ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Asa Ki Vaar and Asa Mahalla 4 Shant Ghar 4

Posted by gurs1kh 
Recently I have been hearing a particular group saying that Asa Ki Vaar should be sung without Shants and was wondering if someone can provide more about this topic.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Waheguru?
?
Which group is advocating this?

and this is out of topic, but from which Ang from Guru Granth Sahib jee are the Shants located?
Singing Asa Ki Vaar with Shannts is a Puratan Maryada, many prominent Sikhs sung themselves, none said anything against this Maryada.

We can take Sri Darbar Sahib's Maryada as reference. In recent time Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh did Kirtan with Shannts and other Shabads.

If some one feels Asa Ki Vaar w/o Shannts gives them Russ then be it but Daas feels we should refrain from creating an issue out of nothing.

Baaki Guru Sahib Jandey Hun Jee.

Bhul Chuk Muaaf
Bhai Jasjit Singh jee has given very good reasons for doing Siri Asa kee Vaar with the shants.

It is still Lahayband to do paath of Siri Asa kee Vaar without Shants as well, but this is a Puratan Maryada of doing Paath and Keertan of Siri Asa kee Vaar in this way which has come seena baseena from Gursikhs.

Preetam Singh
Singh1699, the group name is Raj Academy (for the record, I am not in support of them). The Shants are located on Angs 448-451.
JASJIT SINGH and Preetam Singh, I have also heard that Asa Ki Vaar was sung with Shants during Guru Arjan Dev Ji's Darbar, but I can't find any references to back up this. Do you have any by any chance? Or any reference to this being Puratan Marayada?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login