ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Harmandir Sahib Keertan Maryada

Posted by ssingh26 
Harmandir Sahib Keertan Maryada
September 11, 2015 08:14PM
WJKK WJKF,

What is the Maryada for doing Keertan @ Darbar Sahib.

I'm seeing many places are saying that Women cannot do Keertan, and they could and used to do Keertan before.

Also, is Jatha Keertan allowed, I'm guessing a no on this.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
[www.sikhphilosophy.net]

Check the link this talks about the maryada...I dnt know whether it is completely true but makes sense
Re: Harmandir Sahib Keertan Maryada
September 19, 2015 03:14AM
gagansingh541 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.sikhphilosophy.net]
> out-the-maryada-at-darbar-sahib.39369/
>
> Check the link this talks about the maryada...I
> dnt know whether it is completely true but makes
> sense

The article quoted in this message is by someone who is challenging Guru Granth Sahib Ji in the same article. He clearly states towards end of this write up that Bhatt Savayiye are not part of Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Admins please take note and remove any such links/posts that are creatin dubidha. Debate/Discussion is fine as long as its not challenging the authority of Guru Sahib
What is the Maryada for doing Keertan @ Darbar Sahib.

Fairly simple Maryada, as started by Sri Guru Arjan Dev Jee Maharaaj, i.e. Sangti (congregational) Akhand Keertan. Till date Keetan is done in this way.

I'm seeing many places are saying that Women cannot do Keertan, and they could and used to do Keertan before.

There is no restriction on Tyaar Bar Tayaar Bibiyan to do Keertan anywhere in Guru Darbaar. Rehatvaan Bibiyan did Keertan in Sri Harmandhir Sahib without an issue in earlier centuries. Since the Dhill (looseness) started in Rehat for Bibiyan, under Guru Sahib's Bhana Keertan also stopped at Sri Harmandir Sahib, that is what I think. Imagine how would it look when a Bibi with half naked head doing Keertan at Sri Harmandir Sahib! Until pristine Rehat Maryada is back in the Panth, till then it is difficult Bibiyian can do Keertan there.

Also, is Jatha Keertan allowed, I'm guessing a no on this.

About one hundred year ago Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh did Keertan at Sri Harmandhir Sahib and it was said to be one of amazing Keertan. Mahant managment asked Bhai Sahib to come any time to do Keertan without any hesitation.

In moderen days, Akhand Keertani Jatha does Keertan there time to time. One of the example is this more than three decade old Keertan video. Enjoy!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login