ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Font for half Yaeeya used as foot symbol in Gurbani?

Posted by JASJIT SINGH 
I was looking for half Yaeeya font that comes underneath of many Gurbani words. Most of the printed Saroop available these days uses mirrored foot Haha (image 1) to denote the half Yaeeya, which doesn't seems to be correct. They are keep printing mirrored foot Haha may be because of that is the way it started out in early days of printing.

Image 1

However, I find that in some books their publishers could print it correctly (image 2).

Image 2

Problem is font of this half Yaeeya is not avaible in Gurbanilipi font set that I have. While typing the best I can get is as shown below:

Image 3

Questions:

1. Does anyone know if the same font as image 2 is available in a different Gurbanilipi or in other Punjabi fonts? I guess now a days book publishers use word fonts for typing, do they have it? If not how they could print?

2. Does image 3 Yaheeya has any other effect on pronunciation. Although it shouldn't be but still want to be sure.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Finally Daas could type correct foot yaiya:

Vaah Vaah!
Waheguru Je De Gunn Dee Kee Tasveer Pesh Keetee Hai Bhatt Jee Ne Is Tuk Vich!
Bhai sahib please do kirpa on us as well. How did you manage to get it right? What font have you used jio?
There are couple of ways to get there but I chose the way I feel is easy for me.The Font is called AnmolUni available on Kulbir Singh Thind's website. Also you have to install a Unicode Punjabi keyboard software to insert this symbol in Unicode/non-Unicode fonts. I will post the steps soon.
Here are the steps:

First install AnmolUni.ttf from [gurbanifiles.org]

Please email me your address, I will forward you Punjabi keyboard package. Then follow below:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login