ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AKJ Kirtani

Posted by Unjaan 
AKJ Kirtani
March 13, 2015 05:26PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression bibian were not allowed to do kirtan in AKJ unless they tied keski, especially in the hazoori of Guru Ji.

Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: AKJ Kirtani
March 13, 2015 10:58PM
Hanjee. Only Panj Kakaar Dhaaranee Gursikhs are allowed to do kirtan at AKJ Samagams.

The above video is not of an AKJ Samagam.
March 13, 2015 11:03PM
The following is this Daas' personal observation. Some Gursikhs may not agree with it. It is not directed towards anyone in particular.

At AKJ Samagams, Gursikhs try their utmost to maintain Maryada in Kirtan Seva, Langar Seva etc. i.e., allowing only those Gursikhs to do Seva who are in good standing as far as their Jeevan and Rehat is concerned.
The same Gursikhs, when holding Samagams at their homes, do not mind if a Bibi without Keski does Kirtan. They do not mind if Degh/Langar is cooked in non sarbloh utensils or any Gursikh wearing pant/pajama sits at Tabiya of Guru Sahib.

My question to them : When you are having Samagam at your home, is it in some other Guru's presence or is it the same Guru who was present at any AKJ Samagam?

Kalgidhar Jee Kirpa Karan.
March 14, 2015 07:14AM
Well said Mohkam Singh jee. Whether KIrtan is at home or outside, if Kirtan Samagam is done under our management, then we should ensure that Gurmat Maryada is upheld. To allow non-Bibekis to do Seva in Guru ka Langar or non-Dastaar wearing Bibis to do Kirtan in Hazoori of Siri Guru Granth Sahib is against Gurmat Maryada.

Kulbir Singh
March 14, 2015 02:45PM
Agree it should be one rule all the time, otherwise compromises lead to a half hearted approach and confusion.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login