ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Samporan Kirtan Sohela In English

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Can Anybody Have Samporan Kirtan Sohela In English With Meanings Or Samporan Kirtan Sohela In English , As I Donot Know Gurmukhi. I Want To Read It Daily .If Anybody Have Any .Doc , .Pdf Or Link , Then Please Share With Me.
Help Please…

Satnaam Waheguru.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
I have heard of sampooran rehiras sahib, but what is sampooran kirtan sohila?
For some reason kirtan Sohia + rakhya de shabad has been given the name of Sampooran Kirtan Sohila by some institution(s).
To me it seems that these people see themselves above Guru Maharaj and create the name of the banis as it suits them.

Bhul Chuk Maff
Please note that there are some differences among panthic institutions which are not of great importance.
Main thing for you is to learn to read Bani, learn meanings and apply to your daily life which I am sure you will and live in bliss forever.
Below is the link for a site that will provide you with PDF files for most of the Banis.
I could not locate rakhya de shabad but it does have kirtan sohila with translations.
If someone have Rakhya De Shabad and Kirtan Sohila with meanings in pdf format please post for this gurmukh pyara

[www.gurbanifiles.org]
Goto [www.rajkaregakhalsa.net] then gurbani then sikh prayers - (read, listen and learn) then you find = rakhya da shabad & kirtan sohila
goto youtube and type in search bar = kirtan sohila - sikh prayer
then you get rakhya da shabad & kirtan sohila with audio of the shabad, it is by rajkaregakhalsanet .
satnaam waheguru.
How can any baani be anything but Sampooran!?

On a separate note, does anyone know how the word 'Kirtan' got associated with Sohila Sahib di baani? Why do people say 'Kirtan Sohila' rather than just 'Sohila'?
As per Puratan Maryada at some Gurdwaras, after "So Dar" Paat, Shabad Kirtan was sung, after which Paat of Aarti Shabads and Sohila were done.

Bhai Gurdas Ji Says (Vaar 6, Pauri 3):

ਸੰਝੈ ਸੋਦਰੁ ਗਾਵਣਾ ਮਨ ਮੇਲੀ ਕਰਿ ਮੇਲਿ ਮਿਲੰਦੇ।
ਰਾਤੀ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਸੋਹਿਲਾ ਕਰਿ ਆਰਤੀ ਪਰਸਾਦ ਵੰਡੰਦੇ।

"At Evening time they sing 'So Dar', and heartily associate with one another.
At Night time they recite 'Kirat Sohila', and after 'Aarti' they distribute Parshad."

(Translation based on Bhai Vir Singh's)

Bhai Mani Singh's Gian Ratanavali states:

ਸੰਧਿਆ ਨੰੂ ਰਹਿਰਾਸ ਪੜ੍ਹੀਏ ਫੇਰ ਕੀਰਤਨ ਗਾਈਏ, ਪਹਿਰ ਰਾਤ ਗਈ ਸੋਹਿਲਾ ਪੜ੍ਹੀਏ।

It therefore seems that as Kirtan was sung before Sohila Paat, it became known as "Kirtan Sohila".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login