Posted by SinghAbb 
Shabad difference
July 08, 2014 08:02PM
In the shabad

ਹਰਿਕੇਲੋਗਾਮੋਕਉਨੀਤਿਡਸੈਪਟਵਾਰੀ॥

the line
ਏਕੁਕੋਟੁਪੰਚਸਿਕਦਾਰਾਪੰਚੇਮਾਗਹਿਹਾਲਾ॥ਜਿਮੀਨਾਹੀਮੈਕਿਸੀਕੀਬੋਈਐਸਾਦੇਨੁਦੁਖਾਲਾ॥੧॥

In the Sahib Singh Arth, he writes

(ਮਨੁੱਖ ਦਾ ਇਹ ਸਰੀਰ, ਮਾਨੋ,) ਇਕ ਕਿਲ੍ਹਾ ਹੈ, (ਇਸ ਵਿਚ) ਪੰਜ (ਕਾਮਾਦਿਕ) ਚੌਧਰੀ (ਵੱਸਦੇ ਹਨ), ਪੰਜੇ ਹੀ (ਇਸ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਪਾਸੋਂ) ਮਾਮਲਾ ਮੰਗਦੇ ਹਨ (ਭਾਵ, ਇਹ ਪੰਜੇ ਵਿਕਾਰ ਇਸ ਨੂੰ ਖ਼ੁਆਰ ਕਰਦੇ ਫਿਰਦੇ ਹਨ)।
(ਪਰ ਆਪਣੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਨਾਲ) ਮੈਂ (ਇਹਨਾਂ ਪੰਜਾਂ ਵਿਚੋਂ) ਕਿਸੇ ਦਾ ਭੀ ਮੁਜ਼ਾਰਿਆ ਨਹੀਂ ਬਣਿਆ (ਭਾਵ, ਮੈਂ ਕਿਸੇ ਦੇ ਭੀ ਦਬਾ ਵਿਚ ਨਹੀਂ ਆਇਆ), ਇਸ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਕਿਸੇ ਦਾ ਮਾਮਲਾ ਭਰਨਾ ਮੇਰੇ ਲਈ ਔਖਾ ਹੈ (ਭਾਵ, ਇਹਨਾਂ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਕੋਈ ਵਿਕਾਰ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਕੁਰਾਹੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਪਾ ਸਕਿਆ) ॥੧॥

I get what the shabad means. Now in another shabad

ਹਮਅਪਰਾਧੀਸਦਭੂਲਤੇਤੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਬਖਸਨਹਾਰੇ॥੧॥ਰਹਾਉ॥

The meaning is clear.

Now both shabads ask for Waheguru's protection.
But one says that "I have not done anything wrong, so keep me from falling to vikars."
The other one says "I have done a lot wrong, so forgive me."

What is the difference?

Is it in higher or lower avastha?

Or do both of these shabads apply to all gursikhs, regardless of avastha?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Shabad difference
July 09, 2014 10:58AM
One day some Gursikhs approached Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji and asked a similar question about " contradictions " of Gurbani. They said in one pangti you say " we have no control of everything. God makes us do everything" but then on the other hand you say" you reap what you say" ( aape beej aape hee khau). The Gursikhs were confused at these two " contradiciting" pangtis.

Sri Guru Ji explained that Gurbani is a medicine cabinet and like a good doctar the medicine is given according to the disease of the patient. If I have time I will share the whole sakhi in the future.
Re: Shabad difference
July 13, 2014 02:51PM
I think that line might mean that at that moment we have not acted according to the orders of the punj vikars.

So when we don't do what they want, the patwaari, mind, starts bothering us. so we go to Guru Ji.

What are the nine daadi and ten munsaf?

Apparently they bother us by making us pay more than we need to. Dori poori maapahe naahi, dont measure properly.
Baho Bistala Lehee. They take a lot of bribe.

I have heard that we need some of the vikaars to live in the world, they just have to be in our control. With the incorrect measurements and bribes, it could mean that the vikars are running out of control and instead of being used within reason, they make us do paap.

Then when we get naam, everything is fixed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login