ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Amrit Velaa and Naam Simran

Posted by mkaur14 
Amrit Velaa and Naam Simran
September 29, 2014 09:49PM
VaahegurooJeeKaaKhalsa VaahegurooJeeKeeFateh.

I am a university student and I live in an apartment with four other people. I share my room with two of them and only one has been given Vidhi of Naam by Panj Piaaray. We were given Amrit together and we do our Amrit Velaa together also. The third roommate, who is also Amritdhaaree, isn't currently with us and she has not been given Naam. My question is whether it is okay for us to do Naam Simran in front of her as we cannot do it with her (please correct me if I am wrong). I am also in another dilemma because we cannot do Naam Simran outside our room because the other two house mates that we have are not Amritdhaaree and one of them is not of the Sikh faith. Sangat Jee, it is a humble bentee that you please guide my sister and I in the right direction.

VaahegurooJeeKaaKhalsa VaahegurooJeeKeeFateh.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Amrit Velaa and Naam Simran
September 30, 2014 04:35AM
You are asking that whether you should do naam abhiyaas in front of non amrithdari or not? Then what if you did so? She also starts doing naam abhiyaas,thats why you are not doing abhiyaas In front of her .And that can be the only blissful impact of naam abhiyaas.If you watch smeone doing naam Abhiyaas vigrously what Will be your reaction?You got motivated to jaap more naam by watching that person .

Gurbani states it
iqnw dyiK min cwau auTMdw hau kid pweI guxqwsw

This can be the only impact on the others if they watch others doing naam abhiyaas .You should just jaap naam and don't care what others say.Because may be for them you are doing wrong but you knows that what you are doing.

In nutshell do naam abhiyaas with amrithdarees and also do with non amrithdaree may be their slept mind got awake.

Aap Japoh Avraay Naam Japavoh.

Bhul chuk maaf ji.
September 30, 2014 08:35AM
If doing Naam Abhyaas with Gurmat Swaas Swaas Jugti, then it's best to do it with like-rehit Gursikhs as opposed to ones who don't know about Naam Abhyaas. As for the non-Amritdhari room mates living outside of your room, surely you should not do it with them but if you are doing Naam Abhyaas in your room and they hear you, then there is nothing they can take away from you.

Having said that, the best thing is to do Naam Abhyaas at a place where you can do so without any distraction like you have mentioned. If you know of any other Gursikhs in your vicinity, then try to do Amritvela Abhyaas with them, at perhaps some other location close by.

Kulbir Singh
September 30, 2014 11:35AM
The most rass in amritvela naam abiyaas comes by doing audible simran as loud as possible. When there are other none amritdharees around its hard to focus because while we do abhyaas we most likely will have a thought as to what they maybe thinking about us. There is always an alternative, so try finding an area that is isolated and you can do loud naam abhyaas with sangat without having to worry about who maybe listening.
September 30, 2014 05:07PM
I apologize if my question was confusing. The third Bibi that shares the room with us has been given Amrit dee Daat but not Naam Drirrh. Our concern is that we don't want her to copy and follow us when we are doing Simran. We are hoping that she will also receive Naam one day. She wants to do Amrit Velaa with us so I will try to explain to her why we will not be able to do Naam Simran with her and hopefully she will understand.

As for going to an isolated location, that doesn't seem possible here because our university campus is basically located in a forest on the mountains so leaving our residence at Amrit Velaa is not safe. Also, the closest Sangat we have is an hour away and we do not have our own vehicles to get there and as far as we know, my sister and I are the only two people on this campus who have been blessed with Naam Drirrh.
September 30, 2014 06:21PM
Sant Attar Singh Ji used to do Bhagti in a forest, without any other Gursikh around.
September 30, 2014 09:26PM
Would it be possible, if it doesn't get complicated, to do simran on your own, but to schedule amrit vela in a way so that you can read bani together.
October 01, 2014 04:44PM
Thank you so much for taking out the time to respond. We were able to work it out with her and she was very understanding.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login