ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Does doing simran/Gurbani can help family members?

Posted by Lostsoul. 
Sat shri akal!
I once heard this Katha and singh ji said that when one person read Gurbani or does simran, It can help their whole Family.
[www.youtube.com]

The reason I am asking is because My father has been a very bad person when he is drunk, So most of his life he has spent hurting many people, family, and relatives.I try my best that he can use his rest of the life to get close to waheguru ji instead of being so Materialstic But he does not listen.
I do not know what happens in afterlife, I just want him to realize that he should use his life properly here.. I am not perfect by myself, I just want to bring my family to where I am today. I am a very beginner sikh and learning and the more I am learning the merrier I want my family especially dad to use his time wisely.
So is that true..If I read more Gurbani, Does simran, and remember waheguru ji more, I can help my family too?
I will try to collect more Kathas and will try to make him listen but he is very stubborn and ignore when I tell him that do paath or listen to this, instead he spent whole time watching TV.
He is almost 60 and one priest told my mother back in punjab that he will live until 70..I don't know how much truth in it but I feel like a rush..Maybe I will die before that we have no idea of death, But I am not worried about myself, I just want him to be okay.
I read a book about bhai rama singh ji..Manmukh to Gurmukh and he described hell and heaven concept that did scare me. My fathers whole focus is maya ( Money, alcohol, Ego) and I know if he does not change his life he will be tormented by all this.
He has hurted soo many people including us..and I just want him to atleast gain some good karma.
I will really appreciate the help. Thank you
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sikhi has the power to transform rocks into gold, crows into swans, poor into rich etc. There is nothing that one cannot achieve by following Sikhi. One Bramgyanee, that person who has attained highest spiritual state through intense amounts of Naam Abhiyaas, has the ability to save not just his immediate family but many many generations. But if we are starting off in Sikhi, and have little kamyiee than our main goal should never to be to save others. Our main focus should be obtaining Bramgyaan for ourselves, and along the way all our other affairs will be fulfilled. How can a poor starving person help other members of his family eat if he hasn't obtained any money or food for himself? It is Hukam to do parchar and show others the path of Sikhi, but our main goal is to save ourselves first. If your family members our stopping you from doing bhagtee, than you should do ardaas to Guru Sahib to sort out the problem for you.
Sat shri akal!!!

In my humble opinion!

Once you start doing Simran/Gurbani.....you inner journey starts.........its a long process & ultimately helps the whole family but bear in mind Guru kirpa happens with lot of kamayee/Intense amounts of Naam Abhiyaas & or previous janam's kamayee. It is a very tough long journey.
Your views & concept will change, altogether.

Good luck! Rab Rakha.
Thank you GurmanSingh ji..Your Example did explain me really well..It's true when I am starving how can I help others..I have to do more Kamayi first.

Thank you Sevak ji..I wish I could know if I did any kamayi in previous life..sad smiley
Sat Sri Akal.
With with due respect, it's hard to determine previous life kamayee but with Guru kirpa one can devote some time in this life. The only way to know is when your inner journey starts the process is much speedier. Your whole concept of mine & yours will change & you will better understand the will/hukum of Vaheguru. The Truth you will discover will be different than rest of the world & you will feel like an outsider. You will become out of place or detached from the world. Peace will set in place.

Fragrance of God's essence will be so sweet that you will be intoxicated. Start doing MOOL MANTAR 24HRS. RABBH RAKHA.
Sat Sri Akal Ji,

"Jis simrat sabh kilvikh nasey, pitri hoye udharo"

If Simran can udharo/ free our ancestors, a father who is right here with him in this mortal world can surely benefit from a son's Simran abhyas.

Regards
V.Kaur
Sevak ji, I have been trying to accept everything as hukam but then there comes a point where if I have disappointed myself, I can't blame it on waheguru ji. For instance, I have hard time seeing me as a successful person, not that I want a lot of money, I just feel like I am not using my life properly. If I say I wanna spend most of my time reading gurbani and I end up watching little bit of TV that makes me feel like a failure. My career not going to the way I wanted it to be makes me feel like a failure and I can't shake this feeling. I know it's all worldly concept but my mind does not get it. I do get temporary relief saying it's all under hukam that everything is happening for a good purpose and I am serving a purpose here but here comes the feeling of being a burden on this planet.
Thank you for replying.

Vkaur ji,
Thank you, that's the tuk I was looking for. Heard it once but did not find it. Thank you .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login