list at rank #1. The topic requires a deep Vichaar, but I hope you got the gist of it.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
November 05, 2015 01:35PM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

I once asked a great Gursikh the question: What exactly is Gur Sewa?

I was told that the greatest Sewa of all is participating in the Sadh Sangat as Guru Sahib says:

ਮੇਰੇ ਮਾਧਉ ਜੀ ਸਤਸੰਗਤਿ ਮਿਲੇ ਸੁ ਤਰਿਆ ॥
ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦਿ ਪਰਮ ਪਦੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਸੂਕੇ ਕਾਸਟ ਹਰਿਆ ॥੧॥

I was also told that the next best Sewa is Joreyan Di Sewa, which one only needs to spend about 10 minutes on.

This is just what I was told by a great Naam Abhiyaasi.

Bhul Chuk Maafi,

Khalsa ji aap ji bahut bahut dhanwaad....
I also think, gurbani seva and seva in sangat is on top. naam starts automatically in a person while he is doing seva in sangat with prem.
I also join sangat and do seva and after the seva the sangat spend 2hours in singing gurbani and in naam.
Believe me, after seva, the rass of naam and gurbaani becomes that much that sometimes we forget about and stay continued on naam in sangat.
WJKK WJKF.
please share your experiences...
November 06, 2015 07:58AM

Sorry, I don't think I said what I wanted to say properly. What I meant by participating in the Sadh Sangat was that doing Simran and singing and listening to Kirtan is in itself the greatest Sewa.

Bhul Chuk Maafi,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login