ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Akaal Chalana of Bhai Saahib Jeevan Singh jee and Bhai Ajit Singh jee (Delhi)

Posted by Jatinderpal Singh 
Vaaheguroo jee kaa Khaalsaa, Vaaheguroo jee kee fateh!

Yesterday, Bhai Saahib Jeevan Singh jee done Akaal Chalana. Words come short on expressing the loss to Akhand Keertani Jatha and to the wider Panth. The sense of loss being felt worldwide by those who did and did not meet Bhai Saahib is huge. Bhai Saahib's Antim Sanskaar has taken place this morning in Sri Amritsar Saahib. Smagams are taking place worldwide.

Bhai Ajit Singh jee Delhi valay who was lovingly known as "Sarblohi Bhai Ajit Singh jee Keertanee" also done Akaal Chalana two days ago. Bhai Saahib jee was also a sangi saathi of Bhai Saahib Bhai Randhir Singh jee.

Please kindly share memories with Bhai Saahib Jeevan Singh jee and Bhai Ajit Singh jee for the benefit of Sangat jee.

Jatinderpal Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
The loss is immense. Bhai Jeevan Singh did massive parchaar of Sikhi in Western nations. He had been bedridden for than a decade and for this reason the new generation does not know much about him. Bhai Ajit Singh Delhi too was a Sangi-Saathi of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee. Bhai Sahib's companions are leaving this world in an alarming briskness. We should take as much benefit from their presence as possible.

Kulbir Singh

Daas feels very fortunate to see the Vidaiyee of Guru Sahib through his true Sikhs like Bhai Sahib Bhai Jeevan Singh Jee. I would say there is no loss since legacy continue and our Guru is present.

Let's do Ardass before Guru Sahib that you have taken away one more from maatlok Sangat and we can't live without Sangat of such Sikhs. Please send us more.

ਜਦੋਂ ਬੱਚੇ ਕੋਲੋ ਹਰਮਨ ਪਿਆਰੀ ਵਸਤੂ ਖੁੰਝ ਜਾਏ ਤਾਂ ਫਿਰ ਉਹ ਆਪਣੇ ਮਾਤਾ ਪਿਤਾ ਪਾਸੋਂ ਸਿਰਫ ਖੁੰਝ ਹੋਈ ਹੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਸਗੋਂ ਹੋਰ ਜਿਆਦਾ ਦੀ ਮੰਗ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਬੱਚੇ ਦੀ ਬਿਕਲਤਾ ਵੇਖ ਕਈ ਵਾਰ ਤੁਠ ਕੇ ਮਾਤਾ ਪਿਤਾ ਮੰਗ ਪੂਰੀ ਕਰ ਦਿੰਦੇ ਹਨ।

ਆਉ ਆਪਾਂ ਵੀ ਗੁਰਦਦੇਵ ਮਾਤਾ ਗੁਰਦੇਵ ਪਿਤਾ ਤੋਂ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੀ ਯਾਦ ਵਿਚ ਨਾਮ-ਬਾਣੀ ਦਾ ਓਟ ਆਸਰਾ ਲੈਂਦੇ ਹੋਏ ਇਹੀ ਮੰਗ ਕਰੀਏ ਕਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਦੋ ਸਿੰਘਾ ਨੂੰ ਆਪਣੇ ਚਰਨਾਂ 'ਚ ਵਾਪਸ ਲੈ ਗਏ ਹੋ ਹੁਣ ਸਾਨੂੰ ਪੰਜ ਹੋਰ ਬਖਸ਼ੋ। ਸਾਡਾ ਇਸਤੋਂ ਘੱਟ ਗੁਜ਼ਾਰਾ ਨਹੀ ਹੋਣਾ।
ੴਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਿਹ॥

ਹਉ ਬਲਿਹਾਰੀ ਸਾਜਨਾ ਮੀਤਾ ਅਵਰੀਤਾ ॥
ਇਹੁ ਤਨੁ ਜਿਨ ਸਿਉ ਗਾਡਿਆ ਮਨੁ ਲੀਅੜਾ ਦੀਤਾ ॥
ਲੀਆ ਤ ਦੀਆ ਮਾਨੁ ਜਿਨ੍‍ ਸਿਉ ਸੇ ਸਜਨ ਕਿਉ ਵੀਸਰਹਿ ॥
ਜਿਨ੍‍ ਦਿਸਿ ਆਇਆ ਹੋਹਿ ਰਲੀਆ ਜੀਅ ਸੇਤੀ ਗਹਿ ਰਹਹਿ ॥
ਸਗਲ ਗੁਣ ਅਵਗਣੁ ਨ ਕੋਈ ਹੋਹਿ ਨੀਤਾ ਨੀਤਾ ॥
ਹਉ ਬਲਿਹਾਰੀ ਸਾਜਨਾ ਮੀਤਾ ਅਵਰੀਤਾ ॥੨॥

Bhai Sahib Jeevan Singh Jee with his wife Bibi Joginder Kaur Jee in 2002

The news of Bhai Sahib Jeevan Singh jee’s departure for Gurpuri completely shocked me. For myself, and I am sure many other Singhs, Bhai Sahib has always been like an eternal figure in life, somebody who was always there, and although it may sound childish, I never really expected him to leave us. I always felt reassured that Bhai Sahib was there and sadly I now realize that I took that for granted and did not fully appreciate him. Of all the Akaal Chalanas that could have happened, this was the one I least expected. What can any mere mortal like me write about this magnificent Gurmukh Paramhans personality, this special beloved soul of Siri Kalgesh, this parupkari Sant Khalsa, and true faqir?

Bhai Sahib Jeevan Singh jeeo is one of those most rare Gurmukhs that everyone who has ever met or even heard about feels a special relationship with. He made everybody feel special and loved. If you were with Bhai Sahib he would make you feel that you are his most favourite person in the whole world. Bhai Sahib’s astonishing magnetism transcended the bounds of jathebandia and even religion: ਜੋ ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਸੋ ਸਭਨਾ ਕਾ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਹੋਰ ਕੇਤੀ ਝਖਿ ਝਖਿ ਆਵੈ ਜਾਵੈ ॥੧੭॥

Bhai Sahib Jeevan Singh Jee & Bhai Rama Singh Jee UK

I have never met anybody with so many Godly qualities, that too so open and visible for all to see and experience. The Gurbani pangtee ਹਰਿ ਜਨੁ ਐਸਾ ਚਾਹੀਐ ਜੈਸਾ ਹਰਿ ਹੀ ਹੋਇ ॥੧੪੯॥ suits Bhai Sahib perfectly.

A rare photo of Bhai Sahib Jeevan Singh Jee with a Dumalla tied

The doorplate outside of Bhai Sahib's house in Siri Amritsar. ਹੁਣ ਤਾਂ ਸਰੀਰਕ ਤੌਰ ਤੇ ਮਿਲਣ ਦਾ ਸਮਾਂ ਵੀ ਮਿਟ ਗਿਆ ਜੀ, ਪਰ “ਅੰਤਰ ਆਤਮੈ ਜੋ ਮਿਲੈ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਕਹੀਐ ਸੋਇ ॥੩॥”

I’m sure many Singhs worldwide will contribute numerous saakhis, photographs, and memorabilia of Bhai Sahib’s, a detailed biographical jeevan is also being written and should be published as a book in Punjabi and English sometime in the future. However, of utmost importance is to try and understand Bhai Sahib’s Gurmukhi jeevan, it’s only then that we too, Gurprasadi, will be able to try and emulate him on some limited scale in our personal lives. All those qualities that are well-known about Bhai Sahib such as his extreme humility, greatly forgiving nature, exceptional sweetness, and magnanimity [ਨਿਵਣੁ ਸੁ ਅਖਰੁ ਖਵਣੁ ਗੁਣੁ ਜਿਹਬਾ ਮਣੀਆ ਮੰਤੁ ॥; ਮਿਠਾ ਬੋਲਨ ਨਿਵ ਚਲਣੁ ਹਥਹੁ ਦੇ ਕੈ ਭਲਾ ਮਨਾਏ॥ ] did not just materialize spontaneously. With the kirpa of Satguru Jee he did many hard years of Gurmat Naam Abhiyaas Kamayee, Gurbani paath-kirtan, rehit-bibek, and seva. Then as written in the Gurvaak: ਅਉਗਣ ਸਭਿ ਮਿਟਾਇ ਕੈ ਪਰਉਪਕਾਰੁ ਕਰੇਇ ॥੩॥ he did the true parupkaar of ਆਪਿ ਜਪਹੁ ਅਵਰਹ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਾਵਹੁ ॥ by inspiring thousands globally to become Sikhs by taking Khande-ki-pahul and receiving Amrit Naam from Panj Pyaare, adopting Siri Guru Granth Sahib Jee as their Guru, and then themselves chanting the True Naam.

A frame with the Gurbani pangtee ਹਮ ਨਹੀ ਚੰਗੇ ਬੁਰਾ ਨਹੀ ਕੋਇ ॥ that Bhai Sahib kept in his house. He not only kept this on display, he enshrined it in his heart.

ਹੰਉ ਵਾਰੀ ਹੰਉ ਵਾਰੀ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਮੀਤ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਰਾਮ ॥

ਭੁਲਾਂ ਚੁਕਾਂ ਦੀ ਖਿਮਾ ਜੀਉ ।
Vaheguru!

What a great legacy Bhai Jeevan Singh jee leaves behind. I wasn't fortunate to have a personal relationship with Bhai Sahib as a lot of others around the world did, but seeing their Noor Bhariya Hoeya Chehra always brings joy to the heart. After Bhai Sahib passing everyone who was personally touched by them is sharing their love for Bhai Sahib, and it really is amazing how many people have a personal relationship with Bhai Sahib.

Benti to everyone who knew him to share their stories and personal experiences.

Preetam Singh

I know the following attempt at putting my personal feelings in words for Bhai Jeevan Singh jee will not be enough. Whilst there is a great sense of loss around us all, there is a very strong current of love, gratitude and an enormous feeling of humility that we were so blessed to have had sangat of such a Gursikh in our life time.

My recollection of dates is vivid but I remember doing darshan of Bhai Jeevan Singh jee in the early 2000’s. Coming from a non-Amritdhari family, there wasn’t any guidance in regards to where to go. I happened to end up at a Raensbhayee by total luck and it was there that I first experienced a Jatha Raensbhayee and had darshan of Bhai Saahib. I was overwhelmed with the beauty of Jatha as soon as I stepped in and this amazement was yet to shape the rest of my life. After matha-tekhing in Darbar and as I turned around to be seated, I had darshan of Bhai Saahib for the first time. I stood still staring and wondering who I was seeing before me. Bhai Saahib was sat with eyes closed adorned in surmayee dastaara with Khanda and chakkar, robed in bana with sarblohi mala’s around chest and wrists, with this ever so bright but calming light shining from him. Various thoughts flooded my mind and I wondered who this ever so handsome Gursikh could be. Bhai Saahib later done Keertan and the anand I experienced there was the first of its kind. I can say I haven’t experienced such anand ever again. Coming from a non-Amritdhari family and having undergone an Amrit Sinchaar in which I felt incomplete and still empty, I was experiencing a great deal of comfort and familiarity during the Amrit Varkha of Akhand Keertan. Later that night, Bhai Saahib sat in a room and did Nitnem and Keertan of Sri Asa Kee Vaar followed. Bhai Saahib and Bibi jee (Bhai Saahib’s Singhnee) showered me with so much love as though I was their own child and as if we had met before. This point is undeniable that whoever Bhai Saahib met, Bhai Saahib radiated so much love and humility that he won hearts of everyone. Upon leaving, I again met Bhai Saahib in the johRa ghar and to my amazement; Bhai Saahib was doing jhoReya dee seva. There was also a Jatha book stall at its side. I took home Jail Chitian and Ranglay Sajjan and it changed my life forever.

After this point, I was never fortunate enough to see Bhai Saahib in England again but I made regular trips to Punjab and darshan of Sri Harmandar Saahib jee always concluded with darshan of Bhai Saahib. I recall it being perharps in 2003 that I visited Bhai saahib at their residence for the first time. A Singh from Gurdaspur was accompanying me. I had peshed in a Jatha Amrit Sinchaar by this point and by great mercy of Vaaheguroo jee I had adopted the rehit of Sarbloh bibek. Bhai Saahib was in good speaking order then and asked me to recite Jap Jee Saahib. Bhai Saahib followed by reciting various shabads and loudly doing Gurmantar abhiyaas whilst holding me tight. I can’t begin to write what I was feeling during that moment. Bhai Saahib kept trying to touch my sinful feet and out of pure love, kept lifting my chola to his forehead to which I stood up upon failing to reach Bhai Saahib’s feet. Bhai Saahib asked for a Bibi jee there to bring mangoes. The mangoes came washed in a steel plate with a steel knife but Bhai Saahib from a distance, with a huge smile on his face, tapped his Sarblohi Kara. The Bibi jee returned again but this time with a baata and Sarblohi knife. To say I was astonished would be an understatement.

Fortunately, I have had the opportunity to travel to Punjab frequently and have had darshan of Bhai Saahib accordingly. Whenever I went, there was never a moment I saw Bhai Saahib sitting or laying down without the phone to his ear listening to Paath from Gursikhs around the world or without Keertan playing on the stereo or on the television from Sri Darbar Saahib.

During the Akaal Chalana of Bhai Surat Singh jee (Pooran jee) in December 2008, I witnessed the most memorable moment of Bhai Jeevan Singh jee during his gaze at Pooran jee during the antim darshan. It was as if though some last spiritual moments were taking place with Bhai Saahib’s eyes full of tears. That was a moment never to be forgotten.

I was fortunate to do darshan of Bhai Saahib during my last visit to Punjab last March of 2014 and I felt like it would be the last for me. Alas, we all received the news of Bhai Saahib’s going to Gurpuri yesterday evening (GMT time). Words all fall short for my love and appreciation of Bhai Saahib but I know that Bhai Saahib’s worth was known to all around the world. There is no one that doesn’t know the name of Bhai Jeevan Singh jee and his Jeevan will be forever an inspiration and tale for many generations to come. Dhan are those who knew Bhai Saahib on a more personal level and enjoyed sangat of such a humble and Naam rassiyan Gursikh. It is so comforting that so many recordings of Bhai Saahib’s Akhand Keertan are available and will be treasured along with the countless Gurmat filled memories. Who can replace Bhai Saahib today having done the immense Gurmat parchaar around the world? He lit up darkened lives of falling people and connected them to Shabad Guroo and not to himself.

ਭੁਲ ਚੁਕ ਦੀ ਖਿਮਾ ਜੀ,
Jatinderpal Singh
Waheguru Jee! It's heart touching. Please share more of the experiences with Bhai Sahib Jee.
Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji ki Fateh

I have never met this Gursikh but I am sure with all the experince you guys had after meeting him , i was unfortunate to miss his Darshan. Waheguru jee sanu v apne charna kamla naal jodan..Dhan Bhai Jeevan Singh jioo

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji ki Fateh
Vaheguru!

Thank you Bhai Jatinderpal Singh jee for sharing your experiences with Bhai Jeevan Singh jee.

Preetam Singh
This has come as a total shock. I wanted to meet him all my life and was always scared that I would miss the opportunity as his sareer was getting more and more birdh. But somehow, by Guru Sahib's kirpa I got a chance to meet him on Dec 24th, exactly 2 weeks before the day he did Akal Chalana. We were told he hasn't been able to speak clearly for some 2 years, and that he was 93, and communicates only via signals. But he did take a good look at us very carefully, and after a while he giggled, that was a priceless moment! Since he didn't move at all, I had to hug him sideways as he lay down. He giggled again looking straight into my face which I took as a blessing. He didn't say anything to us at all, not a single word, just blessed us via his look and laugh.

Guru Sahib kirpa karan!
Vaheguru, very sad.

Pics and Videos on Facebook

Some newly uploaded Akhand Keertan videos of Bhai Saahib Jeevan Singh jee from Delhi smagam 1997:

Delhi Smagam 1997 G: Sis Ganj Saahib

Delhi Smagam 1997, G: Bangla Saahib

Delhi Smagam 1997, Dev Nagar Raensbhayee Keertan

Laha laho jee.

Jatinderpal Singh
Waheguroojikakhalsa
Waheguroojikifatehjiii..

I heard about Bhai jeevan Singh daarji from my mother as she is from Patna Sahib and she has learned Keertan and Gurbaani Santhya from daarji...she told me about daarji's ucha sucha jeevan and i got curious to have his Darshan...

The fisrt time i had darshan of daarji from far away at AKJ Delhi Samagam 2009 at the end of Rein Sabai keertan...i even remember the shabad daarji recited that time ...it was..."Poota maata ki aasees|| Nimakh na bisro'n tum kau har har, sda bhajo jagdeesh ||.."...His voice was really amazing like that of a "Koyal".

And after that...whenever guru sahib ji took me to Harmandir Sahib, Amritsar...my journey used to be concluded with darshan of Bhai jeevan Singh daarjii...when i used to shar fateh with daarji, he used to shower his love on me...by keeping his hand on my dastaar...and then hold my hand ...and i used to start reciting baanis like choupai shb, japjee sahib, Ramkali ki waar...nd other small small baanies..and till then daarji kept on holding my hand..I cannot even explain the vibrations i used to feel at that time...

May Guru sahib ji bless us with more Gursikhs like Bhai jeevan Singh Daarjii...
Waheguroojikakhalsa
Waheguroojikifatehjiii..

This Pamphlet was distributed on Bhai Jeevan Singh daarji's Antim Ardaas Samagam held at Amritsar. Really worth reading..

plz download them and then read.

Waheguroojikakhalsa
Waheguroojikifatehjiii..
WOW - talk about lessons - this needs to redone in English asap
Kirtan direct from Sachkhand

1970's Bhai Jeevan Singh Ji
VJKK VJKF

Experience with Bhai Sahib during the 80's when they were in my town:

1. First encoutner was Bhai sahib always was wanting to meet my father quite often and always paid a visit when they came to our town, I was about 14-15 at that time and to be honest was not into sikhe or had taken amrit. I was into bhangra type music and one day was listening to it with headphones on and hadnt realsied Bhai sahib was downstairs came to meet my father. They asked my father about me and came upstairs to my room while i was listening to vulgar music headphones full blast -and doing my homework, they tapped on my shoulder - i looked around and they smiled at me - i was astounded switched off the music quickly took the headphone off their words to me were " kee aap keertan sunn rahee hoo?" - from that day onwards i got rid of vulgar music from my life.

2. fast forward a decade later my father passes away - bhai sahib was up north in the UK - and upon finding out made a mission to pop down and see me , showered their love which offered me hope and support. we did amritvela they encouraged us to do nitnem. At amirtvela it was as if bhai sahib was reborn - so much energy so much enthusiasm for simran.

3. Pyiaar - i clearly remember the back hall after a keertan prograame rehansbahi at least 100 singhs doing naam jafee with bhai sahib in the middle like a magnet. After amrit vela they would ask me to give them a life to the Gurdwara while all other singhs would go home or go to work.One day as dropping of bhai Sahib at the Gurdwara i said i will come in too, we both entered the Gurdwara- soon as Bhai sahib entered the entrance bhai sahib would stop to listen to the shabad beng sung and then take there shoes off, indicating that first line being heard is of relevance of your own communication with Guru sahib.

5. When bhai sahib would hear singhs talking at any gathering - they would remain quite and never involve themselves in detailed discussion. Singhs would give money to bhai sahib outside of smagams - Bhai sahib would reject it not even touch it. Once at amritvela after naam abyiaas bhai sahib wanted soem singhs to start nitnem and 3 singhs refused to do so - Bhai sahib gave the gutka to their singhnee to start nitnem - they never asked those singhs why they refused to do nitem - such was Bhai sahib's humility unbeleivable.

Bhai was a pure gem in the panth - and reading experiences here and at other sites - it reinvorgates their presence within and their mission was "aap japee avaraa naam japavoo" - parchar by a living example with their sweet short words of wisdom & Chardee kala
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login