ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

problem in doing rehras sahib

WJKK...WJKF...
Sangat ji please help me.
Every evening from 04:30pm to 08:00pm , i do seva with my family at "kar seva" so it's difficult for me to arrange time for "rehras sahib". So, i do the "rehras sahib" while doing seva .
Is this right to do seva and "rehras sahib" at same time? I don't have enough "budhi"(mat) to judge right or wrong. Please give me solution for this because idon't want to disobey SRI GURU GOBIND SINGH SAHIB MAHARAAJ .
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: problem in doing rehras sahib
November 04, 2015 03:02PM
I heard in katha by Gyani Thakur Singh that Rehras Sahib can be done till 11pm

Listen to this video Hope it helps
[www.youtube.com]
Thanks for telling me that.
Now i can do rehras sahib after 09:00 pm.
Siri Rehraas Sahib should be done at Sandhiya time i.e. that time when sun sets. Normally, it's okay to do Siri Rehraas Sahib around 6 pm. If you are doing some Seva from 4 to 8 pm, still it's not hard to take a break for 10 minutes and do your Nitnem and then continue back to do Seva. It's not appropriate to do Siri Rehraas Sahib late into the night. I am not sure how Giani Thakur Singh has reached the conclusion that it's fine to do Siri Rehraas Sahib by 11 pm.

In an emergency or in case one totally forgets about it, one may do it late and then seek forgiveness for being late in the ensuing Ardaas but one should not consider it to be fine to do Siri Rehraas Sahib late in the night or to do the morning Nitnem after Amritvela. The morning Nitnem must be done at Amritvela.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login