ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pure mind ..................

Posted by ekdaas 
Pure mind ..................
September 06, 2015 08:30AM
Well lot of topics here focuses on Rehat, but mostly on physical appearance. What my simple & ignorant brain understands is Code of conduct. Your actions & the way you live your life.

Most amritdhari think they should only associate or eat with fellow amritdhari. When Guru Gobind Singh jee said rehat payri mujko sikh payra nahi-means your code of conduct should be according to gurus teaching.

Getting admission in best school & abiding by the dress code can't make you pass exams, the only way to pass exams is to read & follows instructions

Any amaritdhari who follows guru teachings is respected by all.

Because dress code is easy to adopt & to follow gurus teaching is tougher therefore most people take the easy way out.

If union with God is possible through shabad than baani is more important. Anyone who thinks they are above all is far from God as God is in everyone of us.

One can see God all the time if one has those eyes. This body or vessel is Gods residence.

Please forgive me if my understanding not at par with most learned people here.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Pure mind ..................
September 07, 2015 01:38AM
Believe me, ekdaas,
if anyone has a pure mind, they surely will not be judging a Amritdhari, who has taken His or Her great first step to purity mind, soul, body et all, and drown in Gurshabad, rehit etc, so Prio Vahiguroo King will have mercy to grant His Great Nadar.
bhul chuk muaf Vahiguroo atey Guru Pyareo Jio_/\_
September 07, 2015 06:44AM
With all due respect, I am no body to judge anyone let alone Amirtdhari. I think KS jee you did not read my note: Any amaritdhari who follows guru teachings is respected by all...above all----

ਬਿਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਭਗਤਿ ਨਾਹੀ ਸੁਖੁ ਪ੍ਰਾਨੀ ਬਿਨੁ ਗੁਰ ਗਰਬੁ ਨ ਜਾਈ ॥੨॥

ਬਡੇ ਭਾਗ ਗੁਰੁ ਸੇਵਹਿ ਅਪੁਨਾ ਭੇਦੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰਦੇਵ ਮੁਰਾਰ /

ALL I was saying being Amirtdhari is about treating everyone equal/being humble/being dassan dass, helping others, inclusion not exclusion.

My small brain thinks that once you become Amirtdhari-than your code of conduct should be according to Gurus teachings....following guru

Granth sahib jee.

Both your body & soul should drench into Amrit. God provides sun/air/water to everyone alike without any distinction.

To merge into Khalas/pure one has to practice that as much as possible.

Please forgive-"to err is human; to forgive, divine.
September 07, 2015 04:01PM
The physical rehats aren't just outside things irrelevant to the inside. They help in the inside. Bana, kakars, and bibek are absolutely necessary to be successful with inside simran. If we do not try to follow Guru Jee's hukam to wear bana, kakars and keep bibek, then how can we expect Guru jee to give us as much help for inner simran as we would get if we we were following all of these hukams?
Kakaars and bibek are not less necessary than Guru Jee's hukam to do simran. We have to put in all of our effort to follow all hukams, internal and external.
The dress code is also Guru Jee's hukam like it is hukam to do simran. If someone is wearing bana and not doing simran, they will have to answer to Guru Sahib for it. If someone doesn't care about external rehats like bana, kakaars and bibek but does simran, they will also have to answer to Guru Jee about why they decided to pick and choose.
It is true that some hukams are harder to follow than others. If we can only follow the easy ones at some point, we should do that, instead of giving up on them just because we aren't following the harder ones too.
September 07, 2015 07:00PM
Thanks a lot SinghAbb jee, Rab rakha.---Please forgive-"to err is human; to forgive, divine.
September 07, 2015 10:24PM
Ekdass Jio,
Gurbani stresses alright to break away from those who are against truthful living.
Amritdhari's vow is to break away from the life he or she lived, for truthful living, and it will be, has been impossible to still be immersed in serving those who put much pressure on amritdhari to leave strict discipline, thus, generalization that amritdharis think highly of themselves.

Vahiguroo bhul chuk muaf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login