Advanced

ਪਹਿਲਾ ਪੂਤੁ ਪਿਛੈਰੀ ਮਾਈ ॥ Shabad Veechar

Posted by Vista 
Vahiguru jee kaa khalsa
Vahiguru jee kee fateh

Gurmukho

I have come across this very interesting pangti

ਪਹਿਲਾ ਪੂਤੁ ਪਿਛੈਰੀ ਮਾਈ ॥
(First the Son was born, then his mother)

My understanding is that Vahiguru is Mother & Father and everything within and beyond. But how is the Son born first?

Is our Jeev Atama (Son) born into this Sansaar and later Maya (Mother) comes into our Surat and our connection with Vahiguru by this false Mother (Maya) lost.

Can Gursikh share there veechar please.

Gurpreet Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
I think you have already answered the question yourself. Yes, ਪੂਤੁ is referring to Jeeva atma and mother is referring to maya. After coming into this world the Jeev ( Guru) fell at the feet of the untamed disciple ( the mind).
In this world, the Jeev associates with the body and considers oneself to be born of flesh and blood. In other words, the Jeev Aatma is totally engrossed in Maya. Maya is the creation of Vaheguru, but Jeev is the Ansh of Vaheguru i.e. has qualities of Vaheguru in its Shudh Saroop. So, Jeev Aatma which now under the spell of Maya, has become a son of Maya, is in actuality in precedence to Maya i.e. was in existence before Maya.

Gurbani is Agam Agaadh Bodh. This is a difficult Shabad to interpret and by no means the above explanation is complete. Only Guru Sahib or high Avastha Gurmukhs know the real meaning.

Kulbir Singh
Another take on this quote can be:

The child is born first, the mother is born afterwards.

A woman is never called a mother until she gives birth. The birth of the son has enabled her to be called mother.

Therefore, the son was born first, and the word mother was born afterwards.

Waheguru....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login