ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hayat-i-Afghani

Posted by sk 
Hayat-i-Afghani
March 15, 2014 05:54PM
This book contains a very interesting historical incident related to a one-on-one fight between a Gursikh bibi and a Pathan, which I'm very interesting in tracking down for a project I'm working on:

[books.google.ca]

It likely contains other references to Sikhs as well.

It's probably a long stretch, but if anyone knows anyone who is able to read this and could track and translate down this passage, please let me know what I have to do to convince them to help!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Hayat-i-Afghani
March 18, 2014 02:55PM
[www.youtube.com]

pritpalsingh1699@hotmail.com

you can try contacting Pritpal Singh. Long shot but he seems to know the language as he did a documentary in Aphganistan.He can certainly speak it.
March 18, 2014 05:21PM
Bohuth dhanwaad jee. smiling smiley
March 31, 2014 12:14PM
It is also available in English and is called "Afghanistan and Its Inhabitants: Translated from The HAYAT-I-AFGHANI of Muhammad Hayat Khan".
April 03, 2014 11:39AM
Thank you Bhai Sahib, I had come across that as well but any copies I could find for sale online were extremely expensive. Down the road I might just go ahead and buy it though, as it may have a lot of useful information.
April 04, 2014 09:25AM
WaheguroojikaKhalsaWaheguroojikiFateh!!

I can buy it and give it to Tarun Singh veerji to make it available online. As it is first printed more than 100 years old, there should be no copyright problem on the same. I will sync up with veerji when I am back in the US next week.

WaheguroojikaKhalsaWaheguroojikiFateh!!
April 04, 2014 04:41PM
That would be amazing Bhai Sahib. Hopefully there are more anecdotal gems in there about Gursikhs, but even just that one is a significant one for Sikh records. Bohuth dhanwaad jee!
November 03, 2014 02:32AM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

Could you please share the eglish copy if it is available.
November 03, 2014 10:16AM
Veerji, I bought the english version and skimmed through it but didn't find much material in there. I will try to get it uploading for benefit of sangat.
November 10, 2014 12:26AM
Thanks Veerji....

Please mail me at singh.kavneet@gmail.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login