ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for quote

Posted by ravneetsinghkhalsa 
Looking for quote
September 03, 2014 09:09PM
I heard a quote from singh recently. I forgot the original quote, but it meant that drinking water from a sirgum is like drinking alcohol.

Do anyone know what is the original quote and where it is from ?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Looking for quote
September 04, 2014 09:52AM
ਨੜੀ ਮਾਰ, ਸਿਰ ਗੁੰਮ, ਕੁੜੀ-ਮਾਰ ਨਾਲ, ਰੋਟੀ ਬੇਟੀ ਦਾ ਨਾਤਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਰੱਖਣਾ | (ਰਹਿਤਨਾਮਾ ਭਾਈ ਨੰਦ ਲਾਲ ਜੀ)
“Those who consume any intoxicant, cut their hair, or those who kill their baby-daughters – do not keep the relationship of eating from food from them or marriage with them.”
(Rehitnama Bhai Nand Lal Singh Ji)

ਭੋਜਨਾਦਿ ਮੁੰਡਿਤ ਨਾਲ ਛਕੇ ਤਨਖਾਹੀਆ ॥
(ਭਾਈ ਦਯਾ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਰਹਿਤਨਾਮਾ, ਪੰਨਾ ੭੨ – ‘ਰਹਿਤਨਾਮੇ’, ਸੰਪਾਦਕ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਸਿੰਘ ਪਦਮ)
“One who eats food with a Mona/non-Sikh, is guilty of a breach of conduct”
(Bhai Daya Singh Ji Rehitnama – Piara Singh Padam’s Rehitnamay pg. 72)

ਗੁਰੂ ਕਾ ਸਿਖ, ਸਰਦਾਰ ਹੋਵੈ, ਸ਼ਾਹੂਕਾਰ ਹੋਵੈ, ਮੁਸ੍ਨਦੀ ਹੋਵੈ, ਆਪਣੇ ਲੰਗਰ ਰਸੋਈ ਵਿਚ ਸਿਖ ਰਖੇ ॥
ਹੁਕਈ, ਟੋਪੀਆ, ਭਾਦਣੀ, ਚੋਰ, ਯਾਰ, ਜੂਏਬਾਜ਼, ਕੁਰਹਿਤੀਆ ਨਾ ਰਖੈ ॥
“A Guru ka Sikh…should keep only a Sikh in his langar and kitchen. Smokers, hat-wearers, shaven people, thieves, gamblers, kurehitees should not be kept”
(Rehitnama Bhai Chaupa Singh Ji – Piara Singh Padam, pg. 85)

ਪਰ ਤਿਸ ਸਮੇਂ ਸਿਖ ਆਹੇ ਜਤੀ ਸਤੀ ਰਹਿਤਵਾਨ।
ਪੰਜ ਪੰਜ ਸੱਤ ਸੱਤ ਦਿਨ ਭੁਖੇ ਰਹਿਨ ਪਰ ਐਲਾ ਮੈਲਾ ਧਾਨੁ ਨ ਖਾਨ।
ਤਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਸਿਖਾਂ ਦੇ ਤਪ ਕਰਿ ਤੁਰਕਾਂ ਦਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਨਾਸੁ।
ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਸਿਖਾਂ ਦੇ ਤਪ ਭਜਨ ਸੀਸ ਦੇਣੇ ਕਰਿ ਖਾਲਸੇ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਹੋਣਾ ਹੈ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਸੁ ।੫੪।
(ਬੰਸਾਵਲੀਨਾਮਾ)
“The Sikhs of those times were Rehatvaan. They would stay hungry for many days because they would not eat food which was not considered Bibek. It is because of such penance (staying hungry to stay within Hukam) that the enemy was defeated and it is the sacrifices made by these spiritually trained Gursikhs that will give birth to the glory of Khalsa.”
(Bansaavalinama)
Re: Looking for quote
September 04, 2014 11:02AM

I heard a quote from singh recently. I forgot the original quote, but it meant that drinking water from a sirgum is like drinking alcohol.

Do anyone know what is the original quote and where it is from ?

I think you are mixing up the rehatnama of people who shave their head with people who smoke with . I think you are referring to this rehatnama which states drinking water from someone who smokes is like drinking alcohol. Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir SIngh Ji mentions this rehatnama in his book Gurmat Bibek. The original is from Kavi Santokh Singh Ji.

ਤਨਕ ਤਮਾਕੂ ਸੇਵੀਏ ਦੇਵ ਪਿੱਤ੍ਰ ਤਜਿ ਜਾਇ ॥
ਪਾਨੀ ਤਾਂ ਕੇ ਹਾਥ ਕਾ ਮਦਰਾ ਸਮ ਅਘ ਦਾਇ ॥ 22॥s
ਮਦਰਾ ਦਹਿਤਾ ਸਪਤਿ ਕੁਲ ਭੰਗੁ ਦਹੈ ਤਨ ਏਕ ॥
ਸ਼ਤ ਕੁਲ ਦਹਿਤਾ ਜਗਤ ਜੂਠ ਨਿੰਦਾ ਦਹੈ ਅਨੇਕ ॥ 23॥

Sooraj Parkash Granth- Kavi Santokh Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login