ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So, when we should celebrate POH SUDI SAPTAMI GUPURAB ?

Posted by Ravinder.Singh 
So after all those lengthy discussions, what is decided?
On which English date Poh Sudi Saptami is falling?
kado manaiye pyare ji da gupurab?

Ravinder Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
We are going to be celebrating it on Poh Sudi Saptami i.e. December 28th, 2014. And most probably we may opt to celebrate all Gurpurabs in 2015 as per the traditional calender - Bikrami. We totally feel wrong celebrating them as per the calender prepared by Purewal as it does not have accurate dates. Rest is up to Singhs. Whatever they say.

Kulbir Singh
Calender science seems bit complex and confusing but its nothing in front of our singhs who are smart enough to formulate and calculate dates as per the old times, like the times of BhaiSahibJee. My benti is to the singhs of Gurmat Bibek Vidhyala and other man mailee singhs to put efforts to find out the english dates of parmukh gurpurabs so we can celebrate them in high spirits. We have full faith on you and we'll accept the dates whole heartedly.

Ravinder Singh
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We are going to be celebrating it on Poh Sudi
> Saptami i.e. December 28th, 2014. And most
> probably we may opt to celebrate all Gurpurabs in
> 2015 as per the traditional calender - Bikrami.
> We totally feel wrong celebrating them as per the
> calender prepared by Purewal as it does not have
> accurate dates. Rest is up to Singhs. Whatever
> they say.
>
> Kulbir Singh

Rightly said. Poh suddi satmi falls on Dec 28. I have seen some historical texts about mention of guru Gobind singh's birthday.Most of those mention poh suddi satmi and year of birth.

It was wrong on Purewal's part to fix Jan 5 as birthdate of Guru sahib once for all per his solar calendar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login