ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

please advice - mother in law have cancer

Posted by jaskaur_1968 
waheguru ji ka khalsa, whaguru ji ki fateh,

my mother in law diagnosed with cancer 7 months ago, now she has given 3-4months by doctors to live in this world. i want to do sehij paath for her and ask her if she can sarvan paath over the phone from me as she lives with my brother in law. i asked my husband to support me by not dringking, as he drinks he is not amirthdhari. He said ok, but later didn't follow what i said, but should i do sangat ji. i am still waiting for him if stopped then i start. but yesternday we went to her home stayed with her most of the day. she didn't know that she has giver 3-4 months. she walks properly and talks properly seems ok to me. but people are saying to our family she is going to have very ill condintion. i told her to listen and do more paath. i want to do something for her but can i do for her.

gur fateh ji
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
My humble advice would be to start you paath without waiting for anyone else. She can also listen to path via C.D or you can do Paath for her too. My best wishes to you all. Please don't delay the paath.

waheguru ji ka khalsa, whaguru ji ki fateh,
Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. By His grace you have chosen the right way to deal with this situation. What better way than to seek the refuge of Gurbani. Yes, don't delay the Paath and start immediately. If possible, get some experienced Paathis who are selfless Gursikhs who do Paath not as a source of income. Try to listen to Paath as much as possible.

Kulbir Singh
I am extremely sorry for the pain you must have been going though. Be positive front of her and tell her how gurbani can help her. If you become negative she will lose courage too.
[m.youtube.com]
I once saw this movie, it's about real life miracles of gurbani. Watch it with her, and I repeat PLEASE watch it once with her and your husband too if possible.
There is a one Story about a guy who was not even a Sikh and did not even believed that much went to harminder sahib Jee and he got cured from cancer.
In my state, one persons family member had a cancer and the whole family kept doing sikhmani sahib ji by turns so it was a 24 hours gurbani reciting he got cured.
Whether your husband is helping or not just start the paath, make your mother listen to it too.
I will pray that she heal very quickly and amazes the doctors.
I want a miracle to take place here too and please let us know too how is it going.
Thank you.
And yes do Sangat.. Go to gurdwara do paath there, maybe other people will join too since when one is in pain, we all get close and help by putting our differences aside. There is a lot of power when Sangat does ardas .
Thank you
waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji fateh,

thank you for your all good advises

gurfateh ji
You must convince her to take amrit from the punj pyare as soon as possible so that Guru Sahib may give her protection in the next world, which is full of horrors for normal people, if she does indeed pass away in the few months.
Normally many punjabis don't want to take amrit because they want to fit in society and enjoy life. They say they will take amrit when they are older. Your mother in law knows she has little time left, so no excuse not to shak amrit.

It will be very preferable to shak amrit where naam drir will also be done by punj pyare. However the main thing is to take khanda pahul di amrit.

If you really want to help her, then she must shak amrit!
Without the Guru's protection there is only suffering in this world and more importantly the next world.

Shakking amrit is a must before death. Do not delay, convice your poor mother in law!
Call sangat in your home and japp naam so that she can listen the sweet name of VAHEGURU.
ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਤ ਦੁਖੁ ਜਾਇ॥
ਨਾਨਕ ਬੋਲੈ ਸਹਜਿ ਸੁਭਾਇ॥
waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh,

Vivek ji your advice is great, however she has talen Amrit already.

This year in Feb., she went toindia with me, only visited Harimandir sahib with us. Before that i and my husband going to india, she said to me Get siri sahib, gatara and Kara, will wear it when i leave.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login