Advanced

Doing path before going to sleep?

Posted by p21singh 
Doing path before going to sleep?
September 17, 2014 09:37AM
Vaheguruoo jee kaa khalsa
Vaheguruoo jee kii fateh....
Hope all of you are in Chardikala.
I just want to know that can we do path before going to sleep.I am not talking about Keertan Sohaila.
I mean to say that can we do path before getting sleep that is during laid on the bed and sleep is on the way.
Can we do path on bed (laying) ?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Absolutely! You can do any Paath you want and as the matter of fact, it's best to drift to sleep while doing Gurbani Paath or Naam Simran. No need to get superstitious about it.

Some claim that if you do Mool Mantr after Siri Sohila Sahib, then you lose protection of Siri Sohila Sahib. How absurd is this claim! How can doing Gurbani Paath, make you lose your protection? If anything, it would enhance your protection and not reduce it or eliminate it.

Kulbir Singh
Yeah veer jee you are right I am not indulging in any superstitious talks.I am little bit worried
that if I do path while laying down on the bed them may it will be a manmat or beadbi of Gurbani.
Beadbi of Gurbani is in not reciting it now that it has appeared in this world. No Beadbi in doing your extra Paath (not Nitnem) and drifting to sleep while doing Paath and Simran. Koi Veham na karo. Paath kariya karo.

Kulbir Singh
Re: Doing path before going to sleep?
September 17, 2014 01:58PM
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Absolutely! You can do any Paath you want and as
> the matter of fact, it's best to drift to sleep
> while doing Gurbani Paath or Naam Simran. No need
> to get superstitious about it.
>
> Some claim that if you do Mool Mantr after Siri
> Sohila Sahib, then you lose protection of Siri
> Sohila Sahib. How absurd is this claim! How can
> doing Gurbani Paath, make you lose your
> protection? If anything, it would enhance your
> protection and not reduce it or eliminate it.
>
> Kulbir Singh

True heard this many times, indeed ridiculously funny I find.

ਮਾਝ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਤੇ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਧਿਆਵਉ ॥
By God's Grace, I meditate on the Lord, Har, Har.

ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦਇਆ ਤੇ ਮੰਗਲੁ ਗਾਵਉ ॥
By God's Kindness, I sing the songs of joy.

ਊਠਤ ਬੈਠਤ ਸੋਵਤ ਜਾਗਤ ਹਰਿ ਧਿਆਈਐ ਸਗਲ ਅਵਰਦਾ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥
While standing and sitting, while sleeping and while awake, meditate on the Lord, all your life. ||1||

ਨਾਮੁ ਅਉਖਧੁ ਮੋ ਕਉ ਸਾਧੂ ਦੀਆ ॥
The Holy Saint has given me the Medicine of the Naam.

ਕਿਲਬਿਖ ਕਾਟੇ ਨਿਰਮਲੁ ਥੀਆ ॥
My sins have been cut out, and I have become pure.

ਅਨਦੁ ਭਇਆ ਨਿਕਸੀ ਸਭ ਪੀਰਾ ਸਗਲ ਬਿਨਾਸੇ ਦਰਦਾ ਜੀਉ ॥੨॥
I am filled with bliss, and all my pains have been taken away. All my suffering has been dispelled. ||2||
I remember when I was very young while lying on bed I used to stay awake for long. My grand mother used to check why I am not sleeping and I always replied "Neend nahin aaundi (I don't feel like sleeping)". Her reply used to be standard.. "Bani padho neend aape aa jaaegi (recite gurbani and sleep will come)".

Our brain in keeps running around and through processes make it more difficult to sleep comfortably these days due to very hectic lifestyle. When we are in bed doing naam abhyaas or reciting gurbani mind starts to relax and helps in sleep. Gurbani is the best sleep medicine as well smiling bouncing smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login