ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dargahi Ticket

Posted by ekdaas 
Dargahi Ticket
November 22, 2014 04:34PM
Dargahi Ticket by Baba Nand Singh Jee:
Hundreds of crores of Sri Guru Granth Sahib's paths were thus distributed as the most blessed Parshad to millions of devotees in His life time and are continuing uninterrupted since then.

I found this very helpful, but everyone has to see for themselves:

Complete recitation of the whole of Sri Guru Granth Sahib in a month.
Complete 50 paths of Sri Sukhmani Sahib in a month; recite 2 paths of Sri Sukhmani Sahib daily.
Complete 250 paths of Jap Ji Sahib in a month; recite 10 paths of JapJi Sahib daily.
Complete 180 Malas (Rosary Mala of 108 beads) of Mool Mantra (from Ekonkar to Nanak Hosi Bhi Such) in a month; do six malas daily.
Complete 80 Malas daily of Gur Mantar 'Waheguru'; 20 Malas of Waheguru if the Nam is recited four times on each bead.
Hindus:Complete 160 Malas daily of Ram (Nam); 40 Malas if Ram is recited four times on each bead
A Mohammedan was advised to practice and recite the name of Allah on each bead as above.

Thanks.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Dargahi Ticket
November 22, 2014 10:12PM
ਧੰਨ ਹਨ ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਸੰਤ ਜਨ
November 23, 2014 11:02AM
Dargahi ticket by Sant Kaleran wale......Really worthwhile to try & be near God. Ultimate goal of all human beings.
November 24, 2014 12:12AM
[www.youtube.com]
December 13, 2014 08:55PM
Sherrsinghaz jee -Thanks for the utube.....
December 15, 2014 03:18PM
ਮਃ ੪ ॥ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸੇਤੀ ਗਣਤ ਜਿ ਰਖੈ ਹਲਤੁ ਪਲਤੁ ਸਭੁ ਤਿਸ ਕਾ ਗਇਆ ॥
December 15, 2014 06:06PM
Bhagatjot Singh jeeo, please elaborate a bit more as to what you are saying by posting this Pankiti.

Kulbir Singh
December 15, 2014 06:21PM
I can see how my posting of this Panktee could possibly be taken as negative in attitude towards the original post so I am glad Bhai Sahib has reminded me to elaborate.
Thanks for the reminder Bhai Kulbir Singh jee.

We can see from the details shared here, the Kamayee of Baba Nand Singh jee is Mahaan and Salaahn-jog. No doubt about this..

While having said this, I feel that counting paaths or maalay can be a slippery slope for a Gursikh. In weak minds like my own, it can lead to getting haumai by seeing a numerical amounts of paaths completed and feeling accomplished. Weak minds like my own also may fall into a trap of seeing a numerical "goal" reached in a day by counting the number of paaths completed and start to have aalasi thoughts like, "okay, i've done my quota for the day, enough for now."

I guess I just don't see the point in counting, the loving relationship with Guru jee should be limitless and countless. As gursikhs, we are to do as much as Paath as possible every day; our minimums are prescribed by our Rehat Maryada and there is no limit to how many we should be doing, be-antt and dam-ba-dam -bani/naam abhyaas is the goal. Maybe you can share how this can be beneficial Bhai Sahib jee and I can learn something new.

Bhul chuk khimaa karnee
December 15, 2014 06:47PM

While having said this, I feel that counting paaths or maalay can be a slippery slope for a Gursikh. In weak minds like my own, it can lead to getting haumai by seeing a numerical amounts of paaths completed and feeling accomplished. Weak minds like my own also may fall into a trap of seeing a numerical "goal" reached in a day by counting the number of paaths completed and start to have aalasi thoughts like, "okay, i've done my quota for the day, enough for now."

There comes a stage when counting becomes irrelevant because Gursikhs in this advance stage do Naam Simran or Gurbani Paath ceaselessly but before reaching this spiritual state, it has been seen as very beneficial to have some minimum target of Gurbani Paaths and Naam Simran. As for getting Haume by doing certain amount of Paaths, if one does get haume for doing x amount of Paaths, then the solution is not to stop meeting the target but the solution is to explain to oneself that whatever Paath or Naam Seva one is doing is purely because of Kirpa of Guru Sahib. Some people don't wear Baana saying that they get Haume by wearing Baana and same way some people don't carry Shasters or Sarbloh adornments on Dastaar fearing they would get Haume. The solution to Haume is not that we should do less Paath or not wear Baana.

Setting a minimum Nitnem (which should be much more than your 7 Baanis) is perfectly in accordance to Gurmat and as the matter of fact it's necessary for spiritual advancement. All Gurmukh Pyare who reached high spiritual states, started off with counting Paaths and setting targets. Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee has written that in order to get the mind to do Naam Simran, he used to set goal of doing certain amount of Mala of Naam Abhyaas. Sant Attar Singh Mastuanewale too set goals of Paaths and he reached Dasam Duaari state by doing 125,000 Siri Jap jee Sahib Paaths. He used to do 175 Siri Jap jee Sahibs a day. He would gather small stones and sit by the bank of river Godavari and at the end of each Paath he would throw a stone in Godavari. This is how he kept his count.

Doing a certain amount of Paaths a day, on top of your regular 7 Baani Nitnem is extremely beneficial but this benefit can be realized only when one does it. Before actually doing this in practical sense, one can never realize the greatness of it. All I can say is Bhai Kar ke dekho. Do 25 Siri Jap jee Sahibs or 5 Siri Sukhmani Sahibs to begin with and then see how your spiritual state will be after some weeks. You can increase the Paaths or add other Baanis as your Paaths gets faster in Surti.

I guess I just don't see the point in counting, the loving relationship with Guru jee should be limitless and countless. As gursikhs, we are to do as much as Paath as possible every day; our minimums are prescribed by our Rehat Maryada and there is no limit to how many we should be doing, be-antt and dam-ba-dam -bani/naam abhyaas is the goal.

This is all philosophy of the mind. The Dam-ba-Dam Avastha will come after doing Paaths with counting. Of course there are exceptions but for the most part and for most Gursikhs, that Avastha comes by setting minimum targets.

Guru Sahib knows better.

Kulbir Singh
December 15, 2014 06:56PM
Satbachan jee
December 15, 2014 08:29PM
What Bhai Kulbir Singh jee said is 100% correct.

ਅਹਿਨਿਸਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਹੁ ਰੇ ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀ ਮੈਲੇ ਹਛੇ ਹੋਹੀ ॥੩॥

Ahinis Naam Japahu Rae Praanee Mailae Hashhae Hohee ||3||

More I pray, more I vibrate....

ਹਉਮੈ ਦੀਰਘ ਰੋਗੁ ਹੈ ਦਾਰੂ ਭੀ ਇਸੁ ਮਾਹਿ ॥

Houmai Dheeragh Rog Hai Dhaaroo Bhee Eis Maahi

The only thing I would say is Bhagatjot Singh jee please try than come and let us know.
December 17, 2014 11:20AM
Vjkk Vjkf

Guru pyare jeeo,

Just a humble opinion here of this keera, so many times we pick a line and tak it out of context therefore the need for further questions arise and debates go on for ever and ever. I suggest or request it would be more suffice to use the whole shabad for the context of the meaning of that line Bhagatjot Singh jee has quoted. Please have a read of the whole shabad and the loose english transaltion and upon your reading, i doubt if there could be any doubts left as originally mentioned in this thread. It's the relationship in general as an overall which is the issue. And i also think that is true in all realtionships if its' only for one's own selfish desire then those relations end up in tears and can never ever be fruiful.

ਮਃ ੪ ॥ मः ४ ॥ Mėhlā 4. Fourth Mehl:
ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸੇਤੀ ਗਣਤ ਜਿ ਰਖੈ ਹਲਤੁ ਪਲਤੁ ਸਭੁ ਤਿਸ ਕਾ ਗਇਆ ॥
One who enters into a calculated relationship with the True Guru loses everything, this world and the next.

ਨਿਤ ਝਹੀਆ ਪਾਏ ਝਗੂ ਸੁਟੇ ਝਖਦਾ ਝਖਦਾ ਝੜਿ ਪਇਆ ॥
He grinds his teeth continually and foams at the mouth; screaming in anger, he perishes.

ਨਿਤ ਉਪਾਵ ਕਰੈ ਮਾਇਆ ਧਨ ਕਾਰਣਿ ਅਗਲਾ ਧਨੁ ਭੀ ਉਡਿ ਗਇਆ ॥
He continually chases after Maya and wealth, but even his own wealth flies away.

ਕਿਆ ਓਹੁ ਖਟੇ ਕਿਆ ਓਹੁ ਖਾਵੈ ਜਿਸੁ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਸਹਸਾ ਦੁਖੁ ਪਇਆ ॥
What shall he earn, and what shall he eat? Within his heart, there is only cynicism and pain.

ਨਿਰਵੈਰੈ ਨਾਲਿ ਜਿ ਵੈਰੁ ਰਚਾਏ ਸਭੁ ਪਾਪੁ ਜਗਤੈ ਕਾ ਤਿਨਿ ਸਿਰਿ ਲਇਆ
One who hates the One who has no hatred, shall bear the load of all the sins of the world on his head.

ਓਸੁ ਅਗੈ ਪਿਛੈ ਢੋਈ ਨਾਹੀ ਜਿਸੁ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਨਿੰਦਾ ਮੁਹਿ ਅੰਬੁ ਪਇਆ ॥
He shall find no shelter here or hereafter; his mouth blisters with the slander in his heart.

ਜੇ ਸੁਇਨੇ ਨੋ ਓਹੁ ਹਥੁ ਪਾਏ ਤਾ ਖੇਹੂ ਸੇਤੀ ਰਲਿ ਗਇਆ ॥
. If gold comes into his hands, it turns to dust.

ਜੇ ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਸਰਣੀ ਫਿਰਿ ਓਹੁ ਆਵੈ ਤਾ ਪਿਛਲੇ ਅਉਗਣ ਬਖਸਿ ਲਇਆ ॥
. But if he should come again to the Sanctuary of the Guru, then even his past sins shall be forgiven.

ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇਆ ਹਰਿ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਕਿਲਵਿਖ ਪਾਪ ਗਇਆ ॥੨॥

||2|| Servant Nanak meditates on the Naam, night and day. Remembering the Lord in meditation, wickedness and sins are erased. ||2||

ਪਉੜੀ ॥

ਤੂਹੈ ਸਚਾ ਸਚੁ ਤੂ ਸਭ ਦੂ ਉਪਰਿ ਤੂ ਦੀਬਾਣੁ ॥
You are the Truest of the True; Your Regal Court is the most exalted of all.

ਜੋ ਤੁਧੁ ਸਚੁ ਧਿਆਇਦੇ ਸਚੁ ਸੇਵਨਿ ਸਚੇ ਤੇਰਾ ਮਾਣੁ ॥
Those who meditate on You, O True Lord, serve the Truth; O True Lord, they take pride in You.

ਓਨਾ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਸਚੁ ਮੁਖ ਉਜਲੇ ਸਚੁ ਬੋਲਨਿ ਸਚੇ ਤੇਰਾ ਤਾਣੁ ॥
Within them is the Truth; their faces are radiant, and they speak the Truth. O True Lord, You are their strength.

ਸੇ ਭਗਤ ਜਿਨੀ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸਾਲਾਹਿਆ ਸਚੁ ਸਬਦੁ ਨੀਸਾਣੁ ॥
Those who, as Gurmukh, praise You are Your devotees; they have the insignia and the banner of the Shabad, the True Word of God.

ਸਚੁ ਜਿ ਸਚੇ ਸੇਵਦੇ ਤਿਨ ਵਾਰੀ ਸਦ ਕੁਰਬਾਣੁ ॥੧੩॥
||13|| I am truly a sacrifice, forever devoted to those who serve the True Lord. ||13||
December 17, 2014 12:28PM
From my understanding, for beginners having a fixed amount of Paaths or Malas to do daily is a good way to make it a habit. It all depends on your Kamaee. For the very advanced Abhyasis who have a lot of Kamaee, they do abhyas HarDham. It becomes second nature to them. When many Mahapursh advise to beginners to dedicate 1/10 of their daily time towards Bhagti, it is very useful for those people because then those people have a daily goal they can work towards. As they advance, those same people will feel 1/10 is not enough and so they will increase their Paaths and Naam Abhyas.

In the beginning no one does Bhagti 24/7 unless you have Kamaee from previous Janams or if you have Satsang of a Kamaee wala GurSikh which can help you towards that goal. In the beginning having a daily routine and increasing your Kamaee steadily is the way towards that goal like filling a bowl of water drop by drop eventually it will be filled.
December 21, 2014 03:34PM
After baani starts doing ASAR by Guru Kirpa as nothing happens without Vaheguru's kirpa. One has to do certain amount of paath to taste subtle essence of God. Body has to vibrate in order to churn out Amrit,

ਅਮਰੁ ਹੋਵੈ ਜੋ ਨਾਮ ਰਸੁ ਪਾਵੈ ॥
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login