ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jhatka in Hazoor Sahib

Posted by gagansingh541 
Jhatka in Hazoor Sahib
January 14, 2015 01:22PM
Sangat Jioo,

As we all know that every year during a particular day Jhatka is performed in Hazoor Sahib and also the blood of the Goat is applied to the Shastars? Is this right according to Gurmat? What is the reason behing this? Why do they call it as Maha Prasad?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Jhatka in Hazoor Sahib
January 17, 2015 06:10AM
Adding to it there is one more question. When any non veg food item can cure a disease should it be used just for health?
Preet Kokri jee - which non veg food item can cure a disease?

Wahegurrooo
January 18, 2015 04:21PM
I spoke to a Singh from Hazoor Sahib and he explained that the shastars are hungry, so they need blood.
I think he was implying that shastars need to be used in combat otherwise they are just there doing nothing and that's kinda disrespectful.
He explained that this maryada has been done since the times of baba deep singh, unfortunately I have no sources nor do i know where to look.

One thing he said and I agree is don't focus on these controversy too much they distract you from reading bani and just place hate in your heart.
If you are really want to know for the sake of vidya, try to do the research behind it with accounts and books.
January 19, 2015 05:23PM
Anokhi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I spoke to a Singh from Hazoor Sahib and he
> explained that the shastars are hungry, so they
> need blood.
> I think he was implying that shastars need to be
> used in combat otherwise they are just there doing
> nothing and that's kinda disrespectful.
> He explained that this maryada has been done since
> the times of baba deep singh, unfortunately I have
> no sources nor do i know where to look.
>
> One thing he said and I agree is don't focus on
> these controversy too much they distract you from
> reading bani and just place hate in your heart.
> If you are really want to know for the sake of
> vidya, try to do the research behind it with
> accounts and books.

What a load of codswallop - shasters need blood, why not pierce your own body for blood for those shasters instead killing an innocent animal.

If it was so important they needed blood i am certain Gursikhs would donate blood freely every time its requried for shasters than killing an innocent animal. Against animal rights and anything that is Sikhe - my personal opinion.
January 26, 2015 10:37AM
VJKK VJKF Gagansingh541,

Here's vichaar from Dr. Sukhpreet Singh Udoke regarding your question: Hazoor Sahib Bakrey Di Bali, Dr. Sukhpreet Singh Udoke
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login