ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ਖ਼ਾਲਸੇ ਦਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਕੌਣ

Posted by JASJIT SINGH 
Play your part to bring awareness about importance of the Larrivaar Saroop. This tract should reach as many Sikhs as possible.

Click to read: [khalsaspirit.com]
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Nice tract. I remember some years ago Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib wrote a tract about Lareevar Saroop titled "Khalsey Da Guru Kaun". I lost this tract so I don't know if its the same. Is this the same tract or is it a revised edition?

I think the tract should make an additional edition to include important information such as the history of pad chhed. Originally Pad Chhed was started by the German missionary Ernest Trump. The British government sent him to Punjab to translate Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and Sri Dasam Granth. To make his job easy he broke up Gurbani and started writing a saroop In pad chhed. This pad chhed saroop still exist in Munich ( Germnay). Trump was also the first to start the manmat practice of printing Gurbani. Even though the Singh Sabha made many good reforms unfortunately they too made a trend in publishing printed pad chhed sarrops. So from the history of pad chhed we know it was developed for a non Gursikhs convenience. Sikhi is not a path of convenience.

One thing I can never understand is why people make a fuss about lareevar but not make any complaints about printed saroops? Since when did the Guru of the Khalsa come from a printing machine? I understand other faiths have printed their scriptures , but their circumstances were different . For example, the Bible was printed during the Protesant Reformation at a time when the Catholic Church ran by a corrupt clergy had a monopoly on the interpretation of the bible . Some Gursikhs can claim Sikhs went through the same history when the corrupt mahants had a monopoly on Gurbani , but Gurbani is our Guru. We don't have professional clergy in our rellgion. Every Gursikh is expected to make efforts In understanding his Guru ( Gurbani) Gurbani is our Guru; thus, the highest level of respect should be given to gurbani when doing pargat of Gurbani. Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji was as much against printed saroops as he was with pad chhed saroops. I think the panth needs to promote the Maryada of handwritten saroops. In addition each Gurdwara should have a Taksal where Lareevar saroop reading is taught otherwise if nobody can read lareevar then what is the point of having lareevar. We should learn from the Jews and give respect to Gurbani the same way they give respect to the Torah. They have a full maryada in hand writing Torah at the same time they spend hours a day in learning to read the Torah.
[www.keddem.org]
Nice tract. I remember some years ago Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib wrote a tract about Lareevar Saroop titled "Khalsey Da Guru Kaun". I lost this tract so I don't know if its the same. Is this the same tract or is it a revised edition?

Bhai Sukhdeep Singh Jio,

Yes, it's the same tract. Due to the fact that availability of this tract is hard now because of no further printing (As per last info) and Daas is also loosing copies that I have so this is the last resort chosen to spread the word.

Daas would request publisher Singhs to consider the reprint seva. Daas offers whatever I could to initiate the project, may be Sangat can contribute to meet whatever minimum amount level is required to reprint.
I think the reason why it stopped printing because people don't like to read. Its been my experience that people don't want to take the time to read even if its a small tract. I think the best way to promote level is through panthic authorities. If the Jathedar promotes lareevar then this would be a positive step. He should tell raagis and kathavachiks to do parchar of lareevar saroop. All puratan gurdwara sahibs do darshan of lareeevar saroop so I don't understand why this is not panthic maryada? Doesn't make any sense to me at all?
Daas take this tract for serious seekers who were mislead by anti-Lareevaar lobby. This tract is not for common people who don't even see any difference between Dastaar and Topi. After reading this tract and first hand experience of Lareevaar Saroop several Sangat members in our area are convinced to do Lareevaar Parkash at their homes but problem is availability of Saroops, which a separate issue.

Even if a single Sikh is convinced to do Larevaar Parkash after distribution of one hundred tracts, I see that as a big achievement. So let's play our part. Don't expect anything from present Jathedaari and Parchaarik system they have their own agenda.

Tat Gurmat is a subject for true seekers, not for ਰੋਟੀਆ ਕਾਰਣਿ ਪੂਰਹਿ ਤਾਲ ॥
This is a good book to be read. More such tracts should be printed.

How can the problem of availability of Lariwar sroops in the west be solved?
I think this tract should be distributed at smagams first . As far as I know California, Toronto , and India are the only places which have strict standards in doing lareevar parkaash during Smagams ( not just Rainsubaee) . Places like B.C. and U.K. are not so strict. I think if the jatha had some level of uniformity in only doing larreevar parkash it would be a great step. In the past, the Jatha was the panths role model in following Gurmat Maryada but now some weaknesses have crept even within the Jatha.
Excellent Book a effort should be made to re-print this book and perhaps do a English translation.

Gurpreet Singh
Wahegurrooojeekaakhalsa Wahegurrooojeekeefateh

A brilliant tract, after reading such a tract, how can anyone not have all of their questions answered??

Just a quick question Bhai Jasjit Singh Ji, you state:

"may be Sangat can contribute to meet whatever minimum amount level is required to reprint."

How much is required?

Wahegurrooo
Just a quick question Bhai Jasjit Singh Ji, you state:

"may be Sangat can contribute to meet whatever minimum amount level is required to reprint."

How much is required?

Bhai Manmander Singh Jio, Khimo karna jio for late reply. What I meant is if publisher Singhs from Toronto who published this tract originally can find out how much minimum order printing press is asking to reprint this tract then Sangat can contribute for maya.

Will check with them in comings days.
I couldn't open it. It says the file is damaged or corrupted.
Bhai Sahib Jio, there is no issue with pdf file. Please try from a different system or refresh the page. PC, Mac and iOS all can view and download w/o an issue.
Wahegurrooojeekaakhalsa Wahegurrooojeekeefateh

Have we found out how much it costs jee?

We could do with this tract in the UK
Bhai Sahib Jio, It seems like someone has to take an initiative for reprint. At the moment Daas is taken up with other tasks. Once find time, I'll inquire from India how much the cost will be.

Anyone else interested?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login