ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bibek and Non-Amritdhari family members

Posted by Romisingh 
Wjkk Wjkf ji

I recently was blessed with amrit di daat and was determined from the very beginning to keep full rehat including bibek.

Being the only one in my family that is amritdhari, the rest of my family does not agree with bibek, especially my mom.

I've tried explaining to her the importance of keeping full rehat and following Guru ji's hukams but she just don't want compromise. My mom believes by me keeping bibek I will become a kater Sikh and she does not want that.

When ever I bring up the idea of keeping bibek and cooking for myself she gets really upset. The problem I'm having is by not keeping bibek my mom is happy but my spiritual life is not progressing and I feel horrible for not following the guru' s hukam. My other option is keep bibek and hurt my mom which I know is against Sikhism.

What do I do?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Excellent! That's the quintessential test - one who choses dharam da maarg has to swim across an ocean of fire. What a test - the whole world may start hating you for your bhakti, but the challenge is to return the hate with love. The family may appear as such a loving bunch, but the challenge is to keep clear of moh-mamta. 5 vices attack every now and then, but the challenge is to keep nirlep. What a battle but I haven't won yet. But I beat the drums because the battle is still on.
Cook food for Mata Jee too with love and devotion as one would serve Guru Ka Langar. When cooking and servicing have Naam Khanda continue with-in, you will see colors.
What is there to think? Guru Sahib jee's Hukam takes precedence over all other duties, orders and norms. A serious seeker of Vaheguru will definitely obey the Hukam of Guru Sahib jee, of keeping Bibek. A Gursikh aspiring to keep Bibek and other Rehits will, with love, empathy, care and affection, humbly explain to the mother that it's best for everyone to obey the Hukam of Guru Sahib jee. Going against the Hukam of Guru Sahib will bring no happiness and will result in spiritual downturn and other possible losses in life.

In doing all this, there will be moments when mom will be agitated and angry but at no point a Gursikh should lose anger and answer to mom in manmukhi way i.e. in anger and rudeness but should remain humble and meek. Above all do Ardaas, Paath and Simran supplicating Vaheguru jee for help and divine intervention. Guru Sahib will surely help.

It's sad that when such question is posed to even senior Gursikhs and in some cases even to Punj Pyare, they advise the gullible seekers to wait to keep Rehit. The result is in front of us. Sarbloh Bibek Rehit has almost vanished from the Panth. This has occurred because our senior Gursikhs who themselves were weak in Rehit have been advising new seekers to go ahead and compromise on Rehit.

Little do we realize that no one has any right to give or advise leniency to anyone in the cases of obeying Hukams of Guru Sahib. Even the Punj Pyare only can disclose and inform the new candidates about the complete Rehit of Siri Guru Dasmesh jee but they can't change or alter or dilute the Rehit and Hukams of Guru Sahib jee.

Kulbir Singh
Please keep one thing in mind: Purity of mind & actions will ultimately lead to higher spiritual elevation with Guru's kirpa. Unfortunately most people thing & feel once you have 5k that your above all. Humility goes out the window. ATMA & PARAMATAM DE MIL HONA HA.

A SIKH IS HUMBLE/COMPASSIONATE/HELPFUL WITHOUT MALICE.

KHALSA- TRUE THINKING & TRUE LIVING. TO MERGE IN TRUTH YOU HAVE TO LIVE TRUTHFULLY.

Naam Japna[ -Seek only the support of the Almighty Lord before beginning any new task or venture. (Ardas)

Kirat Karni - Leading one's life in accordance with the Guru's teachings: Engage in an honest profession or other work or course of study.

To live humbly and with love.

Seva – Undertake free voluntary service within the community.
Wjkk wjkf
Sangat jio pl guide me what is the relevance of bibek in form
Of cooking separately or not eating from kitchen if the other hand
Is amritdhari but not bibeki.

Above is not for argument but for enlightenment.

Sri Akaal g Sahae
"Das Paramjit":

There are several threads on this forum about Gurmat Bibek of eating. Please refer to them and if possible, read Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee's book Gurmat Bibek, which can be found at the following link:

[www.gurmatveechar.com]

Kulbir Singh
W.J.K.K!! W.J.K.F!!
Daas is facing this problem too. I am also single person from my family who had taken the daat of Amrit. But I don't know how to cook food.
My family do not eat non-veg but my relatives eat. My mama ji and his family also eats non veg. Sometimes we have to go there for family get together. When we go there, they didn't make non veg but the utenils used are same as they use to cook non veg. Please help me how to keep my Bibek in such conditions.
W.J.K.K!! W.J.K.F!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login