ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cricket fever : Is this right ?

Posted by sikh.learner 
Cricket World Cup is going on and I find that all people at my workplace including religious sikhs talking about cricket all the time. If India wins, they go mad and if India looses they start crying .
How shud a Gursikh behave ?
Shud we madly support one country ?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
[www.gurmatbibek.com]
In principle deriving great pleasure (beyond a certain worldly limit) out of sports is anti gurmat. For a Gursikh there should just one predominant thought in his mind, that of Naam/Parmatma/Guru/Gurbani/Maut/Lekha. When someone derives great pleasure like this one is strengthening the illusion, the maya and Naam is lessening.

In my opinion being a fan of one team and getting crazy over its win make you a ਬੁਤ-ਪ੍ਰਸਤ. Now you are worshiping the person, the sports hero/heroes and He is not even a Gursikh!

I recall what Baba Nand Singh ji Kaleran wale once said. Some sevaks were sitting and laughing idly at his asthaan. When he saw them deriving pleasure out of jokes and worldly talk he remarked sharply, "ਮੁਰਦੇ ਹੱਸਦੇ ਨੀ ਹੁੰਦੇ !". Baba ji forbade anyone from idle worldly talk anywhere in his asthaan, just recite Gurbani he said.
The best part of Team India winiing the cricket matches unites us all be it Sikhs,
others who believe in Sikhisam and beyond. it does not feel good if this is shown
and expressed in vulger and crude undertones. This should not be allowed..
naveen
it does not feel good if this is shown
and expressed in vulger and crude undertones. This should not be allowed..

What gave you the slightest bit idea that the above posts "expressed vulgar and crude tones"?

Not caring about cricket or team india's win or lose is nothing abnormal or "vulgar and crude". It's absolutely fine to not care.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login