ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need some advice - Amritdharis going to astrologers and babai

Posted by jsingh84 
First of all VahegurooJeeKaKhalsaVahegurooJeeKeeFateh

In dass's family there are 2 elders who are both amritdhari

They both take there kakaars of like "throw kirpan on bed" take kanga etc off

And they both go to pandits and babai and like ask them to predict future they have even asked to predict mines and apparantley it has all been correct so far :/

this really frustrates me should i confront them and tell them not to do the following or just let them carry on i told them once and they were like why are you trying to teach us we are older?

Can anyone give me any bani tukhs to help? or any articles on importance of kakaar
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
jsingh84
They both take there kakaars of like "throw kirpan on bed" take kanga etc off
I think you should definitely ask them (casually) because sometimes they just don't know.
I recently had some guests over from California who have just recently been blessed with amrit. They also used to take off their kirpaans and dastaars before going to sleep thinking it was ok. They also own a pizza shop where they used to make non-vegetarian food.
When daas's maata ji questioned them about their actions, they told us that they were told by the sangat at their local gurudwara that it is ok to do so and there is nothing wrong with making meat and serving it, as long as they themselves are not consuming it. We then helped them understand how what they were doing was not right. They felt bad, did ardaas for maafi and were eager to change their habits.
They now wear all panj-kakkaar at all times and have stopped serving meat at their pizza shop thumbs up

Sukhsehaj Kaur
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Das was wondering whether das should reply or not. So will apologise for any offence in advance.

You have raised a few interesting points about family, rehat, superstitutions and what you should do.

Why does this issue frustrate you? because these are elders in your family? Is das not part of your family? If das did the things you mention, would you be equally upset? das thinks your blood relations do not define your family, das has a universal family. So you might say that ALL Sikhs visiting pandit astrology behavior upsets you because it is fake and makes fools of people. What would make someone turn from Gurbani to superstition? Das would view this as a test from Waheguru similar to maya.

What should you do? das would suggest that when the topic comes up next, that you should 'respectfully' state that you are personally against these practices and reject them.

What Gurbani tukhs can help? das would suggest this is your challenge to research and find. There are lots of online resources available these days.
As Sukhsehaj Kaur above has pointed out, you should let them know with love and humility that what they are doing is against Gurmat and that we are not supposed to separate 5 Kakaars from our body at any time. If they are hostile in return to your good gesture, then don't argue with them. If they argue back, then surely they are not candidates worthy of your advice. Leave things to Guru Sahib then.

Going to astrologers and other such occult people is against Gurmat. A Sikh asks only his Guru for help and does not beg for help from other deities or so called babae. If something is not getting resolved by your own Gurmat effort, then get an Ardaas done by Sangat. There is no other place, other than the House of Guru Nanak, for Gursikhs to beg from.

Kulbir Singh
This thread reminded me of a sakhi of Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhindranwale :

The palm reading Pandit and Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa

One time a pandit came to see Sri Maan Sant Gyani Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale. The pandit came in front of Sant Ji and said that he had attained such an avastha that just by looking at someone’s hands he could tell what Akaal Purakh had written in their future and what their destiny was.

Sant Ji lifted his hands up and asked the pandit to tell him about his future. The pandit looked at Sant Ji’s hands for a few minutes and then began to tell Sant Ji and the rest of the sangat who had gather there about some of the events which could occur in the future regarding Sant Ji life.

The pandit then looked at Sant Ji’s hands again to tell him more. As the pandit did this he noticed that the lines he had read a few minutes ago had changed and now revealed a completely different destiny for Sant Ji.

The pandit looked shocked and stood speechless as the lines continued to change over and over again, each time revealing different destinies.

Sant Ji then looked at the pandit and told him that, ‘Sikhs of Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj don't need this vidiya because everything lies not in these worldly hands, but in the hands of Dhan Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj.’ Who are we to second guess the King of Kings and the Saint of Saints?

Dhan Guru Pyaare!
The above story of Giani Ji and the Pandit remind me of another story between Baba Raam Singh Ji Khalsa and a Pandit. There was a Pandit in Punjab who use to go around the village preaching vedantic teaching stating we are God ( not a part of God ) but actually we are God. Baba Raam Singh Ji told the Singhs to grab the Pandit and throw him in the river as the Singhs started grabbing him to throw him in the river the Pandit started to cry and begged for help. Baba Ji then laughed and said " Whats a matter Pandit Ji.You are God why fear death? God doesnt fear death" hahaha
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login