Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Discover Sikhism

Posted by Unjaan 
Discover Sikhism
June 29, 2014 04:07AM
Posted on SikhSangat

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

We have released a free online library, which is easily accessible, readable and searchable.

The sections are split as follows -

Gurbani (to be expanded in future)
Gurmat Parkash (Sri Harmandir Sahib booklet in Gurmukhi - updated monthly)
Gurmukhi/ Punjabi (to be expanded in future - we have many hundreds of books/ articles to upload)
English
Other Languages (including many European)
Sanskrit/ Devanagri (to be expanded in future)

There are some excellent books and articles for ALL.

The English section alone has over 600 books and can be accessed here - Books

If you have any Sikh literature that we can use (that is not in our library) please send it to us for the benefit of the Sangat.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Discover Sikhism
June 29, 2014 04:40PM
nice website. for some reason I cant download any of the books . I can only view them?
June 30, 2014 01:56PM
Sukhdeep Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> nice website. for some reason I cant download any
> of the books . I can only view them?

Unsure if copyright comes into force when downloading these books but worked out a way to save. Click on a book of your choosing, then the link next to the archive icon in the top left, on the next page click pdf and hover over save icon. Worked successfully on a couple I tried.
June 30, 2014 08:43PM
I followed your advice and saved it as a PDF, but then when I tried to open the file and it said the file was damaged and/or is not a supported file. Perhaps its just my computer. Which books where you able to save as a PDF.
July 02, 2014 05:04PM
Sukhdeep Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I followed your advice and saved it as a PDF, but
> then when I tried to open the file and it said the
> file was damaged and/or is not a supported file.
> Perhaps its just my computer. Which books where
> you able to save as a PDF.

18th Century Western Perspective Of The Sikhs And Their Scripture saved fine. Maybe you need the latest Adobe reader? I have Adobe reader X v 10.1.10 if it helps..
July 02, 2014 08:39PM
I dont know Im having difficulty with this site. I try to search books by author but I cant get access even though I have opened up an account. I tried to look for the book " Gurbai Lipi Ithiaas" by Pyara Singh Padam , but the search engine doesnt allow me to search by authors name.
July 27, 2014 05:47AM

Bhaji Sukhdeep Singh, the library is arranged for direct reading online.

If you want to download any books or pdf's, its very easy. As Bhaji Unjaan mentioned, 'Click on a book of your choosing, then the link next to the archive icon in the top left, on the next page click pdf and hover over save icon.'

The reason 'Gurbai Lipi Ithiaas' by Pyara Singh Padam returns no results is because we do not have this book. Any books not found, will not appear in the search. If you have any other problems, please let us know.

We aim to provide ongoing Sikhi resources and information for the long term, (we have noticed that many Sikh sites have stopped updating or have become unavailable over time so we are trying to collect and preserve as much information as possible).

We have used some great and inspiring articles (and posts) from gurmatbibek.com

We are currently working on expanding the Gurmukhi book library to over 1000 books (we will post an update here when it is released).

July 27, 2014 12:37PM
I dont know why but I am having difficulty with this search engine on my computer. When I try to search by authors name nothing shows up? I was able to download on pdf, but I cant open the file? My brother is the comptuer geek of the family he may be coming in a few weeks I will ask if he can help otherwise I will just ask my cousin to help me. Thanks for your response
July 27, 2014 07:35PM
I just got it to work. I dont know what I had issued with it in the past.
August 30, 2014 02:56PM
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ, ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ

ਸਿੱਖ ਲਾਇਬੇ੍ਰੀ - http://www.discoversikhism.com/sikh_library/gurmukhi.html

ਤੁਸੀ ਇਸ ਸਿੱਖ ਲਾਇਬੇ੍ਰੀ ਵਿਚ ੮੦੦ ਧਾਰਮਿਕ ਗੁਰਮੁਖੀ ਪੁਸਤਕਾਂ ਪੜ੍ਹ ਸਕਦੇ ਹੋ ।

ਸਿੱਖ ਇਤਹਾਸ, ਸਟੀਕ, ਟੀਕੇ, ਸੰਥਿਆ, ਗੁਰਮੁਖੀ ਸਿਖਣਾ, ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਸੰਗੀਤ ਅਤੇ ਹੋਰ ਵੀ ਜਾਣਕਾਰੀ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਕਰ ਸਕਦੇ ਹੋ ।

We have released over 800 books in Gurmukhi. They can be accessed here - http://www.discoversikhism.com/sikh_library/gurmukhi.html
August 30, 2014 11:15PM
Vaaheguroo! Just went through your site Jee! Amazing. Absolutely amazing. Will tell everyone else I know about this website.
December 23, 2014 11:19AM
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ, ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ

At last we have completed the Sikh genocide section on our site. There over 800 pages with a photo gallery and a full library.

There are many new articles from the last 10 years with recent information and discoveries of genocide and mass graves. The library contains comprehensive information on Crimes Against Sikhs (Crimes Against Humanity), State Terrorism and Sikh Genocide with associated articles, books and reports.

India needs you to keep silent. Learn the Truth.

Sikh Genocide

We leave it to the Sangat to decide how to use the information.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login