ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮ ਕਥਾ ਨਿਤ ਸੁਣੀਐ ॥

Posted by Harmeet Singh 
What is the case (kaarak) of noun Naam below?

Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Also I believe that the vishraam should be after ਕਥਾ and not after ਨਾਮ as we have heard many times in keertan. Any advice?

What is the case (kaarak) of noun Naam below?

The Kaarak is Karam Kaarak Naav.

Also I believe that the vishraam should be after ਕਥਾ and not after ਨਾਮ as we have heard many times in keertan. Any advice?

Yes, the bishraam should be after Katha and then the meaning would be Har Har Naam roopi Katha nit suniay.

Gurbani is Agam Agaadh Both.

Kulbir Singh
Thank you Bhai sahib jio. I was confused on ਨਾਮ being in Samband Kaarak because of its forming a relation with ਕਥਾ (even though sambandh di is not explicit) or it being in Karam Kaarak because of its relation with verb ਸੁਣੀਐ. Then I thought that the relation with ਸੁਣੀਐ is of noun ਕਥਾ so ਕਥਾ might be in Karam Kaarak but ਨਾਮ might actually be in Sambandh Kaarak.

Any details on why ਨਾਮ is in Karam Kaarak and not Sambandh Kaarak to help me understand will be helpful.
I did not notice that ਨਾਮ does not have an aunkad in the end. With the absence of aunkad in the end of ਨਾਮ, we can derive the meaning of Har Har Naam dee Katha. So in this case, the word ਨਾਮ would be in Sambandh Kaarak and ਕਥਾ in Karam Kaarak. So now the meaning of the Pankiti is Har Har Naam di Katha nit suniye.

What is Naam di Katha? Naam di Katha is Gurbani as it describes Naam. Naam roopi Katha is Naam itself.

Gurbani is Agaam Agaadh Bodh.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login