ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Employment

Posted by SinghAbb 
Employment
June 23, 2014 09:50PM
Any tips or just thoughts on Sikhi and getting a job.
Importance of Sachi Suchi Kirt
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Employment
June 24, 2014 10:58AM
Another question comes to mind is BaNa.When applying for a job, does one go in BaNa or Shirt/Tie? Some companies ask for 'smart dress'. Now I am not saying BaNa is not smart, but as we are living in the 21st Century we might have to compromise a little, just to 'get your foot in the door'?

Any thoughts?

Akiratghan
June 26, 2014 11:56AM
I don't think that the whole bana is necessary for a job. Dastar and kakkars have to stay on.
June 27, 2014 12:47PM
Is it okay to do the lottery?
As far as I know it is not something that is worked for to earn and its wrong.
June 30, 2014 06:25AM
SinghAbb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't think that the whole bana is necessary for
> a job. Dastar and kakkars have to stay on.

Guru Sahib gave us this Bana to wear, it's the best type of clothes to wear, no other types of clothes even come close. Forget about its benefits which are numerous, it is Hukam of Guru Sahib to wear Bana, why should we leave Guru Sahib's gift and wear Ferangi (western) clothes? All Rehats are equal Hukams of Guru Sahib, you said yourself that Kakkars have to stay on, so we can pick and choose which Rehats we want to follow according to our own choosing? This is the very definition of Manmat! We should try our best to find a job where we are allowed to wear Bani, if someone is powerless and has to wear non-Bana then that's understandable, but we shouldn't give up before even trying.
June 30, 2014 10:46AM
There is a whole jatha of Singhs/Singhnees in Toronto who all go to work/school in bana. Why give it up so easily? It may not be the 18th century, but Guru Sahib is no less powerful and supportive of his khalsa in this day and age. The biggest reason to not wear bana is lack of bishwaash and out of pure embarassment.
June 30, 2014 02:56PM
SinghAbb ji,
A major dilemma facing the Sikh diaspora today is the fact that some Sikhs choose to confirm to the mindset and ways of manmukhs. This in turn creates a confusion because then some wonder that if he isn't doing that certain thing or adapting this certain rehit, then is it necessary? Yes it is true that a lot of even Amritdharis don't wear Bana in public, but only because they are ashamed and scared of what people would say or think about them. However, practicing Sarbloh rehit extinguishes that fear inside. So don't listen to those who claim wearing Bana isn't right or important. Do you really want to appear as a sheep(manmukh) or wear Guru Sahib's Bana and be proud of you really are?

Also, please read the below article. It gives an insight to this so-called "issue". Wearing Bana really is no issue.

wwww.facebook.com/notes/world-sikh-organization-of-canada/my-thoughts-on-sikhchiccoms-article-where-are-we-heading/141671499235398
June 30, 2014 03:03PM
I didn't know that. But I understand about the Bana now.
December 09, 2014 03:06PM
In anand Sahib, the 19th and 20th Pauris are a very good explanation for the physical rehats.
The first one says that what a Sikh should not be is dirty on the inside and clean on the outside.
The next one says that a Sikh should be clean on the inside and clean on the outside.
The option of being clean on the inside and dirty on the outside is not given.
So when people say that the outside does not matter, they are proven wrong by Guru Amardas Jee. The outside matters just as much as the inside.
These two pauris clearly prove the necessity of keeping kes, dastar and the rest of the Bana. And now people don't have any reason to go up to Khalse that dress in Bana for Guru Jee and tell them to wear "normal clothes," or to not wear a khanda or that big kara. Because the outside matters.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login