ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Karah Parshad - Bhai Nand Lal Ji's Reference?

Posted by ms514 
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Does anyone have a link or the text from Bhai Nand Lal Sahib Ji's conversation with Guru Sahib about Karah Parshad? Specifically relating to the 4 times the water than the other ingredients.

Thanks
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Last 4 pages in Amrit Keertan starting with Karah Karan Ki Bidh Sun leejay

In this link it starts around middle.
[www.sikhitothemax.com]
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Jio, I did read that in the Rehatnama book by Bhai Piara Singh Padam, but it does not seem to describe amounts and proportions. I am looking for the recipe itself and I think that is described under the title Trihaval. I haven't found that, specifically about the proportion of water (the rest are 1:1:1, gheo, sugar and flour and is universally accepted). The issue is how much water and where the value of 4 is derived as listed on this website. Other Gursikhs have also said 4, but I haven't been able to locate the text prescribing 4.
WaheguroojikaKhalsaWaheguroojikiFateh!!

I haven't read anywhere about the proportion of water, so if you find it let me know as well. I use 4 times water by weight (which is little over 3.2 times by volume). For the other three parts, it is mentioned as teen bhaag ko samsar keejay.
The densities of gheo and water are almost the same. Therefore, water is really not weighed. e.g., if 1 baata of gheo was taken, then 4 baatay of water is used.
Further, it differs from one type of flour to another. Some types of flour absorb more water than others.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login