ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Chaupai sahib ji and rehraas sahib ji!

Posted by Lostsoul. 
Waheguru ji ka Khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

I have a question about gurbani.. I have started doing chaupai sahib ji and sometime I play it and it seems like there are soo many version of it.
Sometime it is up to dusht dokh tey leyo bachayi..
But after that comes soo many lines too and then comes sawainya.. And then Doha

Also I have noticed that in rehraas sahib ji too.. My gutka sahib has a different version but when I play videos there are either more in it or less.

Why is there a difference? Can someone guide me to the proper chaupai sahib ji and rehraas sahib ji.

I know the difference between other guru ji's bani and dhan guru gobind singh ji's bani.
10th master uses a different tone.. When I read it I can feel the power, for instance jaap sahib ji..
And I thought rehraas sahib ji is by dhan guru nanak dev ji but sometime when I hear videos I can feel some tukk seems like 10th guru ji's composition.
Maybe I am mistaken.. So please shed a light upon my ignorance.

[m.youtube.com]

This rehraas sahib ji is called sampooran and is different than gutka sahib ji.
Sorry if I made mistake or said something wrong, I am using phone to type it out.
Thank you
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
My humble suggestion to the new joinees of the forum is to take out time and browse through the older posts. Many of your questions would have been already answered in older posts.

Use the "Advance Serach" option on top right hand side of the webpage to search older posts. Input simple keywords in the serach box. For example in this case input text "rehras sahib" in the serach box and you will find older posts.

The reason for this suggestion is that, the same question would have been already answered 3 - 4 times on different occasions. So the existing members may not feel like jotting down the same answers again and again. Eventually, the new joinee of the forum feels let down that nobody is answering their queries.

Coming back to original question.

Short answer to the query is that, atleast do the nitnem, of 7 banis, of the version which is being recited at Sri Darbar Sahib, Amritsar. That version is accepted as per the Sikh Rehat Maryada issued by Sri Akal Takht Sahib. Once you start getting "Rass" and feels like reciting more "Bani" then there is no harm in that.

The Audio files and Gutka Sahib which you refer may have different versions becuase every jatha has its own traditions. Tarna Dal, Buddha Dal, DDT and other sampradas have their own versions of Gutka Sahib and the length of Banis will differ.

Don't fall prey to controversies of long or short or sampooran rehras sahib etc... Every Shabad of Guru Sahib is sampooran in itself. Take a head start by following what is being recited at Sri Darbar Sahib, Amritsar.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
I hope these links help

[www.youtube.com]

[kam1825.podbean.com]
This is a pity issue, shouldn't deserve so much of attention.

If one wants to do longer version of Rehraas then why not do full Anand Sahib. Why 6 pauri only? None else Rehraas that is printed in various Gutkas match to this one. Try it and enjoy the Laha of longest Rehraas ever.

BTW, there is no such a thing like read 5 Bania or 7 Bania for the Nitnem. There is only a point of contention for Amritvela Bania which are 5 bania but some people think they are only 3.
Thank you everybody for replying..Now I have one more question..I will just ask here.

I found a book called an autobiography of Bhai rama singh ji..It is in a pdf format so its free for everybody. i would like to create an audio version of it. Can I just go ahead and do that or it will be copyright issue?

Or is the audiobook is already available?

I would really appreciate the help. thank you!
There are loads of audio books avilable on www.mahapurakh.com and [sikhaudiobooks.com] there shouldn't be a copy right issue for audio recording
Thank you singh ji..I checked that website too so It will be okay. thank you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login