ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Spiritual stages

Posted by Aalas Moorakh 
Spiritual stages
March 20, 2014 07:00AM
Vahiguru ji ka khalsa vahiguru ji ki fateh.

Only a few lucky souls sprint up the spiritual ladder and are blessed with darshan ealry or immediatley after receiving amrit naam. However, I was just wondering is anything documented where it illustrates step by step what the seeker should feel, think, see, hear etc, so that not only we know we are on the right path but it gives you hope and encouragement to carry on.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Spiritual stages
March 20, 2014 10:57AM
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Bandginama by Bhai Raghbir Singh "Bir" will help you with some information.
March 20, 2014 12:48PM
Spiritual stages are different for every seeker depending upon Poorbali (previous life) and this life's (at the moment) Kamai. Sangat is very important to elevate one's Avastha. Jeevan of established GurSikhs like Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Jee and others give us great inspiration to setup our milestones in achieving higher and higher Avastha in mystic Gurmat world.

One can start with small 365 days milestones formula to check if we are on correct path or not.

Check 1: At least three hours of consistent Amritvela starting from 2-3am, although for whole life but at least for 365 days.

Check 2: Once check 1 is accomplished then increase amount by an hour(s) consistently for another 365 days.

Check 3: Once check 2 is accomplished then Increase Amritvela hours to all day long that is while doing other worldly tasks Naam Abhiyaas continue uninterruptedly from 2-3am till go to bed at 9:00pm. Again consistently for another 365.

Achieving above milestones may take this life time or another or more but if someone have had this kirpa in this life time within few years then proceed to next one. This one sounds tough but easier if above one is achieved.

Check 4: Next milestone would be to have Naam Abhiyaas while asleep, check again for consistency of at least 365 days.

Alongside one must watch Rehat Rehni strictly especially Roti-Beti Di Saanjh with GurSikhs. One will find jewels along the way and billboard signs for next stages which doesn't require someone's description.

Of course, without HIS Nadro Karam above is not possible so two times Ardaas is a must.

This is what Daas learned from Sangat of Gursikhs; however, myself is still at pre-check era.
March 20, 2014 01:05PM
I have read parts of this book but was put off by the following ‘It is my personal view that excessive consumption of meat has evil effects and retards the spiritual progress. Its consumption should be reduced to the minimum. More liberal use should be made of milk, fruit and vegetables. I have, at times, eaten meat daily, and at other times, avoided it for a full year at a stretch, and have come to the conclusion that meat should be eaten sparingly, say, once or twice a week. Of course, those who do not eat meat at all, considering it unsuitable for spiritual growth are at liberty to do so as they choose.’ (Bandgi Nama – Communion with the Divine, page 194)
March 20, 2014 01:08PM
Dhanvaad Jasjit Ji. Your description is about increasing actions, but lets say one is at check point 2, what should he experiencing spiritually?
March 20, 2014 04:28PM
Waheguru! If someone is already accomplished check point 1 truly, Daas da Sees Jhukda Hai Oas Agay. Daas is not a Brahmgyani to tell what he should be seeing at check point 2 but I must say the person should have experienced difference his personality at checkpoint 1, if yes then there should be no further question only wait to see next one. But if answer is no then person has either no Jugti of Naam Abhiyaas or it's the Haumai which is holding back.

Beware Gurmat is not about hearing bells and whistles or see lights and call it a spiritual experiences. Gurmat is Shabad Guru Surat Dhun Chela. If a person has strong Amritvela of Naam Abhiyaas then I highly doubt he will be asking around for spiritual experiences insread he/she will be sharing his/her. GURMAT NAAM ABHIYAAS KAMIYEE book is highly recommended to read.
March 20, 2014 07:31PM
Bhai Sahib has gone into full detail of the stage of receiving darshan in the following book
[issuu.com]

We have heard the argument before that people can eat meat and still make spiritual advancements. I remember a Singh once told me how his dad does so much paath, and naam simran , but the problem is he couldn't give up meat. He later asked Bhai Bharpoor SIngh ( Surrey) can a person advance spiritually if they do lots of naam simran, but still eat meat. Bhai Sahib laughed and said how can someone who eats meat do lots of naam simran? lol
March 20, 2014 10:21PM
Read these books:

[www.bsrstrust.org]
March 21, 2014 05:13AM
lol, thanks singho! Jasjit Ji, the check point 2 was just an example, not saying i was there. I suppose we should just follow instructions and be thankful for being able to jap naam.
March 21, 2014 10:26AM
Aalas moorakh veer jeeo
If someone is on second stage than he should remember only one tuk with full bairaag in His Hirda

Kabeer Kesso Kesso Kukiyeee Na Soeaaa Asaaad
Raat Diwas Kei Kookne Kabhu Kei Sune Pukkaaar....

Only and only bani will motivate and can motivate....

Vaheguruoooo
March 21, 2014 10:35PM
Kabeer Kesso Kesso Kukiyeee Na Soeaaa Asaaar
Raat Diwas Kei Kookne Kabhu Kei

#Edited

Bhul chuk maafi ji
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login