ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

power of subconscious mind and concept of ardas

Posted by preet kokri 
Is there complete similarity in subconscious mind power and power of prayer? Please clarify the similarity and differences. All the matter raised in mind after reading a book of Joseph Murphy about power of subconscious mind.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Murphy's books the power of subconscious and many other books on this subject written by new age philosophy writers are all a form a atheism in my opinion. They prompt you to rely more on your own subconscious power than on Vaheguru's Daya. I have read these philosophies very deeply over many years and while they seemed very attractive and promising, they put a negative effect on our relationship with Vaheguru jee. At this time, I am short on time but if there is time after a couple of weeks, an article will be written on this subject. These philosophies all seem to be part of "Sahas Siaanapa", nothing else.

Some people have kamaaee which they use to get some wishes granted and they think they have done so through they own mind power while others who don't have kamaaee and karams from past, can do as much imagery or positive thinking or whatever else this books tells you to do and it would still not work. For a Sikh, all we want is asked and begged from Vaheguru jee. No other siyaanap.

Kulbir Singh
Bhai Kulbir Singh jee is 100% correct - , having also read some of this material - they don't preach on the higher power that has created the conscious in the first place.

"Jor naah surtee gian veechar"

Most of Gurbani tells us to do sangrash with the mind -- "Munn hee naal jahgraa, munn hee naal musclut"

not to use it for material wealth - for Gurmukhs who do such sangarsh " Gurmuk karee nit jung" with the mind the material weatlh or whatever
he/she needs is not only fullfilled but the Gurmukh stays still in the mind and picks only what he/she needs doesnt come under the influence of greed.

Think about Bhai Lehanaa jee when he went to Guru Nanak dev jee, he had to do seva for almost 7 years before had to build a wall in the night in the rain. Guru Nanak dev jee sikhe is Sikhee dhan daa vishaaa kill the mind - not to prepare and build your ego or any higher mind or conscious self. It is until the word I doesn't exist.

What about Bhai Jetha Jee had to do seva for 22 years!!!! on instructions of Guru sahib jee.

If they wanted to give that power and material wealth or naam jugtee , or some other power . they could have given it in couple of days - ask yourself why all that hard work decades of hard work???

going back to the question - Is there complete similarity in subconscious mind power and power of prayer?

simple answer = two different issues and topics.

I may have not understood your question please elaborate if that is the case.
I agree with Kulbir Singh ji.

- Vaheguru created everything, this universe, seen, unseen, the materials, the life forms, the rules of physical world, the rules of ethereal worlds, EVERYTHING.

- What we humans do is that we gradually 'discover' these rules and use it to our benefit.

-same is the case with our mind. We can train our mind and attain power. This might look innocent and legitimate (and it might be) but we have to be careful. After all what is ridhhi and siddhi other than mind-powers?

- the reason why Guru ji deprecated ridhi sidhi is that it strengthen the ego of our mind. It makes us feel that WE are powerful, and that WE are doing the things that are happening.

- but Gurbani teaches us that whatever happens is ultimately under the HUKAM of Vaheguru.

-One has to ask oneself, what would one rather have, some mind-power or a bhagat-relationship with Vaheguru, who is the ACTUAL giver of all the boons?

- If we do something, while reminding ourself that Vaheguru is the ultimate doer, then we would be safe and in line with Gurmat.

- When we rely of Naam, everything falls in line by itself. The sub-conscious would be trained by itself, and our ego shall be in line with gurmat too.

- So if you need something, ask from Vaheguru. Ask persistently and He shall give.
ਸੋਚੈ ਸੋਚਿ ਨ ਹੋਵਈ ਜੇ ਸੋਚੀ ਲਖ ਵਾਰ ॥

ਸਹਸ ਸਿਆਣਪਾ ਲਖ ਹੋਹਿ ਤ ਇਕ ਨ ਚਲੈ ਨਾਲਿ ॥

ਸਿਧਾ ਪੁਰਖਾ ਕੀਆ ਵਡਿਆਈਆ ॥

Sidhhaa Purakhaa Keeaa Vaddiaaeeaa ||

ਤੁਧੁ ਵਿਣੁ ਸਿਧੀ ਕਿਨੈ ਨ ਪਾਈਆ ॥

Thudhh Vin Sidhhee Kinai N Paaeeaa ||

So preet kokri Jee these question arise only when we don't know his power. Subconscious mind power /this fragile body/whole creation is

Creator's doing. My ignorance/duality shows my weakness/ineptness. Creator's cannot be describes nor can his unlimited powers with our limited brain.

Once the inner eye opens than if and buts disappear. Amazing, wonderful journey begins, with all due respect.....have faith.

Rab Rakha.
What should we do if we need some material things to bring family peace. How to do ardas I know nothing.
Well do path with translation-online or pothi sahib jee has all the meanings. Please try to Focus & do simran. Do ardas with your heart every morning when you get up & before you go to sleep. As far as material things (maya) hmm...best ardas is to ask for Naam but its upto you what you want, surrender yourself to Guru. Thank Vaheguru for giving human life, relatives & all other things.........do simran walking sitting, eating, all the time.....ask for sarbat the well being. Thank God all the time.....Rab rakha.....my humble opinion rest Kulbir singh jee might know better..........the answer is in your name.....do preet with Vaheguru......
preet kokri
What should we do if we need some material things to bring family peace. How to do ardas I know nothing.

Gurpreet Singh Jeeo, in the house of Guru Nanak Sahib there is no qualms regarding earning for your daily necessities. That is why we have principle of "Kirat Karo". Earn and fulfill that befits your family need but peace will never come if the needs turn into greed.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
preet kokri Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What should we do if we need some material things
> to bring family peace. How to do ardas I know
> nothing.

I'm sorry but this is just the ignorance of moh and weakness........it's all about maya and it's bonds.

The only ardas should be for forgiveness of our own paaps and wrongdoings.
Waheguru knows everything else with regards to our needs and requirements..''Vin boliyan sabh kivj jaanda''

When you have broken the 'bandans' ofmoh and maya..then you are more closer to being in true hukam.
In true hukam ...you are the closest to truth as can be...............Then why would you ask for material things ?

The ardas on waheguru's lotus feet is for his welcome with open arms and to be in his sanctuary. You can only get to his lotus feet/ charan once you have broken the bonds in maya.
Please write a detailed article on this.

The power of our own mind vs kirpa of Waheguru
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login