ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Using mineral water bottle

Posted by harinder_singh 
Is it ok for a sarbloh bibeki to use water from mineral water bottle purchased from a shop ? I know ideally one shud take water from a well or a river or handpump, etc but its almost impossible for peoplle living in cities.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Bibeki Gursikhs here and in India don't consider drinking bottle water to be Bibek. Traditionally well water, river water and handpump water has been preferred and now tap water too is considered to be fine.

Please note that the above statement is strictly from Bibek point of view.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
could you please tell us why it becomes non-bibek? it seems as if even the pipes in our homes are created by non-amritdharis and these pipes are basically teh same as the plastic bottle as they contain the water

could you please tell us why it becomes non-bibek? it seems as if even the pipes in our homes are created by non-amritdharis and these pipes are basically teh same as the plastic bottle as they contain the water

The exact reason, I am not sure. This is just what Singhs say. One Singh said that when water is in small quantity it is affected by jooth but if it is over certain volume, jooth no longer affects it. As an example running water or a big pond of water does not get jootha but water in a jug, pateela or a glass does get jootha when touched by non-devotee.

Small points like this are normally determined by Jatha of Singhs you hangout with. Singhs can sit together and decide on such issues in form of a Gurmata. On this issue, last time I consulted Singhs here and in India, it was decided that Bottle water should be avoided.

Rest Bhai, Guru Sahib knows.

Kulbir Singh
Kamal hai; I find most scientific, logical, 21st century explanations of Gurmat Bubek here at this forum. This is going to be a Rehitnama Website, I think, for the new generation. smiling smiley
Re: Using mineral water bottle
April 20, 2010 08:47PM
i don't think the water in bottles is touched by anyone... purified water is pumped into sterile bottles by machine. that doesn't seem any different than tap water.

what about singhs who live in countries without clean water? much of india has polluted water and to drink it you risk many diseases, some of which can be fatal, especially for visitors.

is it really better to risk death than to drink water that has been contained in plastic?
To increase further with the problems of Bibeki Singhs who use tap water supplied by cities (as I do smiling smiley); I add that some times the water supplies are so close with the sewerge especially in India; water is really unfit for drinking. Short water supplies, erratic power avilability coupled with Suction pumps used to suck water from pipes makes the problem worse hygenically. Water supply pipes can also be seen running very close to the open drainage pipes. Hand pumps earlier used by Singhs in India; are no longer able to draw water as the water tables fall down further and further. ------------------------Water is really a problem in cities of India.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login