ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem of falling asleep during naam abhiyaas

Posted by Sandeep singh 93 
Waheguru ji ka Khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh
Guru payareo! I know it's very common problem among beginner naam abhiyaasi...and m one of them who fall asleep every single day during naam abhiyaas..I feel bad for myself
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Is there any guru da payara who can help me out to over come this problem.
If you have Sri Jap ji Sahib Kanth, try doing in Surti while doing Naam Abhyaas.
Thanwaad Jasjit singh ji..hanjiii japji sahib kanth hai mainu I will try it.
Waheguru ji ka Khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh!
Thanwaad jasjit singh ji,,hanji mainu japji sahib kanth hai I will try it.
Waheguru ji ka Khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh
when the sleep starts coming, stand and do simran.
I don't know your sleep patterns, but if you waste time during the day like I do, maybe it would be good to make some effort towards using that time for more sleep.
Sometime ago, a Naam Abhiasee told me that to overcome sleep at Amritvela, read the following Shabad (preferably aloud) 2-3 times.

It has helped me

[www.sikhitothemax.com]
If one does not sleep well during the night, then it's hard to stay fully alert and awake during Amritvela. Good balanced diet and required sleep is important to progress spiritually, especially in the beginning stages. If one sleeps at 10 or 11 pm, and gets up at 2 am, then how can one do Abhyaas alertly, if one has to go to work or school during the day. So getting required sleep is important.

Second thing is that if one is doing Naam Abhyaas as per Gurmat jugti of Naam Abhyaas, which involves uttering, listening and keeping love and Bairaag while doing Abhyaas, then it's hard to fall asleep.

If one is feeling sleepy, then it's better to do Abhyaas with open eyes, than closed eyes.

Doing Abhyaas with Sangat at Amritvela is very beneficial and it helps beating sleep.

Kulbir Singh
Waheguru ji ka Khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh!
Thanwaad to all guru Payare ,,,Hanjii bhai Kulbir singh jio,,I will try my best to maintain my proper sleeping habit ,but some times when I woke up early then mainu eh lalach hunda hai ki chalo ajj thora saama hor simran kar lavaga..if I will go to bed again then I won't be able to woke up within the time and get late for amrit vela..on the other day I fell sleep at 8pm and guru maharaj woke up at 12:30am then I thought I should sleep for another one and half hour..and went to bed again then I woke up at 4 am. if I wont go to bed and get shower right away and sit for simran then i feel sleepy because of not getting the required sleep..when waheguru ji wakes me up at 2am ,,right after getting proper sleep..then Mann paapi ho janda hai and will ask for another five minutes sleep then i will get up after 2 hours ,,in this way some times I have a very short Amrit vela or miss it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login