ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Naam Abhiyaas

Posted by Aalas Moorakh 
Naam Abhiyaas
March 27, 2014 04:42AM
From my little knowledge Guru Sahib advises us to jap naam in sat sangat "mil saadh sangat bhaj kavel naam" But when we read alof the stories of puratan gursikhs and gurskihs of the last century they would do naam abhiyaas on there own. Even Bhai Sahibs accounts in rangle sajjan states that gursikhs would read bani together but then retreat to their own hut or peaceful place for naam abhiyaas. Just wanted to know people thoughts on this?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Naam Abhiyaas
March 27, 2014 11:00AM
For a couple of years we were fortunate to do naam simran in sangat during Amrit Vela and we can say with certainty that the quality of simran is much more better in sangat then done alone. Amrit Vela during those years were pure joy! Those Singhs from " Rangle Sajjan" were at a state where the naam abhyiaas was already at a high quality. Who knows how much sangat they have done and who knows how much naam abhyiaas they have done to get to that stage. Bhai Sahib Bhai Rama Singh Ji mentions the phul of Naam Simran doubles according to the attendance of sangat. We remember another suggesting that naam simran sangat is extra beneficial because of the naam vibrations. Amrit Vela sangat is the best sangat because those who make efforts to attend amrit vela sangat are the most dedicated in their sikhi.
March 27, 2014 11:57AM
Thankyou, makes sense actually. Another thing is in sangat the time also goes a lot quicker compared to done alone.
March 27, 2014 12:54PM
Whenever we go to sangat naam simply starts if we did it at our own level and its for everyone to make our own efforts to jaap more and more and kept it as gupt.
The gursikhs Bhai Sahib Jee told about were naam abhiyasi and they kept it as gupt they also chant naam in sangat that doesn't mean that they donot chant naam in sangat but the more you put your efforts the better you get result.....
If its not possible for someone to have sangat of amritwela and do abhiyaas there that doesn't mean that he/she would stop japping naam.
At that one should sit at his/her own place and do abhyaas as much as he can do
Guru Mahraaj kirpa karan that we should do it....
And be gupt that will give you more laaab Not like me bas aween fukkreee.....lol
March 28, 2014 03:54AM
lol. Vahiguru.
March 28, 2014 12:28PM
"mil saadh sangat bhaj kavel naam"

I have also been doing thoughts on this and other GURBANI saying about Naam Jaap in Sangat.

There is no doubt that GURBANI says NAAM JAAP with SANGAT, in SANGAT, through SANGAT.

Just analyse the above PANGATI. If it is about doing SIMRIN only, with SADH SANGAT; does it imply that there should be no KIRTAN while being with SADH SANGAT, because it says kavel naam

Deeper thoughts are needed here.
March 28, 2014 06:30PM
Chapter III – Individual Spirituality
Article III – Sikh Personal Life
A Sikh’s personal life should comprehend:
1. Meditation on Naam (Divine Substance) and the scriptures
2. Leading life according to the Gurus teachings and
3. Altruistic voluntary service.
Article IV - Meditating on Naam (Divine Substance) and Scriptures
a. A Sikh should wake up in the ambrosial hours (three hours before the dawn), take bath and,
concentrate his/her thoughts on One Immortal being, repeat the name of ‘Waheguru’
--------------------
Chapter IV - Gurduwaras, Congregational Etiquette, Rites
Article V - Joining the Congregation for understanding of and reflecting on Gurbani
a. One is more easily and deeply affected by gurbani (the holy bani bequeathed by the Gurus)
participating in congregational gatherings. For this reason, it is necessary for a Sikh that he/she
visit the places where the Sikhs congregate for worship and prayer (the gurduwaras), and joining
the congregation, partake of the benefits that the study of the Holy Scriptures bestows
---------------------------

Rehat Maryada by SGPC, puts Naam Simran under SAKSHI REHANI (personal spirituality) and Joining the Sangat under PANTHIC REHANI (Congregational Etiquette).
March 29, 2014 01:38PM

Just analyse the above PANGATI. If it is about doing SIMRIN only, with SADH SANGAT; does it imply that there should be no KIRTAN while being with SADH SANGAT, because it says kavel naam

Veer Ji, I think keval naam strictly refers to Gurmat naam and no other name. Meaning when meeting Sangat and doing simran we should only do simran of Gurmantar and not some other name such as Allah, Raam, Om, etc. There are numerous pangtis which direct us to sing Gurbani when meeting sangat so singing Gurbani with sangat is not prohibited. Secondly, gurbani kirtan is the roop of naam .
March 30, 2014 10:32AM
I had a question to do with abhyiaas is it okay to do abhyiaas with Amrit dharis who have not has naam drir this has been going through my head for a long time and would be great if gursikhs here could clear it up
April 03, 2014 10:47AM
I just read something which made me think, about how simran is like sending a text message to vahiguru and the reception on your phone is like the love, no reception (no love) no reply from vahiguru. So my question is how do you jap naam with pyaar? Prem?
April 03, 2014 01:34PM
Read Gurbani Tuks while doing abhiyaas.When you get the meaning of that gurbani you will get rass and then you get love with it...
I had read somewhere....

Bhul chuk maafi ji
April 04, 2014 04:30AM
Please share which Gurbani tuks you read bhai sahib.
April 04, 2014 01:33PM
Choose them randomly.
Every tuk direct us to jaap naam.
Whenever you read it.....It will help you.....I think so.smiling smiley
April 04, 2014 01:39PM
I had not personally tried it veer jee.So please may be some other could help you...smiling smiley
April 04, 2014 07:53PM

I just read something which made me think, about how simran is like sending a text message to vahiguru and the reception on your phone is like the love, no reception (no love) no reply from vahiguru. So my question is how do you jap naam with pyaar? Prem

[searchgurbani.com]
April 07, 2014 04:08AM
Many thanks to both, this has helped.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login