ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bibi Bhan Kaur

Posted by Harmeet Singh 
Bibi Bhan Kaur
September 04, 2014 07:18PM
I was doing research on Bibi Bhan Kaur Ji and so far only found some information about her life (not enough to complete a book) but will continue her research. I am sharing the information I have so far:

Bibi Bhan Kaur was born on 1885 to Bhai Shobha Singh Ji and Bibi Nand Kaur ji. She had one elder brother and 1 younger brother and sister. Her parents were very spritual and all kids were raised with true Gursikhi values. Her elder brother Sant Maghar Singh Ji has been well known for gurmat parchaar and sprituality. She grew up as about 7 feet tall, smart and very strong. She used to tie her hair in top knot and tie a dastaar on top and a chadar (shawl) on top. She carried a large kirpan in her gaatra and a safa-jung in her hand. Sant Maghar Singh ji during Amrit Sanchar to women used to give example of Bibi Bhan Kaur Ji for rehat.

Bibi Bhan Kaur was married to Subedar Bhai Bhan Singh of village Chhiniwal (chota chinniwal). They had 3 sons, Bhai Gurbakhsh Singh, Bhai Karam Singh and Bhai Ram Singh. Bibi Ji spent whole life in sewa and simran. Sant Maghar Singh Ji used to respect bibi bhan kaur ji a lot. Sant ji said they were brother-sister is previous life as well.

She created a bibian da jatha in her area for Gurmat Parchaar and ensured that all Guruduara Sahib obey Gurmat principles. She specifically ensured that no Guruduara Sahib do anand kaaraj of non-Amritdharis as that is against Sikhism but granthis started getting greedy at that time and started ignoring that requirement. She used to conduct Amrit sanchaar for the couple getting married if they aren't Amritdhari but never let an Anand Kaaraj happen of non-Amritdharis in her area. She led a life of sprituality, honor, courage and dignity.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Bibi Bhan Kaur
September 05, 2014 04:44AM
Amazing research.

Jatinderpal Singh
Re: Bibi Bhan Kaur
September 05, 2014 03:34PM
Vaheguru! Never knew about her. Thanks for sharing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login