ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Non sikhs and human life and Gurmat

Posted by akaal74 
One question was raised by someone at work recently. Dass tried to discuss this in context of Gurmat Karam Philosophy but would appreciate views of forum members.

- If we only get one human life to realize god and we have no idea about Sikhism how can we be held accountable for the things which are not as per Sikhism.

- I drink and cut my hair because there is no such restrition in my religion but I try to follow all other things my relegion tells me. Does this mean because I am not a Sikh I will now have to be reborn into millions of lives again before I get a human life?

-A child was born to catholic or athiest parents and died a few days later. How can that child meet god in that life? If the purpose of human life is to just meet god why was he not given the opportunity to do the same.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Just a small story:

Human janam is rare but it depends on individual jeev's karma what happens next and when he shall get a human form again. In my own family we have had a case of a re-birth taking place. One of my cousins from village died young and suddenly. After a few years (3 or so) he was born again in a local town not very far off. When he was very young he started to remember things and used to say to his new parent, "ਮੇਰਾ ਘਰ ਇਹ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੈ . ਅਸੀਂ ਤਾ ਸਰਦਾਰ ਹੁੰਨੇ ਹਾਂ . ਸਾਡੇ ਕੋਲ ਤਾਂ ਟ੍ਰੈਕਟਰ ਹੈ , ਦੁਧ ਦੀ ਡੇਅਰੀ ਹੈ ". His new family was a sikh family but they did not have lot of ancestral farming lands, hence they considered simple jatts, not well to do sardars. So he kept on insisting that he has a better house, a better living standard and so on. So the word started to spread. One of his sisters from his previous life (our village) was married in some nearby village. She heard stories too. And she felt that there were similarities in his stories and her parental family situation (mild dairy and so forth). So she visited him. And he recognised her!
The they bought him to our village and he kept on recognising things. He told about many of his personal things lying in the house and various other things. So it was accepted by everybody that he is indeed their child reborn again.

This happened many years ago, the child has grown up now and the memories have faded away. In all other ways he is just a normal person.

- If we only get one human life to realize god and we have no idea about Sikhism how can we be held accountable for the things which are not as per Sikhism.

We do not get only one human life to reach our goal. The opportunity will keep coming until we reach our destination. If one keeps doing good karma and leads a moral life, he should get human life.

God has given us brain to use and internet has made it even easier to find information. One must make an effort to search for the truth. Many people do it and after years of search settle with Gurmat. Principles of Gurmat are universal. So whether one knows about them or not is irrelevant. I think those who commit sins in spite of knowing probably get more severe punishments.

- I drink and cut my hair because there is no such restrition in my religion but I try to follow all other things my relegion tells me. Does this mean because I am not a Sikh I will now have to be reborn into millions of lives again before I get a human life?

Path of salvation is one and the same. It does not change from human to human. All must go through Satguru. One should make enquiry into their faith and see how authentic and true it is to the original version and how it was preserved. It is odd that majority of people in the world follow prophets who kept hair and beard yet do not adhere to such practice themselves. These people should do inner search and see if they are making any spiritual progress in their religion. If effect of five vices is not decreasing and they have not been able to rise above base desires then they are wasting their time following their religion. They must seek elsewhere. If those who make some progress and then stop should also do the same.

Cutting hair and drinking alone does not mean one will get lower life forms as birth. Karma is very complex and everything is decided in the court hereafter.

-A child was born to catholic or athiest parents and died a few days later. How can that child meet god in that life? If the purpose of human life is to just meet god why was he not given the opportunity to do the same.

If a child dies before knowing Gurmat then he was destined to live only that much karma. It could also be that someone obtained the opportunity to get even and misused it do incur bad karma. In any case, the child will get another life and this chance will keep coming until he meets his destination.

Goal in life is not just to meet God but also to be active in all spheres of life. A Sikh develops a Naam character and becomes a true saint-soldier. Salvation comes as an outcome of the lifestyle. Those who obtain it do not get exceptions and must not become careless or other worldly. They must continue to live the same lifestyle. A Sikh never stops keeping rehat even after having darshan of Vaheguru. This tells us that the goal is not to reach salvation but to lead an ideal lifestyle.

In Semitic religions, the same child will not get another opportunity. He is bound for hell because he never followed the faith. “Age of accountability” is not found in Bible nor is it affirmed in Quran. He gets eternal hell for no reason. If we assume he is given heaven then it is unfair to those who spent their lifetime following the religion. In both cases, the justice is unfair either to the child or to the follower.

In addition to all this, Sikhs should be active preachers so that the message of Gurmat could be reached to all. This is another way karma of other people can be changed. Sometimes only one casual meeting is needed to activate the good dormant karma. Guru Sahib knows best. Guru Rakha
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login